• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Tank or Not to Tank

• Yes, I want to secure a high draft pick and develop the young players.

Votes: 209 71.8%
  • No, go for the most wins and play the vets.

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • I'm still pissed that Disney bought Star Wars.

Votes: 48 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Early in the season. We suck. Need more talent. We'll get raped in the playoffs if we sneak in. Rather see Dion, Kyrie, TT and Zeller log heavy minutes for developmental purposes. Don't mind trading Andy and Boobie to upgrade the talent. Remember, we never made the playoffs until the Queen's 3rd season. I'd say we tank for another high pick, sign a good free agent next season and draft a skilled big. Discuss you p00ns.

We obviously don't have the talent to compete. Too many inefficient shooters and poor defensive rotations to compete.

Will not be a choice, we are simply just going to suck.

Well this is our last season to tank so we may as well do it right.

I wish I could say I'm surprised that this thread exists.

I guess my only shock stems from the lack of steak and lobster promises.

I agree we had a bad game and no bench. The team on the floor is proof enough we plan to tank.

There is no question we are tanking folks. Just look at some of Byron's rotations... Look at the moves Grant made in the offseason, and lastly even if we weren't going to tank our talent level wouldn't allow us to win enough games anyways.

No. No point in tanking. Let the talent we have take us to where we go, which consequently won't be far. We'll end up with a good pick anyways.

We need to instill a winning culture in these young dudes.

It's one game. Quit overreacting.

Seems pretty clear from that Lloyd article about Grant that we plan on tanking for one more year.

Confused by the second choice. Play the vets to win? Our vets suck. Thats why the rookies and sophomores are starting. The only vet starting over a rookie/sophomore 1st rounder is Andy... and thats because he deserves that spot. The other vets (or scrubs as i like to call them) cant play their way out of a paper bag.

If we start starting our vets... i'll know we are on the train to tankville, and trying to lose the most games (not win them)

I can't even get excited about tanking anymore. Chris will probably pick some unknown prospect again
noah.png

i hate the use of the word "tanking" because it suggests losing intentionally. i don't want to do that. i want to play the rookies a lot to expedite their development and trade some players that don't fit here long-term (av!!!). it just so happens that losing a lot and a high draft pick are a byproduct of doing those things. that, however, isn't really "tanking." it's doing what's best for the current players on teh roster, as well as the prospects/upside of the team going forward.

i hate the use of the word "tanking" because it suggests losing intentionally. i don't want to do that. i want to play the rookies a lot to expedite their development and trade some players that don't fit here long-term (av!!!). it just so happens that losing a lot and a high draft pick are a byproduct of doing those things. that, however, isn't really "tanking." it's doing what's best for the current players on teh roster, as well as the prospects/upside of the team going forward.

I like to call it managerially tanking. The players play their hardest. It's just that they're not put in a situation where they can win easily.

I will say this.

We might only be in year 2 of the rebuild, but we have 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years within that time frame.

Losing is one thing.

The fact we still don't look like we have alot of NBA talent is the thing that is very disconcerting because with that many 1st round picks added to your roster you should be very competitive.

Its just 1 loss. Lets see how the team responds before we lose our collective shit over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."