• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Halo 4 - November 6th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston RZ34

Cleveland Born and Raised
Reaction score
Anybody hype for this at all? - So far it's looking pretty damned good.

Gameplay = The Fighting is like a mix between Halo 2 and CoD... you don't die in one shot like Duty but you don't last nearly as long as you do in any other Halo game. A good *2 or 3* shots and you're outta there. Don't come across two or more enemy players - Instant Death. The movement is like Reach and it has the features of the CoD Series - Weapon switching and reloading looks to be a lot faster as well.

i.e. If you were calling Halo: Reach "Call of Halo" or "Halo of Duty" you're *REALLY* about to throw a fit now.

Graphics = Some of the best I've ever seen on 360, The lighting effects alone are SICK but, everything looks more "tame" and "realistic"

Sound = Now a really low and subdued theme plays in the background and EVERYTHING sounds *VERY* mechanical - It seems to be more of the experience as well, to get the most of it you'll need to crank your speakers up so you'll hear everything and when there is a minute left in a match it starts to get overdramatic and has music playing......don't know if I like that at all.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/halo-4-specializations-will-change-halo-multiplayer-forever

[video=youtube_share;_ir6PG-qG44]http://youtu.be/_ir6PG-qG44[/video]

[video=youtube_share;pcQWCGpcPAo]http://youtu.be/pcQWCGpcPAo[/video]

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Okay so here goes my late night insomnia rant on the Halo franchise..

I've played this franchise for 10 years now and it's sad to see what it's becoming. Halo 1 and 2 were amazing because they stuck to a simple recipe; design balanced maps, excellent starting weapons (pistol, BR), and the ability to outclass your opponent with solid teamwork and pure skill. I believe Halo 2 is the closest thing we'll ever see to multiplayer perfection in an FPS. Legendary maps and the BR; if someone gets first shot on you, you have the ability to overcome it and 4 shot them with skilled strafing and aim.

With the launch of H2 in 2005 there was this burgeoning amazing competitive community as Halo 1 had really paved the way with tournaments like 50K, AGP, and the birth of MLG. In the days of Halo 1 and 2 it was a bit of an underground community. Xbox was still a new platform and couldn't hold a candle to playstation and nintendo platforms in terms of sales. Halo 3 was still an excellent game in its own right but you could start to see it going in a different direction as the franchise was now a huge hit and the need for mass appeal was evident.

Halo Reach was a downright sell-out move in my opinion. Bungie saw the majority of mainstream gamers flocking to the CODs, Battlefields, etc. and just had to cash in. Sadly, Halo 4 seems to be continuing down that path. From everything I've read and watched it's just filled with all sorts of gimmicky crap that convolutes gameplay and makes it accessible to any newb that picks up a controller. Microsoft is trying to do something that can't be done; steal away sales from the COD franchise with similar features while trying to maintain a semblance of it's former glory with some traditional aspects peppered in. This game will not generate $ for MLG, competitive purists will not buy into it.

This game will still sell a ton. It will be played by the masses. But the competitive intangibles of the earlier titles are all but lost. The only thing that guys like me can hope for is that the rumors of a Halo 2 remake are true and it gets updated and re-released. Otherwise, like Metallica cutting their hair, or #6 taking his talents to southbeach, this franchise has forgot where it came from and is all but dead to me. /END RANT.

I played Halo on the original xbox and PC all the time. Played in the CAL tournaments online and I even played one CPL with some friends down in Texas for money. Didn't win but it was a lot of fun meeting guys I'd be playing with and against online. Even PUGs were fun back then.

I was really disappointed in Halo 2, so much so that I didn't play in even an online league, and 3 I checked out and gave to my brother after a few days. I never played any of them after that. Sounds like this one is even worse :(

I still have a promotional video from one of my online league teams from Halo 1 that makes me nostalgic every time I watch it. No game has done that for me since.

I don't take games nearly as seriously as others. Looking forward to this, I'll play it.

Why would anyone buy a console that charges for multiplayer? That still blows my mind.

Why would anyone buy a console that charges for multiplayer? That still blows my mind.

Because it has Halo.

