• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Finals !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins the Finals?

• OKC in 4

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • OKC in 5

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • OKC in 6

Votes: 71 61.7%
  • OKC in 7

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other team in 4

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other team in 5

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other team in 6

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Other team in 7

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thats why i cautioned all the pro hard salary cap fans. You're punishing OKC for good drafting. Beware Cavs fans...this could be you in a few years if Tristan...and say Harrison Barnes and Shabazz Muhammad become great young players.

I think that's a problem I'd be ok with having. Thanks for your concern though.

After a day of trying to avoid all the media slobbering over lebron comparing his leg cramp to Jordan's flu, it was nice to see this article. At least some non-Cavs fans out there can see still through his BS:

NHL Players Mock LeBron James’ Leg Cramps Via Twitter During Game 4 Of NBA Finals « CBS Boston

OSTON (CBS) — There may be no tougher group of athletes on the planet than hockey players. They regularly block 90 mph shots without so much as grimacing, they are happy when a high stick causes them to bleed so that their teams will get extra power-play time, they lose teeth and don’t miss a shift, and they play through serious injuries in their quest for winning a Stanley Cup.

So when it comes to toughness, hockey players can’t really be questioned. And if they want to have a little fun at the expense of an NBA player being praised for playing through some leg cramps? Well, they’ve kind of earned that right, too.

That NBA player was LeBron James on Tuesday night. The Heat superstar went down in the fourth quarter with leg cramps. At first, he was able to stay in the game, hitting a one-handed bank shot before nailing a crucial 3-pointer minutes later. It wasn’t exactly a Willis Reed moment, but given that he’s the biggest basketball star on the planet, LeBron was receiving a healthy amount of praise for playing through the pain.

But color some NHL players unimpressed.

Thanks to the miracle of Twitter, we were able to see some of their thoughts as they were happening.

“Lebron James is embarrassing himself and the NBA or actually all athletes,” tweeted Ryan Potulny, a forward in the Washington Capitals system.

“I wonder what kind of face LeBron would make if he took a slapper off the laces?” wondered former Bruin and current Jet Blake Wheeler.

“We get it Lebron, it doesn’t hurt when you’re running around but it looks unbearable when the cameras are close up during the timeouts,” wrote Nick Bonino, former BU player and current Anaheim Duck.

“What a gutsy performance by lebron #not” wrote Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski.

“Oh my god guys, Lebron has a cramp, everyone get on their feet, standing O for somehow staying in the game,” wrote Scott Valentine of the Milwaukee Admirals, the AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators, before sarcastically adding, “If Lebron somehow manages to pull off winning a ring after fighting through a thigh cramp.. it will be a story I tell my children’s children.”

Taylor Hall, the No. 1 pick of the 2010 NHL Draft, didn’t take a shot directly at LeBron, but rather at the whole sport.

“So much flopping going on.. Wondering what these bball players would do if they got a skate in the face haha,” wrote Hall, who himself received a cut on his face that required 30 stitches this season.

NHL players weren’t the only athletes taking shots at LeBron, as Jordan Lewis, an Australian Rules Football player, thought the injury ought to have been serious, considering the way James was acting.

“Anyone heard what Lebron’s injury was??” he tweeted. “I’m tipping Torn hamstring, ACL or dislocated knee cap by the way he was carrying on!!”

I've been hit with a hockey puck in the face before, and I can clearly say that it hurts more than a leg cramp. Mind you i've never had a leg cramp that caused me to need to miss time out of an NBA finals game, and i've also never had to be hit by a Chara slap shot, so my opinion has little basis I guess. Just saying I would rather get a cramp.

I was playing basketball at the gym on campus this year. I believe it was my second or third straight game and I got a breakaway jam (layup :chuckles:) I went to plant my foot and take off and my leg just shat out on me. MASSIVE leg cramps. I kept playing though because I didn't want to be a pussy and I didn't want to forfeit my spot........

LeBron is a pussy or he was acting.

Thats why i cautioned all the pro hard salary cap fans. You're punishing OKC for good drafting. Beware Cavs fans...this could be you in a few years if Tristan...and say Harrison Barnes and Shabazz Muhammad become great young players.

