• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Farewell Tyler White Diamonds Zeller

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's your favorite Zeller Nickname?

• Albino Wino

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Boney White

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Cracker Jack

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Ivory Tower

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • Snuggle Bear

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Stay Puft

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Vanilla Gorilla, 2.0

Votes: 44 21.0%

• Total voters

hud11

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Personally, I think this is a great pick him and TT are going to run opposing big men to death. Zeller isn't a franchise, all-star Center, but he's going to be solid for a long time. He can knock down jumpers and rebounds well, very solid fit with Thompson. I think he can be a consistent 12/8 guy as a starting center. There aren't too many of those around right now. Great pick.

Re: 17th Pick - Tyler Zeller

I think he is much better on the offensive side of the ball then he is given credit for in terms of low post scoring and shooting from mid-range. He has a nice baby hook, a nice turnaround hook, and a soft touch shooting the ball. He is noted as a hustler (possible Andy replacement?) and an excellent offensive rebounder and also gets to the line fairly often where he is a very, very good shooter for a big. Getting him at 17 was a steal, a little sad the FO had to give up both 2nd rounders though, but you can't predict people falling like they did. Got a projected 8-12 player at 17 and a center that can fit with TT on the floor offensively.

I think giving up three picks was too much. But I watched a lot of ACC games this year, and he is an EXTREMELY polished offensive player. Sort of reminds me of Pau Gasol.

I think giving up three picks was too much. But I watched a lot of ACC games this year, and he is an EXTREMELY polished offensive player. Sort of reminds me of Pau Gasol.

We didn't give up 3 picks we gave up 2 second round picks and exchanged 1st round picks so we can stop talking about that.

Someone better get some food in him.

I don't give a damn about those picks. Only guy I really wanted with those picks rather than Zeller was MAYBE Quincy Miller. The rest were undersized big men with problems playing against NBA bigs. Instead, we got a legit 7 footer who can run the floor, finish on the break, and play solid help side defense. He's also pretty good down low and can hit a jumper. He won't be Kareem, but he'll be a very solid NBA center for many many years.

Kind of reminds me a little of a bigger version of Brad Miller. With obviously less range.

The impression I got of him in the few UNC games I watched was that he's a total stiff. I hope I'm wrong.

Someone better get some food in him.

tyler-zeller.jpg

I guess I'd feel a whole lot better about both picks if Grant and co had worked out either one of these guys... I dunno, once leading up to the draft.

We didn't give up 3 picks we gave up 2 second round picks and exchanged 1st round picks so we can stop talking about that.

There were three picks we had and we traded them for Zeller. Regardless of what you want to call that, I'm not sure it was worth it.

Good player though and I think he was undervalued at #17. He will be productive immediately and will be a decade-plus double-digit scorer, imo.

Getting Zeller without having to lose Andy will be huge. Zeller has mobility but not athletic vertically, who better to learn how to defend positionally than the wild thing? He can come in and be a rotational big straight away, play from the high post as he shoots well from the foul line. If next year the cavs are in the lotto again (likely) they can go big and not worry about stepping on his toes as hes a smart guy who will understand his role.

Most of the 2nd rounders the cavs might want they will be able to bring in as Undrafted guys. Lots of the undrafted guys will be fighting to get to our camp as they know we have roster space, opportunity and the ability to develop players. Gee is like a calling card for that

There were three picks we had and we traded them for Zeller. Regardless of what you want to call that, I'm not sure it was worth it.

Good player though and I think he was undervalued at #17. He will be productive immediately and will be a decade-plus double-digit scorer, imo.

We were never going to go into next season with 4 rookies. That's team suicide.

A very solid player.

That actually describes the team I feel like the Cavaliers are building. Very solid. Nothing special, but very watchable.

His release is insanely quick on that over-the-shoulder hook. And at his height it will translate well to the NBA. There are not going to be many players who can block it.

i for one am excited to have a big goofy lookin white guy i can yell "ZZZZeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" at when he shoots the ball

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."