• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Does Utah hold the key to Cleveland's future?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Didn't expect this from Smooth. Rumor mill forum....

On paper Jefferson sure seems like a good fit...

I admit I don't watch the guy. Is he comparable to Jamison? Volume offense and no defense?

If the Cavs want to be a contender they will need to either sign or trade for an all star at some point. Idk if Al & Millsap are the answer. There are certainly better pieces out there.

Kyrie
Waiters
Gee
Millsap
Jefferson

That team would be good but I have a hard time believing they would contend for a championship.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't pull the trigger on this deal unless you've already tried to get some other players and don't believe you could sign them via free agency. Such as Josh Smith, Andrew Bynum, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, etc.

jefferson is good, but im more in favor of having favors, dont know how cavs could get him though.

jefferson is good, but im more in favor of having favors, dont know how cavs could get him though.

We need to sell Tristan Thompson, & send CJ back to Utah for Favors? Sound Good? Yup Yep Right......

Whatever it takes to end the Kyrie / Varajao pick and pop game...

If Jefferson is a 3rd or 4th option, I think he's a great piece of the puzzle. I would rather go after a guy like him in free agency after we lock up another top 10 pick this season. With the cap floor coming in, we won't have much of a choice anyway.

On defense, Jefferson is a good rebounder and decent shot-blocker but I worry a bit about interior defense with Irving and Waiters as perimeter defenders....

For me, that's the deal breaker. Adding Jefferson would probably take us out of the lottery -- and certainly out of the high lottery -- so his acquisition would mean that our core is essentially set. And I don't think that core is good enough on the defensive end to win a championship. Irving, sadly, is close to Mark Price level in terms of defense at this point, and that is a liability that is going to have to be overcome by the other guys on the court. Guys who habitually miss rotations and have major defensive lapses won't cut it.

Yeah, put Jefferson on this team and your lotto hopes can swirl around the toilet bowl and get sucked into oblivion. I just don't think it's a good idea. It's not even that Big Al is a bad player or anything like that. If this team was one piece away I'd heavily consider it. But being two big time pieces and lots of little pieces away from true championship contention, I just don't think the fit is there.

Yeah, put Jefferson on this team and your lotto hopes can swirl around the toilet bowl and get sucked into oblivion. I just don't think it's a good idea. It's not even that Big Al is a bad player or anything like that. If this team was one piece away I'd heavily consider it. But being two big time pieces and lots of little pieces away from true championship contention, I just don't think the fit is there.

These kind of premature moves and we end up being like Atlanta or Memphis: teams that are pretty darn good but not quite good enough to get over the top. Al's a good player and all but this would kill our capspace and push out of acquiring assets mode. I think we picked up two very good players this year in Waiters and Zeller to surround KI but need to get more assets before pulling a trigger on something like this. A capstone trade should be done only we're ready to go over the top

If the Cavs want to be a contender they will need to either sign or trade for an all star at some point. Idk if Al & Millsap are the answer. There are certainly better pieces out there.

Kyrie
Waiters
Gee
Millsap
Jefferson

That team would be good but I have a hard time believing they would contend for a championship.
they wouldn't.

i'd prefer Favors
so would the entire league.

on the topic of utah, if they don't move at least one of millsap/jefferson this season (pref for a young pg or sf) they are legit retarded.

Last edited:
What do you guys think we'd have to give up to get one or both of these guys?

These kind of premature moves and we end up being like Atlanta or Memphis: teams that are pretty darn good but not quite good enough to get over the top. Al's a good player and all but this would kill our capspace and push out of acquiring assets mode. I think we picked up two very good players this year in Waiters and Zeller to surround KI but need to get more assets before pulling a trigger on something like this. A capstone trade should be done only we're ready to go over the top

if Waiters turns into the real deal we just need a star quality big man and we should be set with our core IMO. Need some more role players but I'd be happy with a Big 3 of Irving Waiters and [insert star big man here]

Not to turn it into a science, but this is just how I see it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."