• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New Star Wars Coming

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You know all those movies are for kids, right?

They're family friendly, not specifically aimed at kids. The biggest audience for the new trilogy was fans of the old trilogy. People who are absolutely not kids. He was trying to appeal to more kids by adding crap like Jar Jar.

Well since Disney bought the rights I guess we can rule out seeing leya naked right? God damn Disney and their kid freindly bs.

On a more serious note I have never seen a Star Wars movie, and I likely never will. Maybe it's because I was born in the 90's, maybe it's because I don't like green things, but more likely it is because I have seen a naked woman before.

Well since Disney bought the rights I guess we can rule out seeing leya naked right? God damn Disney and their kid freindly bs.

On a more serious note I have never seen a Star Wars movie, and I likely never will. Maybe it's because I was born in the 90's, maybe it's because I don't like green things, but more likely it is because I have seen a naked woman before.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You realize how pathetic you sound, right? "I'm cool because I've never seen Star Wars." Enjoy the rest of high school.

So I'm thinking that the next set of movies should be directed by Wes Anderson and star Bill Murray as Chewbacca.

Already graduated college champ.

V9Kgx.jpg

Hoping it'll be great, and I'm in the camp that says they should go with the most accepted Expanded Universe story arcs... Just watched an interview of George Lucas implying they should use content that's already out there as a basis of work. I think that's the right approach.

And yeah, I'm very glad George Lucas will not be directing these movies. He is fucking terrible.

Last edited:
I remember coming across script summaries online of 7, 8 & 9 several years ago (bookmarked on a long-lost HD) and it was about Leia & Han's kid and Luke's kid coming into their own as Jedi. At the time I thought, "God, I hope they never make these". Mostly because theme-wise, the movie series has already said what it wanted to say about government, freedom, and light vs dark and the interplay between all of those. The script summaries read ridiculously simple, (Scene 17A: Luke's kid enters. They saber duel.) and I was embarassed to have read them. It was like the "Fill in the blank-Babies" blitz of the 80-90s. Tiny Toon Adventures, Muppet Babies, etc.

But the wiki says it'll be about those 3 principal characters and it's an "entirely original story". Original from what? Original to the general public, or is it really about the next generation of Jedi? In this reboot age, are we going to see a bunch of Chris Pyne recast shit? (wasn't down with that for Trek TOS) I'm not saying I do (or don't?) want to see Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher & Mark Hamill out there, I'm saying I didn't think the story was ever meant to be in that situation, period.

The film will continue the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond Return of the Jedi.[7] However, the plot will not be based on the various novels, graphic novels and other materials that have continued the story of these three characters and have previously been considered Star Wars canon. Rather, Episode VII is expected to be an entirely original story.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_7

They're family friendly, not specifically aimed at kids. The biggest audience for the new trilogy was fans of the old trilogy. People who are absolutely not kids. He was trying to appeal to more kids by adding crap like Jar Jar.

If you weren't a kid when you first saw it, no way would you like that so much. Plenty of 30-45 year old Star Wars fans, not as many 65 year old ones. People can make arguments about it, and about all the superhero stuff, but all those themes are basically about becoming a man and taking care of business. It's at best aimed at adolescents. Don't get me wrong, I have a soft spot for ninja turtles, but calling these things hokey or kids stuff, is calling a spade a spade. I'm not saying Star Wars isn't good or enjoyable. It's just a childhood fantasy to find out you are secretly someone special. Saying the new movies had weird kids stuff added is crazy as that's all the robots are in the originals. They are there for comedy relief.

Little kids do not care about how cruddy the new films were. They watch 1-6 and enjoy it. It's the fact they ruined some people's nostalgia that made people angry. Comparing the quality of the films over and over is as silly as comparing Back to the future 1 and 3.

Have hope for these movies guys - Lucas won't be directing them... he's the guy responsible for the schlock and kid friendly crap that was in the prequels. The best thing going for Lucasfilm today is that it's not in Lucas' hands anymore. If Disney does these right (and you'd think they would put their A team on this given a $4BN investment), they could be great.

I remember coming across script summaries online of 7, 8 & 9 several years ago (bookmarked on a long-lost HD) and it was about Leia & Han's kid and Luke's kid coming into their own as Jedi. At the time I thought, "God, I hope they never make these". Mostly because theme-wise, the movie series has already said what it wanted to say about government, freedom, and light vs dark and the interplay between all of those. The script summaries read ridiculously simple, (Scene 17A: Luke's kid enters. They saber duel.) and I was embarassed to have read them. It was like the "Fill in the blank-Babies" blitz of the 80-90s. Tiny Toon Adventures, Muppet Babies, etc.

But the wiki says it'll be about those 3 principal characters and it's an "entirely original story". Original from what? Original to the general public, or is it really about the next generation of Jedi? In this reboot age, are we going to see a bunch of Chris Pyne recast shit? (wasn't down with that for Trek TOS) I'm not saying I do (or don't?) want to see Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher & Mark Hamill out there, I'm saying I didn't think the story was ever meant to be in that situation, period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_7

How the fuck.. Those actors must be 40/50 years old by now. Plus the threat of the Empire has been completely extinguished so I see no way they can continue that story. Also, the fact that it's wikipedia doesn't make it very credible.

Anyways, this is stupid. I don't care for any of the new Star Wars shit. A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and RTOJ were the original and so much better than the stupid ass pre-quels which were completely terrible. Midi-chlorians? wtf.. Fuck that shit. This new shit better not be as bad as that.

If you weren't a kid when you first saw it, no way would you like that so much. Plenty of 30-45 year old Star Wars fans, not as many 65 year old ones. People can make arguments about it, and about all the superhero stuff, but all those themes are basically about becoming a man and taking care of business. It's at best aimed at adolescents. Don't get me wrong, I have a soft spot for ninja turtles, but calling these things hokey or kids stuff, is calling a spade a spade. I'm not saying Star Wars isn't good or enjoyable. It's just a childhood fantasy to find out you are secretly someone special. Saying the new movies had weird kids stuff added is crazy as that's all the robots are in the originals. They are there for comedy relief.

Little kids do not care about how cruddy the new films were. They watch 1-6 and enjoy it. It's the fact they ruined some people's nostalgia that made people angry. Comparing the quality of the films over and over is as silly as comparing Back to the future 1 and 3.

Not true.. The Star Wars movies were really for all ages, at least the 3 originals. It's an extremely deep story that kids really can't comprehend at first.

How the fuck.. Those actors must be 40/50 years old by now. Plus the threat of the Empire has been completely extinguished so I see no way they can continue that story. Also, the fact that it's wikipedia doesn't make it very credible.

Anyways, this is stupid. I don't care for any of the new Star Wars shit. A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and RTOJ were the original and so much better than the stupid ass pre-quels which were completely terrible. Midi-chlorians? wtf.. Fuck that shit. This new shit better not be as bad as that.

Actually, Mark Hamill is 61 and good ol' Harrison Ford is 70.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."