• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Keep Heckert Here

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Haslam spent $1 billion on the Browns, I'm pretty sure he's gonna do what he thinks is right and not listen to an online petition created by a guy who has himself in his avatar. (Don't know if he still does, he's on my ignore list).

Haslam spent $1 billion on the Browns, I'm pretty sure he's gonna do what he thinks is right and not listen to an online petition created by a guy who has himself in his avatar. (Don't know if he still does, he's on my ignore list).
Oh no, some dude I can't remember ever reading a single post of has me on ignore!
Keep posting great posts!

Obviously it's a long shot, but I'm sure if it got big enough Haslam and company would sooner or later get wind of it, and take it into some type of consideration.

I signed it, can't hurt..

Omar comin!

Can we change the petition to "keep heckert here, fire shurmur?"

Who's Omar? I only see Chalky :chuckles:

Anyways, I'll put this here, since it is about a 5th rounder of the Heckert era.

As Buster Skrine goes, so go the Browns?
Nov 01, 2012 -- 6:00am
By Tony Grossi

Weathering the storm: If I were to single out one player who epitomizes the Browns’ season through eight games it would be Buster Skrine.

Young and inexperienced. Pressed to play a lot. Picked on. Ridiculed. Recovered. Improved. Admired.

Borrowing coach Pat Shurmur’s pet phrase, Skrine “battles.”

Joe Haden paid a steep monetary price for his four-game suspension. But on the field, Skrine paid heavily, too. He was a lightning rod in the Browns’ defensive secondary. Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning each threw at him with success.

After the Cincinnati and Giants games, Skrine was cornered by media seeking his reaction to getting schooled. Skrine didn’t hide or sneak out to the team bus. “I need to play better,” he said.

When Haden returned, Dimitri Patterson departed with an ankle injury. Skrine took on Patterson’s role covering the slot receiver in the nickel (extra cornerback) defense. His game turned around. On Sunday, he helped limit San Diego tight end Antonio Gates to two catches and broke up Philip Rivers’ final pass at about the Browns’ 30 to preserve a 7-6 victory.

In appreciation of his perseverance and toughness, Skrine was named a game captain for Ravens week by the team’s three permanent captains.

“That’s a great kid,” said Haden. “He’s gonna be so good. He’s faster and quicker than everybody on the field.”

A battler: At 5-9 and 185 pounds, Skrine is the smallest player on the Browns’ defense. Yet he is second on the team in total tackles, first in pass breakups and second in special teams tackles.

Critics say he gets so many tackles because his man is always catching passes. But Skrine makes a good point.

“If you look at the film, I’m always there,” he said. “There’s never a play where I’m just getting beat deep. I’m always there challenging and I’ve been getting my hands on a lot of balls. I’m growing weekly.”

One of Skrine’s biggest champions has been coordinator Dick Jauron, who is in his 40th year of NFL service as a free safety and assistant or head coach.

“Buster probably is as tough as anybody I’ve been around,” Jauron said. “He’s a very tough football player. He’s got a pretty good feel for the game. He’s learning the feel for different spots. He plays inside in the sub package and that’s not an easy thing to do.”

When Skrine struggled against the Giants, Jauron never wavered in keeping him on the field. True, he didn’t have many options. But Jauron’s strong confidence in Skrine is now being rewarded.

“I just have a lot of admiration for the way he plays, the toughness he plays with,” Jauron said. “Clearly he’s learning a lot. He’s getting schooled at times and he’s making plays at times.

“His speed and his quickness are things you can’t teach. He’s gifted in that regard and he’s a guy that really does want it badly. He prepares as well as you can prepare. He works so hard in practice every day and he listens. He’ll keep developing.”

The future is bright: Skrine was a fifth-round draft pick of GM Tom Heckert in 2011. In four years at Tennessee-Chattanooga, Skrine played for four different coordinators and three different position coaches.

“We went from a 3-4 to a 4-3, changing coverages every year,” Skrine said. “I take it as a positive because I learned something new every year. I felt it enhanced (my career) because I learned a lot of different techniques.”

Jauron has talked about the unique difficulty of covering the slot receiver, who lines up in the center of the field with no sideline boundary to help the nickel back. Skrine said the horizontal nature of the slot receiver’s routes plays to his lateral quickness.

Like the good cornerbacks, Skrine possesses a healthy dose of instant amnesia, never letting a completed pass or a P.I. penalty deter his aggressiveness.

