• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ohio Bobcats Discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

davedugan43

Jarrett Allen's Friend
Reaction score
If there can be an Akron Zips discussion, considering they are Cleveland Indians level bad, than there sure as hell can be an Ohio Bobcats thread.

Ohio 24, Penn State 14
Ohio 51, New Mexico State 24

Ohio 27, Marshall 24
Ohio 44, Norfolk State 10

Ohio 37, Massachusetts 34

Ohio vs. Buffalo
Ohio vs. Akron
Ohio @ Miami
Ohio vs. Eastern Michigan
Ohio vs. Bowling Green
Ohio @ Ball State
Ohio @ Kent State

Check back to the OP for official results. So, fellow Bobcats, do we have a chance at undefeated this year, because, quite frankly, I think we do. Dangerous games vs. Buffalo, vs. Bowling Green, and at Miami, but I think we could pull them out. If the Bobcats go 12-0, is that BCS worthy, considering Penn State is really the only notable win?

Last edited:
I'm no Bobcat, but I root for OU. I don't see you guys going undefeated. But if you do, you'll probably make the BCS.

Which is more likely: OU goes undefeated or PSU goes defeated?

I'm rooting for you Bobkittens.

I have no problems if we fux with West Virginia, Oklahoma, LSU, or whoever in the Fiesta Bowl :king:

If there can be an Akron Zips discussion, considering they are Cleveland Indians level bad, than there sure as hell can be an Ohio Bobcats thread.

Ohio 24, Penn State 14
Ohio 51, New Mexico State 24

Ohio @ Marshall
Ohio vs. Norfolk State
Ohio @ UMass
Ohio vs. Buffalo
Ohio vs. Akron
Ohio @ Miami
Ohio vs. Eastern Michigan
Ohio vs. Bowling Green
Ohio @ Ball State
Ohio @ Kent State

Check back to the OP for official results. So, fellow Bobcats, do we have a chance at undefeated this year, because, quite frankly, I think we do. Dangerous games vs. Buffalo, vs. Bowling Green, and at Miami, but I think we could pull them out. If the Bobcats go 12-0, is that BCS worthy, considering Penn State is really the only notable win?

Unless things have really changed since I graduated, BG should be a breeze for you. We were really, really bad. Granted I haven't kept up with them much since I graduated, I did watch us almost upset Florida.

If Ohio doesn't run the table, it will be on the biggest colossal failures in the history of the MAC conference and Ohio football. They will never get a chance like this ever again, they have to capitalize on it. I am def rooting for them as well. I hope they do it, I love seeing the MAC conference do well.

@Miami should be the only tough game left. Miami's QB is no joke.

That said, even if we do go undefeated, there's a zero percent chance we'll play in a BCS game.

If any team runs the table and goes undefeated, they should definetley be in the BCS.....Ohio U has a pretty good shot at going undefeated

I don't know how good Marshall is this year but they will be fired up after the beating they took at Peden last year.

If any team runs the table and goes undefeated, they should definetley be in the BCS.....Ohio U has a pretty good shot at going undefeated

That's nice in theory, but that schedule is an absolute joke. Frankly it would be embarrassing if they didn't run the table. No, it shouldn't earn them a BCS game.

That's nice in theory, but that schedule is an absolute joke. Frankly it would be embarrassing if they didn't run the table. No, it shouldn't earn them a BCS game.

Boise State had a joke schedule every year, and they were in many a Fiesta Bowl.

Boise State had a joke schedule every year, and they were in many a Fiesta Bowl.

They also either played solid AQ teams (Oregon State, Oregon, VT, Georgia) and won... and then they blew out all their lesser competition. I mean blow outs.

Beating the bottom feeder of the B1G by 10 is not going to sway a lot of voters. So unless you put on some serious routs... it probably isn't going to happen. Don't forget... you have to be ranked 12th or better to get into the BCS. If you just win all your games with that schedule... you'll end up in the 10-15 range most likely. And even then the voters may push you to the 13th spot just to avoid having you in a BCS game.

I'm not saying this to bash OU. Is it fair? Not really. But that's just the way of things.

The other thing you have to remember is that they are only forced to take 1 Non-AQ team in the BCS. Currently Boise has more votes than you. I'd even argue that their 13-10 loss against Michigan State is going to be viewed better than the OU Penn State win at the end of the season.

Not to mention Boise plays BYU, which is a tougher opponent by far than anything on OU's schedule. If Boise runs the table from here on out... OU will be left out in the cold.

Last edited:
Should go undefeated with that joke of a schedule, and there is no way OU makes a BCS Bowl.

Let's not turn this into a bash OU thread.

OU has a solid team. They would be extremely competitive against a majority of AQ teams. And that is quite an accomplishment considering the "talent" disparity between AQ teams and mid-majors. Unfortunately the schedule didn't pan out for them to showcase their talent to the fullest.

And that isn't OU's fault. Not many high profile programs want to play against teams like OU or UC. It's a lose-lose for them. High profile programs want to schedule shlubs they know they can beat instead of lesser opponents that will put up a solid fight.

Regardless of schedule... being undefeated is a tremendous accomplishment. And every OU alumn should be proud whether that results in a BCS game or not.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."