• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Brandon Roy train wreck

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
David Kahn drafted a future star point guard in Rubio and immediately did everything in the exact opposite philosophy of Grant and the Cavs. They traded away draft picks, they overpaid for free agents... they overpaid for a guy who should be retired. Watching Minnesota flounder is a great way to remember why the Cavs have all their assets tied up in future draft picks.

They're 4-1 without Love and Rubio and their bench is pretty deep. They have the best PF in the league and a future all-star at PG.

Last edited:
5 games in and your calling it quits on a guy who hasn't played in a whole season, give it time..

it's a really bad sign when he's already leaving games because of knee soreness.

It's going to take awhile for him to get comfortable playing against the best players in the world again. I don't think he'll return to his Portland playing days but he could still turn into a solid role player for Minnesota. Esp when Love and Rubio come back, the floor will open up for him a little more and by then he should have had enough time to get re acclimated with the NBA game.

They're 4-1 without Love and Rubio and their bench is pretty deep. They have the best PF in the league and a future all-star at PG.
yes

nobody is watching minnesota "flounder" because.....they're not. not even close.

To be fair, I wrote that early in the season.

That said, Minny is not exactly the best run organization in the NBA. Five games of success in November is nothing to hang your hat on.

Look at the age of the Timberwolves' core: Love and Williams are young, but plenty of guys on this team are in their prime years without a high ceiling. Stiemsma, Barea, and Pekovic are older than you think.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/roster/2012

I'm not claiming that the Cavs will be better down the line just because of the age of their core. I've seen a young core or two implode. But for conversation sake, look at the ages on this roster in comparison to the Wolves:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/roster/2012

Funny to think that Boobie would be one of the young guys on that Timberwolves roster, huh?

Funny to think that Boobie would be one of the young guys on that Timberwolves roster, huh?

For conversation sake, I wonder whether Boobie would make the Timberwolves roster. It also tells something about the imbalance on our roster, and I am talking from a developmental POV, not a competing POV.

For conversation sake, I wonder whether Boobie would make the Timberwolves roster. It also tells something about the imbalance on our roster, and I am talking from a developmental POV, not a competing POV.
yes. if only because they desperately need shooting.

minnesota won't ever win a title with that core but with another smallish move or two they could contend.

i think they should've gone all-in for harden. adding him to love, rubio, ak, and potentially peko (if they could keep him in the trade somehow) would've made them a contender.

Aren't they close to being up against the limit on the salary cap?

Given that there is almost a linear relationship between payroll and record, they're not doing anything extraordinary at best, and they have limited upside despite their youth.

Look, anytime you have the opportunity to trade away a first round pick for the white backup shooting guard in Houston, you pretty much have to do it. That is how you win championships.

At this point, everyone should be (and probably is) trying to hoodwink Kahn. Show them Andy and you get a player and an unprotected pick :chuckles:

Look, anytime you have the opportunity to trade away a first round pick for the white backup shooting guard in Houston, you pretty much have to do it. That is how you win championships.

Why does it have to be Houston?

Can't it be Charlotte?

sasha_returning.jpg

Or Boston?

images

Feel terrible for this guy, Eddy Curry and Kwame Brown make millions with steady carriers and Brandon Roy has 7 knee surgeries forcing retirement. The game of life.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."