“At the cornerback position, you have to know that the receivers are going to make great catches and you’re going to go against great quarterbacks,” Skrine said. “You just have to keep challenging, challenging, and you will win some of those reps.”

Lately, Skrine is winning more than he is losing. Like his team.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=7281

Imagine 8 or 9 banners at the Browns game this weekend saying "KEEP HECKERT HERE"...that's gotta catch some type of attention. I mean seriously. If not by Haslam, than at least by Heckert himself - which would be something he can appreciate.

I think we need to make this happen guys, this guy literally was the man behind putting these pieces together. He is, what the Cleveland Browns are today.

Imagine 8 or 9 banners at the Browns game this weekend saying "KEEP HECKERT HERE"...that's gotta catch some type of attention. I mean seriously. If not by Haslam, than at least by Heckert himself - which would be something he can appreciate.

I think we need to make this happen guys, this guy literally was the man behind putting these pieces together. He is, what the Cleveland Browns are today.

Allow me to play Optomist.. He has, thus far, put together a 2-6 team. Now, they've looked better as of late and I'm real happy about that because I am a Heckert fan. I still don't think that it is a slam dunk decision yet, although it is looking like it will work out for he and us. Truthfully, I think there is still quite a bit to evaluate and play-out, but it is looking like the JMJs, Skrine, Winn, Hughes, etc. are going to work out. The only two flops I see are Hardesty and Marecic.

Allow me to play Optomist.. He has, thus far, put together a 2-6 team. Now, they've looked better as of late and I'm real happy about that because I am a Heckert fan. I still don't think that it is a slam dunk decision yet, although it is looking like it will work out for he and us. Truthfully, I think there is still quite a bit to evaluate and play-out, but it is looking like the JMJs, Skrine, Winn, Hughes, etc. are going to work out. The only two flops I see are Hardesty and Marecic.

Hardesty still has some flashes that he could be a nice little back-up to Trent. Now, 2nd round might have been a little high for a back-up RB, but I'm interested to see more before I label him a flop (I realize you didn't say he is a flop yet, just sayin')

I am a big Heckert fan, but I won't take part in anything like this. Reason being, an owner needs to put fan's opinions out of his head. I don't want Haslam making any decisions based on the fan's opinion, one way or another.

Hardesty still has some flashes that he could be a nice little back-up to Trent. Now, 2nd round might have been a little high for a back-up RB, but I'm interested to see more before I label him a flop (I realize you didn't say he is a flop yet, just sayin')

I am a big Heckert fan, but I won't take part in anything like this. Reason being, an owner needs to put fan's opinions out of his head. I don't want Haslam making any decisions based on the fan's opinion, one way or another.

I actually think Hardesty could be a decent starter in the right situation, assuming he stays healthy that is. He has some fumble issues, but he runs hard and has good speed.

I actually wish Trent would take a page out of his book sometimes and just hit the hole hard. I get a little annoyed when he dances behind the line and gets taken down for a loss. When Trent gets a head of steam and moves forward it's almost a guaranteed 3-4 yards.

Anyway, I think if he manages to stay healthy he could be similar to Ben Tate. A starting caliber back stuck behind a premier talent.

I actually think Hardesty could be a decent starter in the right situation, assuming he stays healthy that is. He has some fumble issues, but he runs hard and has good speed.

I actually wish Trent would take a page out of his book sometimes and just hit the hole hard. I get a little annoyed when he dances behind the line and gets taken down for a loss. When Trent gets a head of steam and moves forward it's almost a guaranteed 3-4 yards.

Anyway, I think if he manages to stay healthy he could be similar to Ben Tate. A starting caliber back stuck behind a premier talent.

With his injury concern I am glad that he is our back up. Allows him to contribute more while staying healthy

Cleveland has done well with large banners making requests from sports figures.

Cleveland has done well with large banners making requests from sports figures.

To be fair, the only reason there isn't a Baltimore Browns right now is because the fans bombarded the NFL with petitions, letters, and phone calls.

To be fair, the only reason there isn't a Baltimore Browns right now is because the fans bombarded the NFL with petitions, letters, and phone calls.

That, and the NFL wanted to return to a market that just as quickly promised a new stadium and a huge expansion franchise fee if the name could be secured. Money drove that decision as much as letters did.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."