• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

C.J. Miles signs with Cavs ($2M/year, 2nd year is team option)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I.K.W.T

All-Star
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Cavs meeting with free agent SF C.J. Miles (Jazz) Weds &amp; Thurs, source says. Not close to deal with Alonzo Gee, may consider other options.</p>&mdash; Sam The Bullshit Whisperer (@SamAmicoFSO) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/227961335441408000" data-datetime="2012-07-25T02:59:52+00:00">July 25, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not a bad replacement. Had a bit of a down year last year, but has shown flashes. Thoughts?

re: C.J. Miles reportedly will sign with Cavs (2 years)

To be honest, I'd rather have Miles. He's been a pretty good player in Utah and has had to deal with a sort of clogging of wings over there. OKC signed him to an offer sheet in 08 so all you Presti lovers should like that. I'm also curious as to what Alonzo Gee is looking for?? Landry Fields money is pretty steep. With the move the Wolves made today, it wouldn't surprise me to see Kahn make a move for him...Lastly, we have matching rights, so unless Gee goes overseas he is basically at the mercy of our FO.

I like that we are bringing him in but I hope we would bring back Gee too.

By tomorrow we should have a Lloyd report that any rumor of a meeting between the Cavs and Miles has no truth in it.

He's 25. Had 9.1 PPG on 38 percent shooting last year. For 2010-11 he had 12.8 PPG on 41% shooting.

Would be a solid addition to our young core of players (25 yrs) we are keeping for the long haul.

He's a bench player, shot less than 40% from field last year and 32% from 3pt. Not a starter, might put pressure on Gee though, who all of a sudden is starting to annoy me

I had thought Miles was a player the Cavs should have been targeting anyway. I don't see why they can't both sign Miles and re-sign Gee. There are still holes on the wing as far as depth. Don't think you can 100% count on Azubuike making it back all the way either.

He's 25. Had 9.1 PPG on 38 percent shooting last year. For 2010-11 he had 12.8 PPG on 41% shooting.

Precisely. An inefficient offensive player who doesn't rebound or play defense. Let's hope this is just to prod Gee along to signing. There are no more Landry Fields type offers out there.

He's streaky on offense, but there is certainly some talent there. He tries on defense and has solid length. I was talking him up as a sign-and-trade possibility last year at this time, before the unfortunate Casspi thing happened.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hje28F-IhLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I personally would rather have Miles than Gee.

Precisely. An inefficient offensive player who doesn't rebound or play defense. Let's hope this is just to prod Gee along to signing. There are no more Landry Fields type offers out there.

In other words he's not very good.

Better than Casspi.

[video=youtube;j_-4XMVWokA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_-4XMVWokA[/video]

I dont think it matters who plays SF this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Sanders back. IMO I think SF is the Cavs next target in the draft. As far as I am concerned the Cavs can tank or under perform this year to get a higher pick next year. One more high pick is needed IMO. I think patience is the operative word. I would rather have Gee back as I think he has some upside and he is a solid pro now, but I don't see Gee or Miles as the long term solution, though Gee has the potential to be a solid pro.

There is a reason we are meeting with him and that it was known in public from day one.... we are trying to gain some leverage with Gee... We want him back, but his price is too high for the cavs. They are trying to knock down that price by talking to other free agents.. if they don't lower it, then we might go a different route... but this is all a chess match right now. Cavs made a move, now its Alonzo's agents turn...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."