• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tracking the 2013 Draft Picks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglar

Intentionally Grounded
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a graph to help you guys track the Cavs draft spots for 2013.

I'll update things about once a week during the season.

10/29 I started with the Hollinger guesstimates. Kings at #7(*), the Cavs at #9, the Lakers at #26, and Orlando at #32.
11/5 I'll use the Stein rankings this week. Kings #3, Cavs #5, Lakers #15, and Orlando #41

image002-2.png

(*) The Cavs won't get the Kings pick unless it is 14th or worse.

Last edited:
When we made the Sessions trade last year, it seemed the Lakers were poised for stagnation and their pick might not be a complete throwaway next year. Now the choice between Heat/Lakers seems like it will be negligible. Damn big market teams!

When we made the Sessions trade last year, it seemed the Lakers were poised for stagnation and their pick might not be a complete throwaway next year. Now the choice between Heat/Lakers seems like it will be negligible. Damn big market teams!

Obviously preseason isn't a good indicator, but the Lakers were getting absolutely destroyed and lost all their games. There's a chance they could take a month or two to properly mesh, which would be great for us and our option to swap picks. They're also a team that basically has four stars, one or two role players, and a whole lot of garbage, so an injury could really tank their season as well.

I completely forgot we have Orlando's second round pick this year!

Seeing how they will no doubt be one of the top 5 worse teams, this is a great asset to have.

I completely forgot we have Orlando's second round pick this year!

Seeing how they will no doubt be one of the top 5 worse teams, this is a great asset to have.

I loved that trade at the time Grant made it because it was pretty obvious Howard was going to be gone and their team was going to be in the toilet. Don't we have their second rounder in 2014 or 2015 too?

No point in following the Kings pick unless they show massive improvement.

9th pick would suck dick.

Here's to title contention or top 5 pick.

Getting the pick we got from the Lakers in this past draft plus the swap option w the Lakers and Heat pick this year is still great for Ramon Sessions. Not as exciting as before the Lakers got Nash and Howard but ultimately we will still most likely have 3 picks in the top 33 w a very outside shot at the Kings pick.

I think the Kings will actually take a step and surprise this year, but not enough to get us the pick in this coming draft.

Obviously, the higher draft pick we get the better, as I believe we need one more shot to draft a premium player but as far as the #9 pick being a waste Tracy McGrady, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Amare, Andre Iguodala, Joachim Noah, DeMar DeRozan, and the much heralded on these boards Andre Drummond all were #9 picks in the past 15 years. Thats over a 50% hit rate of above average to impact players.

9th pick would suck dick.

Here's to title contention or top 5 pick.

Obviously, the higher draft pick we get the better, as I believe we need one more shot to draft a premium player but as far as the #9 pick being a waste Tracy McGrady, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Amare, Andre Iguodala, Joachim Noah, DeMar DeRozan, and the much heralded on these boards Andre Drummond all were #9 picks in the past 15 years. Thats over a 50% hit rate of above average to impact players.

I'd rather take the much higher chance/safer route of having a top 5 or 3 pick, but that's just me.

I get your point, have an earlier selection to identify the guy you want is ideal, but strangely, and perhaps randomly, in the last 15 years, the hit rate on #9 draft picks is just as goof if not better than the hit rate on #5 picks.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-5/

http://www.hoopsworld.com/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-9/

I'd rather take the much higher chance/safer route of having a top 5 or 3 pick, but that's just me.

I was actually kind of hoping we'd land the 4th or 5th spot (realistic IMO) but get a nice lotto vault into the top 3 but....can't have everything, I know.

Let's Go Kings! Let's Go Kings! "One For All and Your #1 to Us"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."