I feel like the salary cap rules should make exceptions if you drafted the players yourself. You should be able to pay them "max money" but not have it count against the cap as much.

If only players cared about winning more than money........then they would simply all take small pay cuts to play on a well developed contending team. Example: Kyrie, TT, and #4 pick are committed to winning so they each decide to take a slightly lower paycheck in order to have a solid team. I know, that's asking too much.

I feel like the salary cap rules should make exceptions if you drafted the players yourself. You should be able to pay them "max money" but not have it count against the cap as much.

If only players cared about winning more than money........then they would simply all take small pay cuts to play on a well developed contending team. Example: Kyrie, TT, and #4 pick are committed to winning so they each decide to take a slightly lower paycheck in order to have a solid team. I know, that's asking too much.

The NBPA would never allow thats the problem

I was playing basketball at the gym on campus this year. I believe it was my second or third straight game and I got a breakaway jam (layup :chuckles:) I went to plant my foot and take off and my leg just shat out on me. MASSIVE leg cramps. I kept playing though because I didn't want to be a pussy and I didn't want to forfeit my spot........

LeBron is a pussy or he was acting.

Shoot. I was in an intramural bball league at my college and the first game, five minutes in, I hyper-extended my knee. Played through it and ended up going to the ER when I got home cause my leg went numb. Missed the whole season and was able to play in the first playoff game. 10 minutes in and I tore ligaments in my ankle going for a block. That was not pleasant. Ankle swelled to twice its size.

I was playing in a league couple years ago and jumped up for a ball, came down on someone's foot and twisted my knee. It hurt like hell. Sat out for a few then went back in. Later that week I found out I tore my ACL. Now that's a motherfucker

I was playing in a league couple years ago and jumped up for a ball, came down on someone's foot and twisted my knee. It hurt like hell. Sat out for a few then went back in. Later that week I found out I tore my ACL. Now that's a motherfucker

You're lucky man. I couldn't even put any weight on my knee when I tore my ACL/MCL. I tried to stand, and went right back down.

Okay, so I am hanging on to a very tiny shred of hope the Thunder can still come back. Totally unlikely, but it ain't over til it's over, as we learned from the Indians in 2007.

Has a team ever come back from 3-1 in the finals? No. But 8 teams have come back from 3-1 in the NBA playoffs. I would imagine each and every team that was up 3-1 thought they had it in the bag.

It's nauseating to see the Heat so close to getting their championship. It's not really even the way Lebron left anymore, but it's the way the Heat conduct themselves as a whole. The celebration party guaranteeing 8 "easy" championships, the obvious collusion that the league didn't even bother to investigate, Wade's dirty plays that injure other players, the ridiculous playacting and flopping (I mean seriously, every time I look at Wade I think of last year's pathetic finals flop where he threw himself to the ground and put his hand over his eye - how do you root for someone like that), the constant bitching on every.single.play that the refs just absorb without T-ing them up like they would anyone else, their classless comments and actions, their incredibly lame fans who can't even be bothered to fill the arena even for playoff games, Lebron's theatrics regarding his fake leg cramp and Wade's fake back injury that the media just ate up, the media slobbering over their every move from the very beginning (ESPN's heat index, ugh). That's why people who don't give a rip about Cleveland or the Cavs can't stand the Heat either. And it's just irritating to see such a collection of a-holes, from Riley on down, succeeding in everything they set out to do.

It's especially hard to swallow this year because of the way it all went down. Everything went their way. Rose getting injured, thereby taking out their biggest competition. OKC not playing up to their potential and making boneheaded blunders. And of course the officiating. For anyone to say that the officiating hasn't been a factor in the Heat's favor for their entire playoff run is mind-boggling. And to defend it by saying, "that's just how it is" and "superstars just get the benefit of the doubt" is ludicrous. If an NBA referee cannot get over being starstruck, then they are in the wrong career field. A foul is a foul, whether it is Lebron or the end-of-the bench scrub. There is no consistency, what is a foul on one end is not on the other. Acting and complaining gets rewarded. The Thunder do very little of either, and they are paying for it. It amazes me to see such blatant incompetency shrugged and explained away. And that's what fuels the conspiracy theories that it is all fixed. The league is doing very little to dispel such myths. Hopefully the rumors of a crackdown on flopping will come to fruition, as well as the expansion of instant replay. And hopefully the new flopping rules will make it harder for the Heat to win their promised 8 straight championships in the future.

