• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

C.J. Miles signs with Cavs ($2M/year, 2nd year is team option)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
re: C.J. Miles reportedly will sign with Cavs (2 years)

I thought Miles was a good defender...

Nice depth.

Better than Casspi.

[video=youtube;dTwQuMUEQqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTwQuMUEQqs&feature=related[/video]

Bonuses:

1. Marketing to new demographic.

2. Easy way to unload Cavaliers sweatpants to a high-demand audience.

3. New "dance craze" based on smooth moves on the court.

4. Alternate uniform design - Actual throwbacks.

Hope we don't sign him. Guy is a marginal bench player. Very inefficient offensive player. Regressed last season. Would much rather bring Gee back. Better #'s plus he improved 10000x as a player last season compared to Miles getting worse.

Don't like it. We should be giving Brandon Rush an offer sheet IMO. Not sure if Warriors would match (Barnes and Thompson on the wings along with Dorell Wright + anyone else I can't think of off the top of my head).

Hope we don't sign him. Guy is a marginal bench player. Very inefficient offensive player. Regressed last season. Would much rather bring Gee back. Better #'s plus he improved 10000x as a player last season compared to Miles getting worse.
Seven years in the league and regressed the last 3 seasons, especially in shooting percentages:
2009-2010 - .429 fg% and .341 3p%
2010-2011 - .407 fg% and .322 3p%
2011-2012 - .381 fg% and .307 3p%.

Just for reference, Casspi, who is younger and has been only 3 years in the league, had all better percentages in both categories in these 3 seasons and is a much better rebounder.

This isn't even a lateral move; this is a step back.

I hope Gee doesn't overvalue himself too much and just signs a Cavs deal. The way things look at the moment, he will be the starter here and improve his value, especially with Kyrie at his side.

I see this as a way of getting gee to pull his finger out and sign so they can start training with him. Miles is not that bad a player and better than some of our options off the bench. At cleveland he would be able to carve out a niche so i can see him being receptive to a small deal

Eh, seems like a filler guy or whatever. Don't see whats better than him over Gee. If we need some depth, fine, but hard to get too excited about it.

Eh, seems like a filler guy or whatever. Don't see whats better than him over Gee. If we need some depth, fine, but hard to get too excited about it.

We still have Casspi On this roster as a back up To Gee or Miles so I do not care who the Cavs get here as long as it keeps Casspi with as little playing time as possible.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>CJ Miles is a guy that I think could flourish playing in Byron Scott's offense. Scrappy defender too.</p>&mdash; realcavsfans.com (@realcavsfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/realcavsfans/status/219437802612461569" data-datetime="2012-07-01T14:30:23+00:00">July 1, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like shots fired at the Gee camp.

I thought meeting with the cavs next week meant he was gonna sign with the Nets or the wolves before next week.

The Leuer pickup was cute. Miles would actually have an impact, so count me in.

Considering we have no depth at the 2, I see us potentially signing both players. Scott likes interchangeable pieces, so having two wings that can play the 2 or 3 would make for some nice depth. Miles seems to be a low risk, medium reward player at this point.

Seven years in the league and regressed the last 3 seasons, especially in shooting percentages:
2009-2010 - .429 fg% and .341 3p%
2010-2011 - .407 fg% and .322 3p%
2011-2012 - .381 fg% and .307 3p%.

Just for reference, Casspi, who is younger and has been only 3 years in the league, had all better percentages in both categories in these 3 seasons and is a much better rebounder.

This isn't even a lateral move; this is a step back.

I hope Gee doesn't overvalue himself too much and just signs a Cavs deal. The way things look at the moment, he will be the starter here and improve his value, especially with Kyrie at his side.

Those regressions match his effectiveness playing with a quality point guard. Is he regressing, or did he suffer from Deron Williams leaving? Did he stop making jump shots, or did he stop getting open looks from Devin Harris and Earl Watson?

Ok. People on here are driving me crazy. There keeps being some model which no free agent fits that we are creating? From Bynum to CJ Freakin Miles to Batum.

Someone has to play on the team. Maybe state what you believe the cavs should pursuing or be doing/ how it fits in terms of wining in the long run. And who ideally (if they exist should be playing).

If not at least state what is wrong with the acquisition and what is better. At some point someone has to play. Seems like everyone is hedging so they can say "see I said Bynum would make us worse, or look we are paying CJ Miles x and he sucks". There has been little to no intelligent conversation about anyone not named Kyrie, T2 and Z2, Andy, Or their Waiter. They are not going to be winning a championship. And someone else is going to be wearing the wine and gold whether you like it or not.

Edit: Sorry "winning" not wining

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."