• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NHL Lockout Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-players-still-not-talking-082212530--nhl.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- The best that can be said about back-to-back days of negotiations between the NHL and the locked out players' association is that the sides are still talking and making more plans to meet yet again.

While core economic issues still weren't on the agenda Saturday when the opposing groups got together again at the NHL office, dialogue continued on secondary topics that will ultimately go toward forming a new collective bargaining agreement.

Very close to losing another season here...

The only hockey I've ever really followed it the Blue Jackets, but since they're like the worst team in the league, the NHL gets almost no attention from me.

Still hope they can resolve this lockout though.

I heard it took them 2 weeks to even decide on a meeting time to talk about it. Having 2 lockouts in less than 10 years is embarrassing.

I might be a hockey fan if there was a team I could root for. I watched a lot of college hockey when I went to BG, but I had a team. The only team that really makes sense for me to root for is the Blue Jackets, but they're terribad. I can't bring myself to just root for a random team and I can't bring myself to get into a new sport when the "local" team is the worst in the league.

I decided to root for the Buffalo Sabres this upcoming season. Whenever that season starts.

I decided to root for the Buffalo Sabres this upcoming season. Whenever that season starts.

You pick that out of a hat? Or did mommy buy you a Buffalo Sabres shirt she found at Dick's on the clearance rack?

I put all the teams in the league into a randomizer, and picked the team that came out first.

Yeah, this fucking sucks not having the NHL...but atleast we have our basketball! Was looking forward to seeing how the minor leaguers (Brendan Smith, Gustav Nyquist) would do in a full season..

frustration is building up over here. i felt it when i walked into school the day after the news lol

frustration is building up over here. i felt it when i walked into school the day after the news lol

You Canadians sure take that sport serious it seems like. I watched the last game of the Stanley Cup last season. That's literally the only time the NHL gets any attention from me.

That's because that's the only time the NHL is on TV...

Not where I am.

Jackets games are on all of the time. Just don't care to watch.

I didn't know there was an NHL lockout... Ok I did know that there was a lockout, but I just don't care. Hockey is boring, and I haven't watched a non finals game in years.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."