• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Remaining Notable Free Agents

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
With Training Camp already underway, and the first tip of the season in less than a month, there are still a few rather notable names still out there that the Cavs could potentially look into.

Guards

Gilbert Arenas - 6'4'' - Age: 30
Leandro Barbosa - 6'3" - Age: 29 - (Signed by Boston)
Mike Bibby - 6'2'' - Age: 34
Earl Boykins - 5'5" - Age: 36
Derrick Byars - 6'7'' - Age: 28
Baron Davis - 6'3'' - Age: 33
Derek Fisher - 6'1'' - Age: 38
Lester Hudson - 6'3'' - Age: 28
Michael Redd - 6'6'' - Age: 33

Forwards

Brian Cardinal - 6'8" - Age: 35
Mo Evans - 6'5'' - Age: 33
Ryan Gomes - 6'7'' - Age: 30
Josh Howard - 6'7'' - Age: 32
Juwan Howard - 6'9'' - Age: 39
Kenyon Martin - 6'9" - Age: 34
Tracy McGrady - 6'8'' - Age: 33
Troy Murphy - 6'11'' - Age: 32
Mickael Pietrus - 6'6'' - Age: 30
Bobby Simmons - 6'6" - Age: 32

Centers

Solomon Alabi - 7'1'' - Age: 24 - (Signed with New Orleans)
Chris Andersen - 6'10'' - Age: 34
Tony Battie - 6'1'' - Age: 36
Erick Dampier - 6'11'' - Age: 37
Ben Wallace - 6'9'' - Age: 38

The only players I'm personally interested in are Solomon Alabi, Michael Redd, Derek Fisher, and Lester Hudson.

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised Arenas is available. I know he's 30 but if he stays healthy, he could still be one of the best guards in the league

maybe Redd could be our next Wes Person

What about Donte Green is he signed? 6 11 small forward 24. Might be a nice fit for the cavs.

What about Donte Green is he signed? 6 11 small forward 24. Might be a nice fit for the cavs.

He's someone I always thought could be something good if put in the right situation. I could be wrong, but I think he's currently injured, but was last offered a spot in the Brooklyn Nets camp when he gets healthy enough to compete.

He's someone I always thought could be something good if put in the right situation. I could be wrong, but I think he's currently injured, but was last offered a spot in the Brooklyn Nets camp when he gets healthy enough to compete.

I've watched a lot of Donte Greene in Sacramento.

I'll start by saying that despite Casspi's clashes with Paul Westphal, Casspi had more minutes and starts than Greene and beat him statistically in most categories (and I'm talking per 36 minutes stats here).

Green showes flashes of potential that make you drool over him, but he never shows signs of consistency. A likable, easy-going and often smiling person, he just doesn't take basketball serious enough and thinks that effort comes in maximum three minute bursts at a game. One ofseason he heard that he needed more bulk to be able to shit to PF. He came back to camp with 20 lbs of weight (no muscles). He admitted to having had a diet of fat food and it took him 20 games into the season to get into shape.

Greene always struck me as a guy seeking the highlights reel, instead of making the simple, better play. He's in love with his outside shot even though it isn't that good. Great athletic ability, but he doesn't know how to utilize it due to not quite average BB IQ and a subpar feel for the game, aside from the lack of effort.

Even if the realization sinks in that he needs to work much harder, I doubt he will be able to put it together enough to be a solid rotation player.

I'm surprised a lot of these guys are still unsigned actually...

On October 1, 2012, Solomon signed with the New Orleans Hornets

Umm Allen Iverson...

[video=youtube;5vZUDvap8EM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vZUDvap8EM[/video]

Still cant understand why Rasheed Wallace is in the league but AI isnt

I too am surprised some of these guys aren't on someone's roster... I'm not just talking the Cavs... but anyone's. They've gotta be better than some on the end of someone's bench....

That list is only notable if we have a time machine.

Quite a few players will be cut soon. Wonder if the Cavs are looking?

Not sure why, but I could see Ben Wallace signing with the Heat for the vet min.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."