• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

James Harden rejects OKC Offer / *Traded* to Rockets

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Birdy89

Banned
Reaction score
Harden is eligible for 4 years, and $60 million on the open market as a free agent after this season.

OKC is in a tough spot. I think if he is dead set on a max deal you see if you can meet in the middle at 4 years $56 million, and if he won't sign for less than the max and you know as an organization you aren't willing to go there you have to move him.

If you know he won't sign less than a max deal, then there is no point in keeping him around all season to have his contract situation be a distraction, as well as the fact he walks for nothing at the end of the year.

They are in win now mode and have a legit shot at a title, but this thing could fester all season if not taken care of. I am not sure what I would do because it is a tough tough spot to be in this close to title contention.

The economics of 3 max deals and Ibaka's $10 million don't really work either for that market so I am not sure what there options are.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....own-52m-extension-offer-from-thunder/related/

Last edited:
Re: James Harden rejects 4 year/ $52 Million OKC Offer

I would REALLY hope the Cavaliers make a pitch for Harden, that would be HUGE. Waiters can be like Harden is now in OKC..play off the bench, no?

I don't think Harden is worth 15 million a year.

I wouldn't pay it.

Harden is eligible for 4 years, and $60 million on the open market as a free agent after this season.

OKC is in a tough spot. I think if he is dead set on a max deal you see if you can meet in the middle at 4 years $56 million, and if he won't sign for less than the max and you know as an organization you aren't willing to go there you have to move him.

If you know he won't sign less than a max deal, then there is no point in keeping him around all season to have his contract situation be a distraction, as well as the fact he walks for nothing at the end of the year.

They are in win now mode and have a legit shot at a title, but this thing could fester all season if not taken care of. I am not sure what I would do because it is a tough tough spot to be in this close to title contention.

The economics of 3 max deals and Ibaka's $10 million don't really work either for that market so I am not sure what there options are.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....own-52m-extension-offer-from-thunder/related/

So, they would choose to move him over paying him an extra million over the 4 years?

So, they would choose to move him over paying him an extra million over the 4 years?

I don't know what the deal is with them. If he is obstinate about getting $60 and you just won't do it what are the other options? To me it seems ridiculous to move him over a $1 million a year, but I am not an owner.

I just know this has the potential to be a huge distraction for them this year and they know what they are willing to do financially so I would figure it out sooner than later.

Holy shit. I would have expected this but damn it's still surprising.

Harden wants that max. Cleveland one of the few teams that could offer it.

Harden isnt a max player yet, let's see what he can do this season

Harden isnt a max player yet, let's see what he can do this season

17-4-4 as a SG off the bench last season?

And man would he match perfect with Kyrie

17-4-4 as a SG off the bench last season?

And man would he match perfect with Kyrie

Who also faded in the Finals, when his team needed him the most. Granted, he is young, but so is the rest of that team. He was the X Factor for his team in that series.

Also, I don't think 17/4/4 are max contract numbers. People who should be getting max contracts are superstar players like LeBron, Wade, etc. That being said, I'm sure some team will throw max money at him this offseason, assuming he doesn't return to OKC.

It's not just $1 million a year, it's up to 4 or 5 times that with luxury and repeater luxury tax.

Well, apparently that extension snub hit too close to home:

@WojYahooNBA: Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Edit: here are some conditions, apparently:

@WojYahooNBA: The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.

Genius move for OKC honestly.

Houston's GM had such a terrible year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."