• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings will test Free Agency next summer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Jennings already mentioned he wants to go to a bigger market. It's going to be tough for him though to find a big market team to take him on. But then again the Knicks are still an NBA team.

Tyreke goes to Phoenix. They need a player like him after we stole Dion Waiters from them.

I think Tyreke could thrive in the right environment. He's a career 18 -5 -5 at 44% shooting - that is 3 seasons of numbers, and include his rookie year. No reason to believe he should improve upon those, especially in a system (and we know Sac has been a black hole for several seasons). I could even make an argument that his percentages suffered because he was relied upon to be the man from essentially day 1.

Unfortunately, he will command if not max, near max money. We will be one of the few teams that can get into that range.

That can all be true. I watched him a lot at Sacramento, and although he has undeniable skills, something about him scares me.
He committed this season to improving his D and his team play (and he has worked on his jumper, as someone else pointed out), but even if he shwos improvement in these areas, I will keep wondering why he only started doing it in a contract year. Whether that is his motivation or the lightbulb just went on, I can't say.

The biggest reason not to bring in Tyreke is that he and Dion are quite similar in many aspects and he just isn't a good fit for that reason.
And although the Kings have played him also at SF, I think that is a bad idea. It really takes away from his ability to power his way to the hoop against smaller, weaker players. One thing can't be denied: Evans has the build of a tank, but is pretty agile and can change direction smoothly, even in the air.

I think Tyreke will explode if he goes to a solid system/coach

Like others have said, Tyreke's game just isn't a fit with the Cavs and they way they're constructing their roster. He is a player for whom it's still way too early to write off yet. There's ton of raw talent and if he continues to show signs he might be "getting it" than somebody could get a very good piece to build with. I saw some of the Kings/Bulls game opening night and Tyreke was playing well defensively and did a good job against Luol Deng. He didn't jack up shots either shooting 8-13 in 39 minutes. Just 1 game but if it can continue it will be a good sign for him and his career.

Jennings already mentioned he wants to go to a bigger market. It's going to be tough for him though to find a big market team to take him on. But then again the Knicks are still an NBA team.

Tyreke goes to Phoenix. They need a player like him after we stole Dion Waiters from them.
on that subject, i really wonder if we should be nervous that a team so poorly-managed had so much interest in the guy we drafted...

on that subject, i really wonder if we should be nervous that a team so poorly-managed had so much interest in the guy we drafted...

Golden State was very interested as well, and they are traditionally a team that has drafted very well. Jerry West was very high on Waiters, and he's obviously proven to be a great eye for talent.

In equally important Cavs news, I too plan on testing the free agency waters this summer.

lol no

Seriously though, not the case. Teams try to get talent from the draft. Phoenix thinking Dion is talented doesn't make him any less talented just because they are poorly managed. People thought we should take Thomas Robinson, and possibly the worst managed team in pro sports (Sactown Kings) selected him. Doesn't mean he was a bad prospect, just means he's going to have a tougher time living up to his potential.

In Dion's case, he should be thanking his lucky stars that we drafted him into a nice, stable situation with a good organization. He might have had more free reign and bigger numbers in Phoenix, but it could have easily altered his career path negatively...can't imagine how good a kid like Tyreke would have been if he was drafted to an organization like San Antonio.

I think the Magic may also make a run for one of these two as well.

I can't think of two players (not currently not on the Cavs) that I do not want on the Cavs more than these two. Maybe KG...

I can't think of two players (not currently not on the Cavs) that I do not want on the Cavs more than these two. Maybe KG...

I will take the fact you didnt mention me and my upcoming free agency with that group as a compliment.

I will take the fact you didnt mention me and my upcoming free agency with that group as a compliment.

But, would a major free agent such as yourself actually consider playing in Cleveland? I heard you were looking to sign with one of the big city teams. :chuckles:

I really don't think that Evans is the ball-hogger that everyone makes him out to be. I think he's just the product of a bad organization that hasn't put any thought into how to assemble a roster. Their team is full of guys who need tons of touches, but there aren't enough touches to go around. Evans had a great rookie year and flashed a ton of potential that, thus far, he hasn't been able to live up to. That doesn't mean his potential has just disappeared. It just means he's playing for an organization that is great at drafting talent but terrible at developing it.

That said, I don't really see Evans as a fit here. He can technically play the three (and does in Sacramento), but that's not his ideal position. He's a combo guard, and we already have a guy with a similar game in Dion Waiters.

But, would a major free agent such as yourself actually consider playing in Cleveland? I heard you were looking to sign with one of the big city teams. :chuckles:

You heard that wrong. I said i wanted to sign with one of the Big Titty teams. You know, hot cheerleaders. So yes, for that fact Cleveland is out.

Reke is too small to be a SF and he's also notorious for having a bad attitude. Byron would bury him on the bench in the long run so no thanks.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."