But anyway, I've resigned myself that they will probably be hoisting the trophy in the next week and Lebron will be saying how "humbled" he is by it every time someone shoves a mic in his face. But wouldn't it be sweet to see a miracle comeback by the Thunder, leaving the 2011-12 Heat to be remembered as the biggest chokers ever? Hey, one can dream, right?

After a day of trying to avoid all the media slobbering over lebron comparing his leg cramp to Jordan's flu, it was nice to see this article. At least some non-Cavs fans out there can see still through his BS:

NHL Players Mock LeBron James’ Leg Cramps Via Twitter During Game 4 Of NBA Finals « CBS Boston

OSTON (CBS) — There may be no tougher group of athletes on the planet than hockey players. They regularly block 90 mph shots without so much as grimacing, they are happy when a high stick causes them to bleed so that their teams will get extra power-play time, they lose teeth and don’t miss a shift, and they play through serious injuries in their quest for winning a Stanley Cup.

So when it comes to toughness, hockey players can’t really be questioned. And if they want to have a little fun at the expense of an NBA player being praised for playing through some leg cramps? Well, they’ve kind of earned that right, too.

That NBA player was LeBron James on Tuesday night. The Heat superstar went down in the fourth quarter with leg cramps. At first, he was able to stay in the game, hitting a one-handed bank shot before nailing a crucial 3-pointer minutes later. It wasn’t exactly a Willis Reed moment, but given that he’s the biggest basketball star on the planet, LeBron was receiving a healthy amount of praise for playing through the pain.

But color some NHL players unimpressed.

Thanks to the miracle of Twitter, we were able to see some of their thoughts as they were happening.

“Lebron James is embarrassing himself and the NBA or actually all athletes,” tweeted Ryan Potulny, a forward in the Washington Capitals system.

“I wonder what kind of face LeBron would make if he took a slapper off the laces?” wondered former Bruin and current Jet Blake Wheeler.

“We get it Lebron, it doesn’t hurt when you’re running around but it looks unbearable when the cameras are close up during the timeouts,” wrote Nick Bonino, former BU player and current Anaheim Duck.

“What a gutsy performance by lebron #not” wrote Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski.

“Oh my god guys, Lebron has a cramp, everyone get on their feet, standing O for somehow staying in the game,” wrote Scott Valentine of the Milwaukee Admirals, the AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators, before sarcastically adding, “If Lebron somehow manages to pull off winning a ring after fighting through a thigh cramp.. it will be a story I tell my children’s children.”

Taylor Hall, the No. 1 pick of the 2010 NHL Draft, didn’t take a shot directly at LeBron, but rather at the whole sport.

“So much flopping going on.. Wondering what these bball players would do if they got a skate in the face haha,” wrote Hall, who himself received a cut on his face that required 30 stitches this season.

NHL players weren’t the only athletes taking shots at LeBron, as Jordan Lewis, an Australian Rules Football player, thought the injury ought to have been serious, considering the way James was acting.

“Anyone heard what Lebron’s injury was??” he tweeted. “I’m tipping Torn hamstring, ACL or dislocated knee cap by the way he was carrying on!!”

Meh Lebron doesn't even know who they are to begin with lol.

Damn you people are going TOO HARD in these rec league/IM games.

Shit Torn ACLs and Ligaments ? DAMN

No insurance means my team is only getting 30% effort, 45% at most :chuckles:

Nobody even watches NHL.

It's funny that no one watches the NHL... and yet they still pull down the same revenue as the NBA? Sounds like I should get my hands in that business model. Generating money with out any consumers. The NHL must be doing something right.

Revenue (Billions per year)

NFL $11
MLB $7
NBA $3.8
NHL $3.3
MLS $0.28

Major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spewing out unsubstantiated opinions about something just because you don't like it makes you sound ignorant. Extremely ignorant.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."