• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012-13 Cavs Preseason Schedule

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huber.

Adrninistrator
Reaction score
Cavaliers Announce 2012-13 Preseason Schedule

CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Cavaliers will play a seven-game preseason schedule in preparation for the 2012-13 NBA regular season. Cavalier fans throughout the region will be able to see the team in person as the Cavaliers will play three games at Quicken Loans Arena during the preseason, in addition to hosting neutral site games in Cincinnati and Canton.

Cleveland will open the preseason at Quicken Loans Arena versus Italian basketball powerhouse Montepaschi Siena of the Euroleague on Monday, Oct. 8 at 7:00 p.m. The Cavaliers will then head to the Canton Memorial Civic Center, home of their exclusively owned and operated NBA Development League affiliate, the Canton Charge, to take on the Milwaukee Bucks the following night on Tuesday, October 9 at 7:00 p.m.

The Cavs will also travel to Champaign, Illinois for a game against the Chicago Bulls at Assembly Hall, home of the Fighting Illini of the University of Illinois, on Friday, Oct. 12 at 7:00 p.m. before returning to The Q to play the Washington Wizards on Saturday, October 13 at 7:30 p.m. Cleveland will close their regional tour with a matchup against the Orlando Magic in Cincinnati at US Bank Arena on Monday, Oct. 15 at 7:00 p.m.

Cleveland will make their final road trip of the preseason when they head to Philadelphia where the Cavs will meet the 76ers on Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 7:00 p.m. The Cavs preseason finale brings them back to Quicken Loans Arena on Tuesday, Oct. 23 for a contest against the Indiana Pacers at 7:00 p.m.

All preseason games will be broadcast live on the Cavaliers’ Radio Flagship WTAM 1100 AM. For ticket information for each of the Cavaliers’ games at The Q, please log onto to cavs.com or call 1-800-820-CAVS. For the Cavaliers-Bucks preseason game in Canton, fans can log onto THE OFFICIAL WEB SITE OF THE NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE: CANTON CHARGE or call 1-866-444-1944 for ticket information. Tickets for the Cavaliers’ game in Cincinnati go on sale Monday, Aug. 6 and can be purchased by logging onto U.S. Bank Arena - Home or calling 1-800-745-3000.

G9H9F.jpg

I always liked how the NBA does preseason games outside of their home town. Will be cool to see the Bulls and Cavs in Assembly Hall. I would have liked to see one in Toledo like the Pistons did two years ago. It would be smart of them to try to win over Toledo rather than Cincinnati given the proximity of Toledo.

Last edited:
Cavaliers Announce 2012-13 Preseason Schedule

G9H9F.jpg

I always liked how the NBA does preseason games outside of their home town. Will be cool to see the Bulls and Cavs in Assembly Hall. I would have liked to see one in Toledo like the Pistons did two years ago. It would be smart of them to try to win over Toledo rather than Cincinnati given the proximity of Toledo.

I like the choice of UIUC...reminiscent of when Da Bears played at their field.

Toledo has a split of Cleveland and Detroit fans in every sport, which seems to vary on how each team is doing. Cincy people tend to either not care about the NBA or root against the Cavs, it seems.

Toledo has a split of Cleveland and Detroit fans in every sport, which seems to vary on how each team is doing. Cincy people tend to either not care about the NBA or root against the Cavs, it seems.

Exactly. I can't see many people from Cincy driving 4 hours to see the Cavs. They need to focus on Toledo.

Yeah it seems so, albeit weird.

I for one am stoked at being able to see the Cavs live w/o having to drive 4 hours... Even though it's pre-season!

When do these go on sale? Tryna get a good seat for the Cincy one.

Never mind answered my own question lol

Tickets for the Cavaliers’ game in Cincinnati go on sale Monday, Aug. 6 and can be purchased by logging onto U.S. Bank Arena - Home or calling 1-800-745-3000.

I'm really excited about the game in Canton.

I'm glad the Cavs aren't half assed about their D-league team in Canton, I love how they're actually using them & the city well.

Exactly. I can't see many people from Cincy driving 4 hours to see the Cavs. They need to focus on Toledo.

Huge Cavs fan from Toledo and would love to see the Cavs come into town for a preseason game. That Pistons game they had a couple years back was promoted like crazy and a big draw from what I remember. I really think they could grow the Toledo fan base big time and steal away some Detroit people we have here in this city, most of whom think Brandon Knight is basically better than Michael Jordan and will lead them to multiple championships. :chuckles:

Yeah it seems so, albeit weird.

I for one am stoked at being able to see the Cavs live w/o having to drive 4 hours... Even though it's pre-season!

I would suggest going to a Pacers game. Only about an hour and a half away.

Back to the original point, the Cavs have played at US Bank arena previously. There is quite a large Cleveland fam base here as there are quite a few transplants from Cleveland/Columbus. I have a feeling the Cavs do this to reward us a bit. Plus cincinnati doesn't have a basketball market, so perhaps they want is transplants to get others interested? I don't really care. I go because its cheap seats to watch the Cavs up close and personal.

Going to school in Toledo, there's definitely more Detroit fan locals than Cleveland fans.

If you're around the university than you may find more Cleveland fans as students, but permanent residents favor Detroit. I think it'd be smart to play in Toledo though.

Definitely going to try to go the game in Canton. It'll be pretty beast to see Kyrie playing a few blocks away from my house. :D

Of these 7 games, how many will be televised on NBATV or otherwise? Can't find it anywhere online.. Thanks

Is anyone willing to hook those up that aren't able to make the games? I'd like to watch the games that are streamed...anyone do that here?

The season should start already:mad: I hate this time of the year, not a baseball or NFL fan... guess I gotta survive by watching german soccer league :rolleyes:

The season should start already:mad: I hate this time of the year, not a baseball or NFL fan... guess I gotta survive by watching german soccer league :rolleyes:

Lunen, does that make you a Borussia Dortmund fan? My team (Ajax) will have a hard time in the Champions League this year.

Yes, I wish NBA season would get started.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."