• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

MLB - Trade Rumors and Speculation

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Eww. James Shields is overrated as hell. Aside from last year, his ERAs have been: 4.84, 3.85, 3.56, 4.14, 5.18, 4.39. Now don't get me wrong, I'd take that over some of the slop we're putting out there now *here's lookin' at you Derek Lowe* but I wouldn't give up the farm to get him. At least his contract is reasonable though.

I've always liked james sheilds a lot and i think he'd be quietly a great pick up, similar to the doug fister trade. He's got good command of all of his pitches, (8.5 K9/ 2.7 BB9) has a nack for winning big games, and is on pace to pitch 200+ innings for the 6th straight year. I can't see him costing a whole hell of a lot either. Im for it.

Shields has been very inconsistant performance wise throughout his career, but he's taking the ball every fifth day and will be under team control for a couple years.

What that would mean, however, is that they would be adding the same caliber of minor league free agents and past their prime veterans to fill other holes given that Shields would be filling the cap spot left by Hafner after this year.

Not so sure I trust his ability to be consistent anymore than I trust Hafner to stay healthy.

Shields has been very inconsistant performance wise throughout his career, but he's taking the ball every fifth day and will be under team control for a couple years.

What that would mean, however, is that they would be adding the same caliber of minor league free agents and past their prime veterans to fill other holes given that Shields would be filling the cap spot left by Hafner after this year.

Not so sure I trust his ability to be consistent anymore than I trust Hafner to stay healthy.

I agree with you to an extent... making 9 and 12 mil in 2013/2014 (team options 1.5/1 m buyout) but i'd love his arm in the rotation and if he comes cheap enough i don't see how you can pass that up

Shields is that Charles Nagy type veteran who knows how to pitch, and I respect the hell out of that.

But if they want an ace's return for him, I want no part of it. Much like the Marlins and their demand for Josh Johnson, if it's getting ridiculous...move on.

I think the market has evened out, with some big names coming off the board already teams can be more active not waiting around.

FWIW, I expect Dempster to be a Dodger by Saturday night.

Shields is that Charles Nagy type veteran who knows how to pitch, and I respect the hell out of that.

But if they want an ace's return for him, I want no part of it. Much like the Marlins and their demand for Josh Johnson, if it's getting ridiculous...move on.

I think the market has evened out, with some big names coming off the board already teams can be more active not waiting around.

FWIW, I expect Dempster to be a Dodger by Saturday night.

With what sheilds is owed the next two years compared to his production, i don't think the rays can ask for much more than a couple of decent prospects. If its more than that then you decline.

Josh Johnson would be very nice but not what the marlins are asking for.

He might suck, b00bie. And yes, he has had more than 11 ABs in the Major Leagues.

However, that wasn't WellYouNeednt's point. He said they gave LaPorta another chance. They didn't. So, false statement. Because 11 ABs is not "another chance." Deny this and you lose all credibility. Admit that he did not have another chance. I won't even argue that LaPorta sucks because odds are he still does.

I do apologize for the joking sarcasm CM. I was not very descriptive within my posts about LaPorta. All in all is 11 abs a quality sample size to make an educated decision on a prospect? Absolutely not. It would appear we are agreeing on this matter. On the other hand, in a situation with a player like Laporta-i feel like he has gotten every opportunity to show his stuff (last year in bigs, minors, brief glimpse this year). Sadly, [in my opinion] he has not shown anything to warrant an extended stay. This is more so with Kotchman's glove already at first. Do I wish he was a better and more consistent player? Absolutely. Right at this moment im leaning towards the conclusion that he is not/never will be-unless he can smooth out his all around game.

Once again, my post was more on the playful side. FWIW, I respect a lot of the opinions of the posters in the Indians threads, including yours.

@TJZuppe: Scout from the #Pirates in the house tonight. Just speculating here, but may be here to get a close look at #Indians OF Shin-Soo Choo
@TJZuppe: Pirates were a team that were linked to possibly having interest in Choo if became available. #Indians would need blown away to deal him IMO

We want young retainable pitching...they have it.

Last edited:
Although Santana's numbers are horrid, hes essentially costing them a prorated 11.2mm this year and 1mm next year (buy out)... getting bourjos and conger seems like a home-run deal for a guy thats 30 years old having a mediocre season and owed 24mm over the next 2 years. I want no part of Sheilds for that kind of package.

I would fucking love to trade with Pittsburgh.

Their system is loaded with guys I love.

Bats? Pitchers?

Mostly hard throwing pitchers, but there are some bats too.

I would give a lot to get Allie.

Edit: Must have been out of the loop for a while, I guess Allie is being made into a hitter? SMH.

Uhh...right.

Are you thinking of Taillon?

I would fucking love to trade with Pittsburgh.

Their system is loaded with guys I love.

I really like Josh Bell, you think he will recover from knee surgery?

Seemed like 5 tool player before he got hurt.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."