• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Welcome Dion Waiters

As much as I'd like to trust the Cavs braintrust, do you realy use the #4 pick in the entire draft to select a guy who couldn't crack his college team's starting lineup???
Does this need debunking for the 100th time?

It all comes down to last year.. hate to jump off the TT bandwagon I've been on all year but we should have gone Valanciunas.. and drafted TRob this year.

I literally haven't been this bummed ever. I can't welcome him.

I literally haven't been this bummed ever.

Really?

So you're more bummed now than you were for any of the times we've lost in the postseason those 5/6 years?!

I'm pretty dissapointed in terms of value. The very clear best player on the board was Robinson, and when you have a team as thin as the Cavaliers are, especially amongst bigs ...you clearly take the player that is far and away the highest value on the board. Value is value ...it eventually, if needed, can be moved for equal value down the road. But, Waiters is pretty much what we know him to be ...a pure scorer. I see a backcourt of Waiters and Irving really giving our bigs fits down the road because they will have trouble keeping their opposition in front of them, and in Waiters, they could easily shott over him as well. He's not a good defender, even at the college level. So, I can't come out of this feeling very good at all, sorry to say. Waiters will score, but not sure he's a guy that turns points into victories. To me, Dajuan Wagner with three inches more on him...
No offense, but these are baseless assumptions

1. He improved immensely on the defensive side of the ball from his freshman to sophomore year. He has quick hands and was their best perimeter defender when he wanted to be. He has the strength and size to be a very good defender. Additionally, they played a zone.

2. So you're saying the one guy, who was clearly the best guard in the Big East and played for the best team in college ball for a while, won't help translate points to wins? You do know why Boheim made him the 6th man, right?

It all comes down to last year.. hate to jump off the TT bandwagon I've been on all year but we should have gone Valanciunas.. and drafted TRob this year.

That going to be a tough one to swallow if either TRob or JV blow up. Oh well we drafted TT and we have to live with it.

That being said this team needs scoring with Jamison leaving. Even with jamison we had no one other then Irving who could score. Waiters can not only put it up and create his own shot, he can hit the open jumper, and he passes the ball well for an explosive scorer

Really?

So you're more bummed now than you were for any of the times we've lost in the postseason those 5/6 years?!

I did not go to every game last year, suffer through all of these terrible shots and play, for fucking Dion Waiters. Sorry.

I did not go to every game last year, suffer through all of these terrible shots and play, for fucking Dion Waiters. Sorry.
Tell me, what don;t you like about Waiters? Is it because his name isn't Brad Beal or MKG? Other than stupid reasons, reasons the Cavs could not control, perhaps shed some light as to why you hate the pick?

Tell me, what don;t you like about Waiters? Is it because his name isn't Brad Beal or MKG? Other than stupid reasons, reasons the Cavs could not control, perhaps shed some light as to why you hate the pick?

At 4!? Really? My dad being a Syracuse fan, i watched him numerous times. NEVER did he stand out. Ever. And we drafted him at 4? Jesus.

Last edited:

I love the Zeller pick- that was as solid a move as they could have made.

All I have to do is trust Grant knows more than I do but I'm not happy tonight with the Waiters pick. I didn't like him when I saw him as a pick for Toronto in the mocks and I certainly don't like him at 4. I hope to hell he pans out.

At 4!? Really? My dad being a Syracuse fan, i watch him numerous times. NEVER did he stand out. Ever. And we drafted him at 4? Jesus.
Thanks for the write up. That's some A+ scouting.

Media perception of players is just that, media perception. Teams do their own big boards and rank the players THEY like in the order they want to. Dion Waiters by all accounts is a very good scorer/shooter with potential to be good on defense. After Beal, Waiters was pretty much the best fit for our Princeton offense with the potential to be a star. MKG and Beal were gone. For us it was either take Barnes or Robinson or take the guy they actually wanted. Maybe they could have traded down but you risk the payer you want to not be there.

If you want to complain a little complain about taking Tyler Zeller and Kelena Azibuke's jello knee for #24, #33 and #34. That was a head scratcher IMO.

Watch and learn (hit mute because it's an Eminem song)

[video=youtube;iPWOJrXJeqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPWOJrXJeqg&feature=fvwrel[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."