• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Tank or Not to Tank

• Yes, I want to secure a high draft pick and develop the young players.

Votes: 209 71.8%
  • No, go for the most wins and play the vets.

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • I'm still pissed that Disney bought Star Wars.

Votes: 48 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this.

We might only be in year 2 of the rebuild, but we have 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years within that time frame.

Losing is one thing.

The fact we still don't look like we have alot of NBA talent is the thing that is very disconcerting because with that many 1st round picks added to your roster you should be very competitive.

2 of them being big men, which of course take longer to develop. Especially Tristan, as raw as he was offensively coming in.

Waiters in his rookie year. Honestly, the only person we should expect big things from is Kyrie, solely off his performance last season.

We don't have to tank. We just won't be a great team.

There's no such thing as tanking.

I will say this.

We might only be in year 2 of the rebuild, but we have 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years within that time frame.

Losing is one thing.

The fact we still don't look like we have alot of NBA talent is the thing that is very disconcerting because with that many 1st round picks added to your roster you should be very competitive.

Durant started his sophomore season 3-29

Sometimes tanking isn't a choice. Sometimes it's in your DNA.

Ok ok ok, I may be drunk, but disney buying Star Wars is the greatest thing to happen to Geekdom in the past decade. Slow your roll OP... slow your roll...

I just dont know if trading AV is good for the team at this point. If we trade him, this team has no veteran to turn to. That can be harmful to the young guys. Now, if someone gives us a good offer, I'm for it.

Agree with most in this thread. It's not so much as an option/choice this year as its a probability/inevitability.

Last year, it was actually a real question, as we had guys like Jamison(over TT) Sessions(cutting into Kyrie minutes), and Parker who we could play and who sometimes kept us competitive vs. only playing the young guys.

This year we just have what we have. A young developing stud(Kyrie), a hustle guy(andy), and a bunch of young guys we hope develop(Waiters, TT, Zeller, and Gee) + the worst bench in the NBA.

I see us with a top 6 pick this year and then doing what we did last year for Zeller, packaging the Laker/Heat pick plus the Orlando 2nd and/or our own 2nd rd pick to move into the mid teens for another pick

In the 2014 draft, I see us having a top 14 pick of our own.

So in the next two years we add a superstar potential guy plus two more mid 1st round guys to the core. Ideally, we also sign a legit FA either after this year or in the 2014 offseason, before Kyrie's extension kicks in.

Agree with most in this thread. It's not so much as an option/choice this year as its a probability/inevitability.

Last year, it was actually a real question, as we had guys like Jamison(over TT) Sessions(cutting into Kyrie minutes), and Parker who we could play and who sometimes kept us competitive vs. only playing the young guys.

This year we just have what we have. A young developing stud(Kyrie), a hustle guy(andy), and a bunch of young guys we hope develop(Waiters, TT, Zeller, and Gee) + the worst bench in the NBA.

I see us with a top 6 pick this year and then doing what we did last year for Zeller, packaging the Laker/Heat pick plus the Orlando 2nd and/or our own 2nd rd pick to move into the mid teens for another pick

In the 2014 draft, I see us having a top 14 pick of our own.

So in the next two years we add a superstar potential guy plus two more mid 1st round guys to the core. Ideally, we also sign a legit FA either after this year or in the 2014 offseason, before Kyrie's extension kicks in.

If we're still in the lottery in 2014, we're doing it wrong.

Tank or not to tank--Is there really a choice??? Looks like tanking is not a choice as the cavs will win even less games than last year IMHO.

Tank or not to tank--Is there really a choice??? Looks like tanking is not a choice as the cavs will win even less games than last year IMHO.

Strong words considering last years schedule was shortened.

It is the 2nd game of the season against a playoff team.

For now, play to win the game.

Ok ok ok, I may be drunk, but disney buying Star Wars is the greatest thing to happen to Geekdom in the past decade. Slow your roll OP... slow your roll...

It certainly is a great thing if you want an entire 5th gate at Disney World dedicated entirely to Star Wars, instead of just a ride or two.

For this team to tank it is redundant. Nothing this team does is telling me there is even a small chance that they would make the playoffs. They will be lucky to make it out of the bottom of the division this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."