• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Doomsday Thread: Are you preparing?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maximus

BANNED
Reaction score
I brought this up in another thread...a request was to start a discussion on it.

Maximus said:
I have a friend who is a prepper. He has a basement full of supplies, generator, water purifier, etc, in the event of economic collapse or the grid going down for a month...or longer. He also has a lot of weapons. He has them for self-defense. If the grid were to go down for a significant period of time, there will be lawlessness and utter chaos. If a pack of goons sees that his house has power from generators, he says they're probably going to want to see what else he has...he wants to keep them out. If no one ever bothers him, he's no threat to them. He just wants to be able to defend his family, home and survive.

Maximus said:
He's far from crazy. He's not sitting in a bunker with a helmet on and a gun in his hands waiting for the end of the world. He's just got extra water, food, medicine and supplies to last a few months....and weapons to guard it. He's a very successful and very intelligent guy. He realizes that there are people out there thinking of ways to sabotage our power grid and water supply. He realizes that it wouldn't take much to collapse our economy...we're in VERY bad shape. He also knows that hackers and weapons are getting smarter and more sophisticated.

An Electromagnetic Pulse would knock us back to the 1800's...it's probably the biggest threat to America that no one wants to talk about. It may come from a solar storm, a high altitide bomb detonated above the middle of the country or from a Chinese sattelite. An EMP would fry all electronics, cars wouldn't drive, no internet...nothing at all that requires our grid would function anymore. Let that sink in...

Wall Street Journal said:
No American would necessarily die in the initial attack, but what comes next is potentially catastrophic. The pulse would wipe out most electronics and telecommunications, including the power grid. Millions could die for want of modern medical care or even of starvation since farmers wouldn't be able to harvest crops and distributors wouldn't be able to get food to supermarkets. Commissioner Lowell Wood calls EMP attack a "giant continental time machine" that would move us back more than a century in technology to the late 1800s.

Crazy is acting like you're never going to have a major interuption in your power or have to survive a disaster for a few weeks or months. It's not a matter of if, but when, for some readers on this board...maybe even all of us. So I dont see the harm or craziness in preparing.

Maybe this needs its own thread...

Maximus Shrugged

So...are you worried about this shit? Is yes, what the hell is you plan post EMP, biological outbreak, zombie attack?

Discuss...

Last edited:
Max is, and always will be, one of my favorite posters. Thanks for all your fine contributions over the years. RCF wouldn't be where it is today without you.

I thought Max was banned why is he closing Jigos threads?

I thought Max was banned why is he closing Jigos threads?

I have one thing to say, and I think it answers this among many other questions:

Oh whooooaa oh. Oh whoooaaa ohhh a whooa.

We'll cross that bridge when we don't come to it.

Don't ban my guns? How's that for starters...

On the zombie topic...being in Florida, my wife and I have discussed heading to the coast with some friends, getting to a marina and finding the largest yachts we can find. I figure, there's no type of zombie that can swim and you can be as close or as far from the shore as you'd like. The key is that you'd have to fill up on gas at times just as you would with a car, so there would be points where you'd need to go on shore.

Assuming you can get to the coast, gather the right supplies, and sustain...this seems to be a solid plan.

On the zombie topic...being in Florida, my wife and I have discussed heading to the coast with some friends, getting to a marina and finding the largest yachts we can find. I figure, there's no type of zombie that can swim and you can be as close or as far from the shore as you'd like. The key is that you'd have to fill up on gas at times just as you would with a car, so there would be points where you'd need to go on shore.

Assuming you can get to the coast, gather the right supplies, and sustain...this seems to be a solid plan.

Until Pirates come and steal everything you have and leave you for the sharks to feed on.

Im still holding out for a midget zombie apocolypse.

My brother and I had planned to hijack a boat and sail to Molokai.. There's very few people out there, whom could be most likely subdued, no military presence, and natural wildlife including deer. It's the place to be come the apocalypse; assuming it's not a nuclear holocaust, in which case it'd be a terrible place to be.

I plan on recruiting the zombies and making myself the warlord of Zombie Nation.

The only thing more annoying then people talking about the Zombie apocalypse is people thinking they would survive the zombie apocalypse and "their plain".

I think a realistic doomsday would be a power outage. Only it doesn't last a few hours, It last a few years. We are surrounded by items that use electricity. Name me a thing that doesn't need to be plugged into something that can help you survive (minus a gun)

The only thing more annoying then people talking about the Zombie apocalypse is people thinking they would survive the zombie apocalypse and "their plain".

I think a realistic doomsday would be a power outage. Only it doesn't last a few hours, It last a few years. We are surrounded by items that use electricity. Name me a thing that doesn't need to be plugged into something that can help you survive (minus a gun)

noble-medieval.gif

Cunt.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."