• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Four Team Deal Sends Howard to Lakers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Three-Way ORL/LAL/Cavs Rumor

Houston just needs to back the fuck up, Bynum is ours for the taking. Just sign Lamb and be happy with your young core. This bitch it going back to the main forum rather soon I'd guess :chuckles: Something is brewing and I sure hope it has to do with the Cavs. We have so many picks we can send Orlando and we have a shitload of cap space. That extra pick we acquired today is another small piece to the Bynum puzzle perhaps.

Houston just needs to back the fuck up, Bynum is ours for the taking. Just sign Lamb and be happy with your young core. This bitch it going back to the main forum rather soon I'd guess :chuckles: Something is brewing and I sure hope it has to do with the Cavs. We have so many picks we can send Orlando and we have a shitload of cap space. That extra pick we acquired today is another small piece to the Bynum puzzle perhaps.

you make a good point.

cavs do have 12 picks in the next couple of years.

But Hennigan is a dumbass he is trying to play poker with the big boys. Hennigan is only 30yo.

He wants the same package that denver got for melo and I don't think that can happen.

and where there is smoke there is usually fire (dwight's insider just may have a lead already on new talks)

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports

Hey @KevinDing DM me, I need to speak with you, sir. Very important

fyI Ding is a Lakers Reporter

I don't think it has anything to do with that (yet). Rudolph is pissed because ESPN basically stole his story without crediting Rudolph and RealGM. And they have done the same thing in the past to Kevin Ding (LA reporter), which someone else informed him about earlier tonight.

Rudolph has since followed up with complaint tweets (if that is what they are called) to ESPN. I doubt he'll get anywhere...

Last edited:

you make a good point.

cavs do have 12 picks in the next couple of years.

But Hennigan is a dumbass he is trying to play poker with the big boys. Hennigan is only 30yo.

He wants the same package that denver got for melo and I don't think that can happen.

Chris Grant is 40. Sam Presti was hired at the age of 30. Masai Ujiri, the Nuggets GM who pulled off the heist for Melo, is 42. Not really sure what age has to do with this at all.

What leverage does Orlando have now? Only chance is Houston and Cavs outbidding each other for Bynum. I mean Orlando trades him to LA now, or he walks to Dallas. I do not think Orlando wants to deal with the Nets, as they have no way of taking on bad contracts. Plus, imagin the shit he gets for ruining lottery position. DH was right, he needed to make this move early before FA signings could occur. I don't know what's worse, DH or how Orlando played this.

To be honest, I think Cavs/Lakers/Magic has the best chance for Orlando to shed ALL of its bad contracts and still get picks and a valuable prospect in TT. Yeah Orlando can give Donatas, Lamb, etc but I still feel that their reduced cap space due to Lin/Asik being signed will hurt them. I think Orlando's best option is to tank and get TONS of cap space, which is easier to achieve in the deal I put together (and presumably any other Cavs offer).

Dwight Howard will have a new team by the end of the Olympics. You heard it here first.

Dwight Howard will have a new team by the end of the Olympics. You heard it here first.

So basically what you are saying is Dwight Howard will be on a new team by the end of the summer. Pretty bold statement....

So basically what you are saying is Dwight Howard will be on a new team by the end of the summer. Pretty bold statement....

I'm glad pyro is on my ignore list.

Anyway, doesn't Orlando know that the sooner they let go of Howard (season wise), the sooner they get a #1 draft pick.

here come the demands
5m Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: Dwight Howard tells Magic he wants trade to Los Angeles Lakers in short-term, Brooklyn Nets in longer. Dwight Howard's plan to sign with Dallas next summer makes trade from Orlando problematic - Yahoo! Sports

Dwight Howard's plan to sign with Dallas next summer makes trade from Orlando problematic

5 hours ago

As appealing trade scenarios for his franchise player shrink, Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan's mission of beginning to build trust with All-Star center Dwight Howard was met with an unmistakable response in a Wednesday meeting: Howard continues to rule out a future with the Magic, and wants a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers before the start of the season, sources told Yahoo! Sports

"Dwight remained unchanged in his want to be traded," a source with knowledge of the meeting said. "And he has no intention of signing another contract extension with Orlando."

