• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012-13 Cavs Preseason Schedule

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Lunen, does that make you a Borussia Dortmund fan? My team (Ajax) will have a hard time in the Champions League this year.

Yes, I wish NBA season would get started.

Yes, as a kid I was a big fan of them, but not that much interested in soccer nowadays... only rarely watching games

One month till preseason arghh, should pass the time with playing more ball on the court, but I got too lazy :(

Of these 7 games, how many will be televised on NBATV or otherwise? Can't find it anywhere online.. Thanks

Generally speaking, very few (and sometimes none) of the preseason games are broadcast on TV. And they are not part of the NBA League Pass program (which starts the first day of the regular season). The Cavs preseason press release (http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/preseason_schedule_120801.html) only lists radio broadcasts on 1100. If anything changes, I'm sure it will be announced, but the NBA has not made a big point of broadcasting in the preseason.

Generally speaking, very few (and sometimes none) of the preseason games are broadcast on TV. And they are not part of the NBA League Pass program (which starts the first day of the regular season). The Cavs preseason press release (http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/preseason_schedule_120801.html) only lists radio broadcasts on 1100. If anything changes, I'm sure it will be announced, but the NBA has not made a big point of broadcasting in the preseason.

I swear I remember watching Kyrie last year in the preseason against the Pistons. Am I right?

I swear I remember watching Kyrie last year in the preseason against the Pistons. Am I right?

As far as I know, preseason broadcasts vary by team. Yes, both preseason games were shown last year (but there were only two preseason games last year, it was after the lockout, and the games were both hosted by NBA arenas). NBA TV also broadcasts some games each year, and it looks like they're making an international push this time around: http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

It's possible some other Cavs preseason games will be televised, but FSO hasn't announced their plans yet. Streams may depend on the plans of other teams' broadcasters.

Last edited:
If you subscribe to DirecTv, they carry all the feeds from all the various cable sports channels and you may be able to watch the Cavs via their opponent's feed.

This is not necessarily directed just for the preseason, but also the entire season.

For someone that lives in a faraway state 500 miles away, how would they go about watching the Cavs on their favorite broadcast, Fox Sports Ohio? I like to see all the possible options. I live in Orlando and I absolutely hate every opponents broadcast.

This is not necessarily directed just for the preseason, but also the entire season.

For someone that lives in a faraway state 500 miles away, how would they go about watching the Cavs on their favorite broadcast, Fox Sports Ohio? I like to see all the possible options. I live in Orlando and I absolutely hate every opponents broadcast.

I'm not sure whether league pass broadband will let you choose the feed this season, so again, the best answer might be DirecTv's NBA League Pass. Before I switched to FIOS, I would just record the games directly from the FSNOH to make sure I got the home feed.

I thought Directv had a package that allows you to get all the Fox Sports Local channels. I could be wrong, but I've been with direct for about 12 years now and could have swore they had something like that in one of their packages.

Jon, you live in Virginia or West Virginia, right? Despite the blackout rule, how are you able to watch the Cavaliers on Fox Sports Ohio?

Can you guys come on and chip in too? I absolutely can't stand opposing networks!

And also, how much does DirecTV cost? I do have a limit you know.

Let's hope Dion can get in shape for these games. I can deal with him sweating bacon grease in the summer league but he had better get his ass in gear.

Jon, you live in Virginia or West Virginia, right? Despite the blackout rule, how are you able to watch the Cavaliers on Fox Sports Ohio?

Can you guys come on and chip in too? I absolutely can't stand opposing networks!

And also, how much does DirecTV cost? I do have a limit you know.

The way around the blackout on DirectTv is to subscribe to NBA league pass. That gets you the sport package that permits you to view all the FSN channels and the rights to watch the basketball games when they air them.

As for cost, it costs a lot. I've actually dropped DirecTv and moved to FIOS triple play to consolidate and reduce my bills - but their league pass package sucks. They don't carry the FSN channels, and only have a 1 or 2 HD channels each night compared to DirecTv who had the vast majority of games in HD.

At some point I would think the NBA broadband package would give you the choice of feed, but don't know when they'll get their act together.

DirecTv's NBA package is not bad (IIRC, ~$160 for the season). A steal compared to football (there's ways to get a better deal on that package :cool:). You don't have to get the Sports Pack (giving you the country's FSN offering). Without the Sports Pack, you'll miss the Pre-Game stuff, as it starts at the beginning of the game for Season Pass). I usually just get both for the NBA season. Then cancel the Sports Pack.

I remember when they played at the University of Pitt during Lebron's last year. Good times.

Alright I've been thinking about it.

If you do get say a cable program with the Fox Sports Ohio on it, can you get league pass through broadband or do you have to get it for the TV? The reason I'm asking is because I use the five team choice league Pass broadband.

Alright I've been thinking about it.

If you do get say a cable program with the Fox Sports Ohio on it, can you get league pass through broadband or do you have to get it for the TV? The reason I'm asking is because I use the five team choice league Pass broadband.

If you get league pass for TV, then you'll also be allowed to use broadband and mobile but not visa-versa.

So you could get the DirecTv sports pack and watch FSNOH, but it will cut off the moment the game starts if you don't subscribe to NBA-LP.

Your cheapest option right now (if your internet connection doesn't suck) is probably to get the 5-team broadband package, and then pickup a Roku or Apple TV or something that can stream it to your TV. The problem then, is that these options have not always been reliable and have a tendency to ruin the score if you're not watching the game in real-time.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."