• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fantasy Basketball Thread!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

theshowstoppah

on a rampage
Reaction score
Now that Yahoo! drafts have started, thought it was about time to get one of these up...

Thought I would get in an early draft because there were some late steals I didn't want Yahoo! fixing.

Uncle Drew, first pick overall, (Round in parentheses) -

PG: Ricky Rubio (8) Pre-Rank 120-ish behind Jason Kidd? Steal.
PG: Austin Rivers (13) Should see a lot of run in the 1 and 2 guard spot in NO.
SG: Eric Gordon (6) Was a second-rounder last year. Just needs to stay healthy.
SG: Wesley Matthews (7) Tremendous value in the seventh.
G: Iman Shumpert (14) No Lin and J.Kidd now at the helm? Should see some run.
SF: Kevin Durant (1) Fuck you LeBron.
SF: Danny Granger (3)
PF: Serge Ibaka (2)
PF: David Lee (5) Tore it up after Monta left.
F: Wilson Chandler (10)
C: Channing Frye (11) This guy always falls to me, I always pick him, and he's always a center who finishes top 50 and makes a millon 3's.
C: DeAndre Jordan (9)
UTIL: Dion Waiters (12) My only Cav and one I criticized highly in the draft thread. Fuck me.
UTIL: DJ Augustin (16) Plays for Pacers now minus Collison so should see run.
Bench: Jamal Crawford (15)
B: Zaza Pachulia (17)
B: Steve Novak (18)

Interesting/cool lineup setup so I decided to give it a try. Thin bench but max acquisitions per week are allowed which is key for basketball since at the end of the season people don't play.

Thoughts/Steals/Busts/Anything/Draft Evaluation/In-Season team help... Bring it on.

I just don't understand a draft this early in the season. I mean training camp has not even started. If it is a free league I guess who cares, but if there was money involved can't be a very serious league.

Drafting anytime before the last week or so before the season just baffles me as well.

How's my team....standard ESPN league 10 teams 3rd pick overall

Kevin Love
Demarcus Cousins
Tony Parker
Dion Waiters
Tyreke Evans
Klay Thompson
Anthony Davis
Demar Derozan
Tristan Thompson
Chris Kaman
Kawhi Leonard
James Harden
Jonas V

How's my team....standard ESPN league 10 teams 3rd pick overall

Kevin Love
Demarcus Cousins
Tony Parker
Dion Waiters
Tyreke Evans
Klay Thompson
Anthony Davis
Demar Derozan
Tristan Thompson
Chris Kaman
Kawhi Leonard
James Harden
Jonas V

-Klay Thompson should have a HUGE year filling in for Monta.
-Big Three in San Antonio is aging and Pop loves Leonard. Finished 59th in Yahoo! last season and pre-ranked this year at 130?!?!
-Anthony Davis should perform at a high level this season and will become the number one option once Eric Gordon most assuredly gets injured (guess who picked him last year).

Dislike:
-Not a big fan or trusting of Evans especially after he stayed healthy last year.

Slight Dislike:
-Unproven big men (I expect a good year from TT and Kaman as he's still a starter. But if not, watch out.)

Honestly you have a good end-of-the year team. One understated thing in fantasy basketball is who plays at the end of the year when many teams rest their stars at the end. You have a lot of young players that even the bad teams that they are on will want to develop and play at the end of the year. Only people I see this happening to are Parker and Kaman.

Fantasy basketball is really underrated and I wished more people played it.

-Not too long and you get disinterested like baseball but not too short to where you can't come back like football
-Week-long scoring format > One game in one week dice roll like football
-Team-building point categories > One game mash-up

Obviously opinion-based but fantasy basketball is my favorite and I'm stoked for this season. Had a rough season last year due to poor trades (Dirk and Rubio for Millsap and Eric Gordon THEN Millsap and Tyson Chandler for Steph Curry. Yeah. That happened.) but I wanna regain my Bay Area based league championship.

I have one opening in a keeper league.

Huber is in this league (or else there are 2 huber's in this world that I have met through random channels).

I have no clue what the previous team looks like though to be honest. So you would be picking semi blind.

Just shoot me a PM if you want to join up.

7 teams are filled out of 10 & 2 invites are still waiting to be accepted, so I might be able to take as many as 3 new managers..But no guarantees.

Now that Yahoo! drafts have started, thought it was about time to get one of these up...

Thought I would get in an early draft because there were some late steals I didn't want Yahoo! fixing.

Uncle Drew, first pick overall, (Round in parentheses) -

PG: Ricky Rubio (8) Pre-Rank 120-ish behind Jason Kidd? Steal.
PG: Austin Rivers (13) Should see a lot of run in the 1 and 2 guard spot in NO.
SG: Eric Gordon (6) Was a second-rounder last year. Just needs to stay healthy.
SG: Wesley Matthews (7) Tremendous value in the seventh.
G: Iman Shumpert (14) No Lin and J.Kidd now at the helm? Should see some run.
SF: Kevin Durant (1) Fuck you LeBron.
SF: Danny Granger (3)
PF: Serge Ibaka (2)
PF: David Lee (5) Tore it up after Monta left.
F: Wilson Chandler (10)
C: Channing Frye (11) This guy always falls to me, I always pick him, and he's always a center who finishes top 50 and makes a millon 3's.
C: DeAndre Jordan (9)
UTIL: Dion Waiters (12) My only Cav and one I criticized highly in the draft thread. Fuck me.
UTIL: DJ Augustin (16) Plays for Pacers now minus Collison so should see run.
Bench: Jamal Crawford (15)
B: Zaza Pachulia (17)
B: Steve Novak (18)

Interesting/cool lineup setup so I decided to give it a try. Thin bench but max acquisitions per week are allowed which is key for basketball since at the end of the season people don't play.

Thoughts/Steals/Busts/Anything/Draft Evaluation/In-Season team help... Bring it on.

Wait a minute..I am the first pick overall...but what is my lineup? I am totally lost here...

Rubio may not even play this year..

Channing Frye out with enlarged heart ?

Rubio may not even play this year..

Channing Frye out with enlarged heart ?

Rubio is supposed to be out until Christmas and no later than the start of January. He's still the PG of a high-powered offense and was top-50 last year before he got hurt.

Just read about Frye and dropped him for Rip Hamilton who should produce in scoring cats with D-Rose out IF he can stay healthy. That sucks though love shooting bigs and Frye always over-produces in rankings compared to where Yahoo! ranks him.

So Kevin Love, my #1 pick is out for a month and a half

Hate my life

In a 10 team league 5th overall pick:

Russel Westbrook PG
Klay Thompson SG
Paul George SF
Demarcus Cousins PF
Nikola Pekovic C
Goran Dragic PG
George Hill PG/SG
Thaddeus Young SF/PF
Anderson Varejao PF/C