Dwight Howard remains steadfast in his demand to be traded to the Lakers. Without a deal that would deliver him to the Lakers in the near future, sources said Howard wants Henningan to revisit trade talks with the Brooklyn Nets in January, when center Brook Lopez is eligible to be traded. If deals don't surface with the Lakers or Nets, Howard plans to sign with the Dallas Mavericks as a free agent in the summer of 2013.

While the Lakers and Nets won't have the salary cap space to sign Howard, nor the opportunity to execute a sign-and-trade deal under new CBA rules, the Mavericks will be flush with cap space next summer. Mavs owner Mark Cuban plans to make a run at Howard, and potentially another star player, to join Dirk Nowitzki.

For Howard, that threat continues to make it difficult for Orlando to attract trade suitors willing to unload valuable assets for a superstar likely to be a rental player for only several months. Despite the Houston Rockets' determination to trade for Howard and convince him to stay long term, Howard's camp has repeatedly warned Houston owner Les Alexander and GM Daryl Morey that they will lose Howard to rival Dallas in free agency next July, sources said.

Hennigan and Orlando assistant Scott Perry flew to Los Angeles on Wednesday and met with Howard and his representatives for about two hours. When told that the Magic had tried to honor his desire to be moved, Howard probed Hennigan on why the GM hadn't accepted deals that could've sent him to the Nets or Lakers before those teams used valuable trade assets to acquire Joe Johnson and Steve Nash respectively.

Hennigan has insisted that no proposed deal has been satisfactory and the franchise has shown some willingness to take its time to see what offers develop. Nevertheless the rental market for Howard is lean and the Lakers used two first-round picks in the sign-and-trade deal for Nash. The Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston are willing to be third-team trade partners for the Magic and Lakers in deals that would send them All-Star center Andrew Bynum.

Last edited:

Proof the Lakers were just trying to send a message to Orlando

The agent for Andrew Bynum refuted comments made by Mitch Kupchak that the Lakers have engaged in contract negotiations with his client.

"We talk all the time, but we've never had a conversation about an extension," Lee said of his dialogue with Kupchak. "(We haven't talked) about anything of any substance regarding next year or the following year or the following year."

Bynum is unlikely to agree to an extension with a new team this summer, sources with knowledge of the player’s thinking confirmed Wednesday.

The Lakers have not granted the Cavaliers, Rockets, or Magic permission to speak directly with Bynum or his representatives.

Read more: Agent Bynum Has Not Been Approached About Extension With Lakers - RealGM Wiretap

Btw Expect J-rich not to be a Laker if a deal is agreed to in this Dwight saga. Reason is because he fucked Nashs wife and Steve Nash has no respect for the guy anymore. Lakers have also made it clear they don't want J rich

.......Bynum is unlikely to agree to an extension with a new team this summer, sources with knowledge of the player’s thinking confirmed Wednesday.

The Lakers have not granted the Cavaliers, Rockets, or Magic permission to speak directly with Bynum or his representatives.

THat makes no sense to me. Since the lakers need a third team to be involved why wouldn't they let those teams get a feel for whether or not they can resign Bynum. I realize no deal is close but both Houston and Cleveland will have to talk to Bynum at some point. If Grant talks to Bynum and comes away with the sense he will never resign with the Cavs then Grant can confidently walk away knowing he did his due diligence.

.......Bynum is unlikely to agree to an extension with a new team this summer, sources with knowledge of the player’s thinking confirmed Wednesday.

THat makes no sense to me. Since the lakers need a third team to be involved why wouldn't they let those teams get a feel for whether or not they can resign Bynum. I realize no deal is close but both Houston and Cleveland will have to talk to Bynum at some point. If Grant talks to Bynum and comes away with the sense he will never resign with the Cavs then Grant can confidently walk away knowing he did his due diligence.

Bynum is a free agent next year. The lakers arent going to let anyone speak to him unless a trade is completely in place.

Bynum is a free agent next year. The lakers arent going to let anyone speak to him unless a trade is completely in place.

what conversation is there to be had?

cavs/rockets: we'll offer you a max deal whenever you want it. will you sign it?

there are no negotiations in this deal. either bynum says he'll sign a max deal next summer or he won't. bynum knows the exact contract he gets from a team with his bird rights and a team without.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."