• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Brandon Roy train wreck

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Douglar

Intentionally Grounded
Staff member
Reaction score
I got to admit that I was curious when Minnesota signed Brandon Roy. It was probably going to be horrible, but there was that outside chance that he was going to come back to the NBA guns a-blazin'. It's so bad it's hard to stop watching. Did Kahn even watch him play before he signed this guy for $10.5 Mil over 2 years? It's as bad as watching Luke Walton play.

haven't watched either game but a few days ago i read that minnesota hopes he can play like 32mpg which is lol not happening

i understand the idea of keeping him warm and whatever, but the guy will fall apart if they try that

I got to admit that I was curious when Minnesota signed Brandon Roy. It was probably going to be horrible, but there was that outside chance that he was going to come back to the NBA guns a-blazin'. It's so bad it's hard to stop watching. Did Kahn even watch him play before he signed this guy for $10.5 Mil over 2 years? It's as bad as watching Luke Walton play.

I want to watch them less this year than last year because of this signing. I get depressed watching these situations. Everybody knew he'd probably be one of those part time players who never gets it back, with an occasional teaser game. Just good enough to eat up valuable minutes and shots on an up an coming team trying to grow.

I haven't watched tonight's game yet, but he still has a few years of pretending to be his former self, followed by a few years of collecting checks playing for contenders off the bench before he can reach the master Jermaine O'Neal's level of should've retired a long long time ago.

It didn't seem likely that a player with knees as shot as Roy's are would be able to come back and be consistent and effective. It is kind of sad. I always really liked him as a player too. Portland has had such bad luck as a franchise.
Guess I could see some team taking a chance on Roy but the T-Wolves were foolish to give him that contract.

he had 10 points and six assist his first game and had a bad game his 2nd one. a little bit premature.. Roy certainly isnt supposed to be carrying this team and he wasnt signed for that

David Kahn drafted a future star point guard in Rubio and immediately did everything in the exact opposite philosophy of Grant and the Cavs. They traded away draft picks, they overpaid for free agents... they overpaid for a guy who should be retired. Watching Minnesota flounder is a great way to remember why the Cavs have all their assets tied up in future draft picks.

David Kahn drafted a future star point guard in Rubio and immediately did everything in the exact opposite philosophy of Grant and the Cavs. They traded away draft picks, they overpaid for free agents... they overpaid for a guy who should be retired. Watching Minnesota flounder is a great way to remember why the Cavs have all their assets tied up in future draft picks.

Heck, the Cavs might even be looking at many of their current players in light of what they could possibly be worth in terms of receiving back draft picks in a trade. Andy, Boobie, and Walton, anyone?

To some extent, Kahn's moves this past season only were dictated by the team's desire to make Kevin Love happy. Love was outspoken in that he stated that the Wolves needed to win now. Consequently, Kahn was in much the same position as Ferry was when he was trying to satisfy LBJ. We all know that Kahn has made some crazy moves in the past, however the Wolves are going to be a damn good team when both Love and Rubio get back. Pekovic is incredibly solid, AK-47 has turned back the clock ( of course, he'll inevitably have injury issues) and I wish we had Schved as our backup PG!

I don't know about pekovic. Looks like garbage thus far.

He should just cut him now. Realistically, Kahn is only a couple of moves away from achieving his ultimate goal of having no black guys on his team. I wonder if he'd give us Derek Williams for Walton...i'd even throw in Leuer for Cunningham to sweeten the pot.

I don't know about pekovic. Looks like garbage thus far.

While he hasn't quite been the double-double machine he was in the latter half of last season, he's still averaging almost 14 points per game while shooting 50% from the field and 74% from the line. The improvement I've notched this year so far is that he's doubled his blocks per game (glaring weakness) from .7 to 1.4. Not to mention the fact that he's a physical beast.

He left last nights game at half-time because of a soreness in his right knee.

Makes me kind of sad to watch him play like that. Is his last season with the Blazers was somewhat decent compared to what he is playing like right now.

5.8 PPG on 31% shooting is brutal... Especially because he cant guard anyone on defense.

I have no clue why he made a comeback in the first place.

He left last nights game at half-time because of a soreness in his right knee.

Makes me kind of sad to watch him play like that. Is his last season with the Blazers was somewhat decent compared to what he is playing like right now.

5.8 PPG on 31% shooting is brutal... Especially because he cant guard anyone on defense.

I have no clue why he made a comeback in the first place.

Easy....when life is cruel to you and you're still young....you say F you.

5 games in and your calling it quits on a guy who hasn't played in a whole season, give it time..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."