• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mike Brown, Fired

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chrisrich91

6/19/2016
Staff member
Reaction score
Mike Brown has been fired according to Sam Amick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lakers coach Mike Brown has been fired, USA TODAY Sports has learned - <a href="http://t.co/VyCsvWye" title="http://usat.ly/VN9aQ4">usat.ly/VN9aQ4</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/266963446069862400" data-datetime="2012-11-09T18:00:20+00:00">November 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

well that didn't take too long. They better stay the F away from Byron Scott.

Wait, just this week Buss told the media that Brown was safe. I'm just completely shocked.

Unfortunately, this means our swap from the Lakers will probably end up being worth a lot less than it would have been otherwise.

What are the odds of Brown replacing Whitman in DC?

For the Lakers it has to be Brian Shaw, doesn't it? I just hope they stay away from Scott.

Don't worry, it looks like they want to hire D'Antoni. They'll still suck.

Poor Mike Brown keeps getting screwed by prima donna star players. He needs to coach the Timberwolves/Magic/Wizards, etc.

Poor Mike Brown keeps getting screwed by prima donna star players. He needs to coach the Timberwolves/Magic/Wizards, etc.

What he needs to do is learn how to run a semblance of an offense.

Worst adjuster in NBA history. Just downright awful and stubborn.

LOL, that is all.

so howard isnt healthy and he gets nash for 1 game and he gets fired that ludacris. The heat should have fired spolstra after 15 games there 1st year too i guess

Ludacris = rapper/"actor" from Georgia
Ludicrous = amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration

Sorry, not usually a grammar stickler, but come on man.

Chris Grant is really starting to look like a genius. Introducing a complicated fast-paced offense like D'Antoni's with a roster as old as the Lakers would be a bad move, even if Nash would help with the transition. Shaw would be smarter, but so many players on this roster haven't played in the triangle before, and there's a steep learning curve. I'm not sure where the Lakers go from here. They are way too talented to miss the playoffs, but it's starting to seem like this will be a team that struggles for the season.

That's crazy- They must have someone in mind to pull the trigger like they did. Mike D'Antoni seems to be the name most batted around. I guess if you don't feel the guy will ever be good enough to get the job done and you have the ability to land the guy you want now, you do it. The question is, is that really the case or did they just kick Mike Brown to the curb because he is 1-4 at the start of the season. If they are promoting retreads like Eddie Jordan or Bernie Bickerstaff, lol.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."