Anyways, I'll defiantly be buying this in the holiday season. Too bad there's like four games coming out that I want, with Assassins Creed III, Black Ops II, Halo 4, and NBA 2K13

My Rankings for the Halo games:

1. Halo 2
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo 1
4. Halo 3

I don't really like what I have been reading about Halo 4. I also hate armor lock, camo, etc. in Reach, but love the "Slayer Pro" gametypes where you can only use sprint. Online in Halo 2 I was a 37 in Team Slayer, was a 50 in Halo 3, and top 20% Onyx in Reach. I love Halo because of it's competitiveness, if I wanted to play something like CoD or BF3, then I would play those games; I'm really hoping they don't change it up too much. I'll probably be sticking to NBA 2k13 this year.

Last edited:
Rankings:

1: Halo 1

2: Halo 2

3: Halo 3

4: Halo Reach

*EDIT*- I gotta be honest: After watching 2 hours of Halo 4 pre-release vids... I want to play this game so bad. Very bad. Borderlands 2 is cool but the playtime with a multiplayer game like Halo is limitless...

Last edited:
Okay so here goes my late night insomnia rant on the Halo franchise..

I've played this franchise for 10 years now and it's sad to see what it's becoming. Halo 1 and 2 were amazing because they stuck to a simple recipe; design balanced maps, excellent starting weapons (pistol, BR), and the ability to outclass your opponent with solid teamwork and pure skill. I believe Halo 2 is the closest thing we'll ever see to multiplayer perfection in an FPS. Legendary maps and the BR; if someone gets first shot on you, you have the ability to overcome it and 4 shot them with skilled strafing and aim.

With the launch of H2 in 2005 there was this burgeoning amazing competitive community as Halo 1 had really paved the way with tournaments like 50K, AGP, and the birth of MLG. In the days of Halo 1 and 2 it was a bit of an underground community. Xbox was still a new platform and couldn't hold a candle to playstation and nintendo platforms in terms of sales. Halo 3 was still an excellent game in its own right but you could start to see it going in a different direction as the franchise was now a huge hit and the need for mass appeal was evident.

Halo Reach was a downright sell-out move in my opinion. Bungie saw the majority of mainstream gamers flocking to the CODs, Battlefields, etc. and just had to cash in. Sadly, Halo 4 seems to be continuing down that path. From everything I've read and watched it's just filled with all sorts of gimmicky crap that convolutes gameplay and makes it accessible to any newb that picks up a controller. Microsoft is trying to do something that can't be done; steal away sales from the COD franchise with similar features while trying to maintain a semblance of it's former glory with some traditional aspects peppered in. This game will not generate $ for MLG, competitive purists will not buy into it.

This game will still sell a ton. It will be played by the masses. But the competitive intangibles of the earlier titles are all but lost. The only thing that guys like me can hope for is that the rumors of a Halo 2 remake are true and it gets updated and re-released. Otherwise, like Metallica cutting their hair, or #6 taking his talents to southbeach, this franchise has forgot where it came from and is all but dead to me. /END RANT.

Crazy story brotha... Right before I scrolled down to your paragraph I was watching the videos the OP posted, and while I was doing so I was thinking about the sad path that Halo had taken from the good ole days of Halo 2 until now. The crazy part of the story is that as I started scrolling down and reading your post, I realized it nearly mirrored my thoughts from 30 seconds before...

Sadly, everything you said is true... Halo sold out to appeal to the masses, but lost the true Halo lovers along the way. I can't blame them too much, as it will always be about the money, but it's still disappointing to see a game that I loved as a kid just sell out like that.

Of course, I will still be buying the game. :chuckles:

Just ordered it. Eh, not a big Halo guy these days but I'm gonna give it a whirl. I'm late to the party so I won't be fucking you bitches up online until Thursday.

Just ordered it. Eh, not a big Halo guy these days but I'm gonna give it a whirl. I'm late to the party so I won't be fucking you bitches up online until Thursday.

:chuckles:

So this means you'll play about 2 games of it with me then never touch the game again, like you did with Gears?

Was gonna pick it up, but now I'm probably going to wait until around January or February.

I've picked up Just Cause 2, NBA 2K13, and Assassin's Creed III in the past month and a half, and I've got Black Ops II coming next week.

This game is sick as fuck.

The Chief is back my friends.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."