• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2013 NFL Draft thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JMcCurry08

All-Star
Reaction score
Since we've been bombarding the week 2 thread with draft talk, thought we might as well start up the draft thread. Although i think it's too early to determine if we need a quarterback or not. I think heading into the draft right now, i think we should be looking at the guard positons. I think Pinkston and Luvavo (sorry if it's a spelling error) are some of the worst in the league at the position. They're relying on Thomas, Mack, and Schwartz too much. Here are the top guards right now according to NFLdraftscout.com

Chance Warmack, 6-2, 322 Alabama
Barrett Jones, 6-4, 305, Alabama
Jonathan Cooper, 6-3, 310, North Carolina
Travis Frederick, 6-4, 338, Wisconsin
Larry Warford, 6-3, 343, Kentucky

I don't agree with your assessment that Pinkston and Lauvao are terrible. I think finding a starting level guard in the 3rd round or so is the way to go if we need a guard in the off season rather that getting him in the top of the draft.

I think they still need a WR, they need more secondary help, they need linebackers, they need another pass rusher or 2. This is of course assuming they don't need a QB, which I don't think they will.

Thank you for making this. I was sick of all the Barkley talk in the game threads.

EJ Manuel.

I still have faith in Weed-man tho.

If we are looking at QB's...
Tyler Wilson.
[video=youtube;q5-CieEqe-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5-CieEqe-Y[/video]
Geno Smith is intriguing as well
[video=youtube;qvrXu9Fsvpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvrXu9Fsvpk[/video]

Since we've been bombarding the week 2 thread with draft talk, thought we might as well start up the draft thread. Although i think it's too early to determine if we need a quarterback or not. I think heading into the draft right now, i think we should be looking at the guard positons. I think Pinkston and Luvavo (sorry if it's a spelling error) are some of the worst in the league at the position. They're relying on Thomas, Mack, and Schwartz too much. Here are the top guards right now according to NFLdraftscout.com

Am I able to join in, even if not a Browns fan?

Getting guard depth is good, but it takes an offensive line about 3 years to gel. My guess is the guards will be looking much better by the end of the season. The biggest holes for the Browns are (IMO) at LB, WR, S, CB and TE, in that order. It will be interesting to see what we have in JMJ, because that could change things a bit.

CB has to be upgraded. We could also use a DE and LB. Even with Haden, Brown will need to be replaced.

CB needs to get healthy and off the restricted list.

Can't believe the amount of people blaming the 3rd, 4th, and 5th string corners for not defending one of the best WR corps in the NFL.

What we do need is a Trent Richardson style playmaker on defense and another WR.

Can't believe the amount of people blaming the 3rd, 4th, and 5th string corners for not defending one of the best WR corps in the NFL.

What we do need is a Trent Richardson style playmaker on defense and another WR.

Little and MoMass looked good today and Benjamin looks to have some explosiveness. I'm not sold nor am I giving up on Gordon but he has the body and speed of a good NFL receiver and made some nice catches in the preseason. I hope he pans out but if he hasn't improved by the end of the season then I wouldn't mind taking a WR in the 3rd.

Best defensive player available unless there's a WR right there that is absolutely studly.

Best defensive player available unless there's a WR right there that is absolutely studly.

Pretty much this. Unless we are forced to go QB or there is a bonafide number 1 WR I want to bolster the defense. Someone like Aldon Smith or Von Miller. One of those elite defenders who completely changes the complexion of a defense. If you could find one of these guys at LB that would be huge, I'd also love if it is a DE who can play across from Sheard.

We need a Patrick Willis or Haden-esque CB, ball hawking Safety. Or a fearsome pass rushing DE opposite Sheard. Whichever one screams 10x Pro Bowler take that guy.

God watching the 49ers defense is beautiful. If you can get 11 guys that tackle and play fearlessly you can dominate the most powerful of offenses. The Lions ball carriers look scared to take hits from the 49er D. They flinch like an abused house wife.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."