• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 5: Cavs @ Warriors, Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:30PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kouki

Kouki, Not Cookie.
Reaction score
My first game thread!

JwNet.png
........ AT ........
logo_golden_state_warriors.png
2-2.................................................................2-2

STARTERS
IRVING..................WAITERS..................GEE..................THOMPSON..................VAREJAO​
6e1Os.png

VS.
G6S1B.png
CURRY...................THOMPSON...............BARNES..................LEE..................BOGUT​

BENCHES
SLOAN..................GIBSON..................MILES..................SAMUELS..................ZELLER​
jzgK3.png

VS.
YfrEV.jpg
JACK..................JEFFERSON..................LANDRY..................BIEDRINS..................EZELI​

COACHES
rkzIT.png

BYRON SCOTT VS. MARK JACKSON

INJURIES

Cleveland: Tyler Zeller (out) (broken cheekboke, concussion)

Golden State: Brandon Rush (out for season) (torn ACL)

GAME PREVIEW
By MATT BEARDMORE
Posted Nov 06 2012 3:14PM

The Cleveland Cavaliers' young backcourt just carried them to victory.

The Golden State Warriors' two young guards both came up just short.

Cleveland continues a season-high six-game trip Wednesday night when the Warriors go for their first home win of the season.

Led by seven 3-pointers and 28 points - both season highs - from rookie shooting guard Dion Waiters, and 24 and 10 assists from reigning Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, the Cavaliers (2-2) avoided a third loss with Monday's 108-101 win over the Los Angeles Clippers.

Waiters' 3s were the most by a Cav since Daniel Gibson's seven versus Utah on Dec. 20, 2010.

"When you have somebody going like that you just sit back and watch," Irving said of Waiters, whose 16.3 scoring average is second on Cleveland to Irving's 23.8.

The Warriors (2-2) watched Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry launch shots in the final seconds on Monday at Sacramento, but both missed and they fell 94-92.

"I thought it was in," Sacramento's Chuck Hayes said of Curry's 3-point attempt at the buzzer. "When Klay Thompson shot the other one, I thought it was good. Those are two guys when the ball leaves their hands, you think it's good."

Thompson and Curry are tied for the team lead with 10 3s, but they're shooting a combined 35.2 percent from the floor. Curry missed 12 of 15 attempts on Monday when the Warriors hit 39.7 percent as a team.

"The shots I'm not worried about - they'll fall," Jackson said of Curry, who finished with a season-best eight assists.

Plenty of shots have been falling against the Cavs, whose opponents have hit half their field-goal attempts.

"The only disappointment is that we allowed them to shoot such a high percentage (52.7), but that's something we can continue to work on," coach Byron Scott said Monday.

Cleveland, though, has shown some positive signs on the defensive end. The team had a season-high 12 steals against the Clippers, and it has surrendered just 23 second-chance points - tied for the second-fewest in the league - with opponents grabbing 8.8 offensive rebounds per contest.

Cavs center Anderson Varejao leads the NBA with three games of 15 or more rebounds after grabbing that many on Monday.

The team might need to lean even more on Varejao, Alonzo Gee and Tristan Thompson with rookie big man Tyler Zeller questionable after taking an elbow to the left cheekbone on Monday. Zeller left in the fourth quarter after scoring a season-best 15 points and pulling down seven rebounds.

If he can't go, there will be no on-court reunion between him and Warriors rookie forward Harrison Barnes, Zeller's former North Carolina teammate.

Both are averaging 7.5 points, although Barnes is a starter.

Center Andrew Bogut should be in the Warriors' starting lineup for a second straight game as he's still recovering from a fractured left ankle suffered last season while with Milwaukee. The Australian is coming off a season-best 12-point performance.

"I'm just trying to get through these next three to four weeks," Bogut said.

In the only meeting between these teams last season, the visiting Warriors won 105-95 on Jan. 17.

Golden State goes for a second consecutive home win in this series after a 116-98 victory on Jan. 7, 2011, ended Cleveland's 4-0 run in the Bay Area. LeBron James was in the Cavaliers' lineup during that stretch.

http://www.nba.com/games/20121107/CLEGSW/gameinfo.html

Last edited:
Very smart move, providing cheerleader pics via a link. :D

Those who view game threads at their offices etc. will thank you twice.

Interesting to see how Dion plays this game. Will he play within the flow of the offense or decide he can just throw up a ton of shots?

Rush getting hurt just gave barnes a lot more playing time if he can produce. It will be interesting to see how he responds

Rush getting hurt just gave barnes a lot more playing time if he can produce. It will be interesting to see how he responds
I saw Barnes in the W's loss against the Kings. If I put it nicely he tried to play within the flow of the offense.
If I put it more blandly, he looked tentative and lacked aggression.

Interesting to see how Dion plays this game. Will he play within the flow of the offense or decide he can just throw up a ton of shots?

Agreed. It will be interesting to see who he guards and who guards him (there are no perfect matchups in either direction in the starting lineup). I hope he drives to the basket against defenders that will likely be taller.

Awesome job with this game thread! Or Is this just the Waiters vs Barnes hype talking? :chuckles:

The bad news is that the Golden state warriors are due for a solid shooting evening. The good news is The Cavs have performed well against these type of defenses. Golden state has the slightly better difference. offense production for the first 4 games show the Cavs and Golden state nearly equal in every category. Both teams utilize offensive rebounding to shot attempts than their opponent. Cavs should get alot of good looks.

Barnes looks like this fucking dinosaur thing:

images

Nothing would make me happier than demolishing the stupid Golden Gayt Bridge team thing.

For those of us who aren't wise to the whole photoshop thing, I like what you've got here Kouk. Also, yes, thank you for not putting the cheerleaders on my work screen. :chuckles:

Yeah I wasn't about to try any Photoshopping....but I did waste wayy too much time trying to use the built-in HTML formatting vs. just making more stuff in MS Word. Lesson learned for next time!!

Time for Waiters to tackle another rook. 2-0 on the battle front!

Watch out for Landry off the bench... He's been picking up the slack for Bogut lol

Another game at 4:30 AM :shakehead Definitely wise not being a fan of a Western Nba team hehe (As a European)

Go CaVs!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."