• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OBR Updates 11/6

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Tressel lives fairly nearby in Medina Co. and works at UAkron, and has regularly been seen out and about in Cleveland in the recent past (i.e. last year) so not much can necessarily be concluded from this.

Apparently Haslam was having dinner with Tres at a restaurant called the Spread Eagle Tavern. Yes, I'm being serious (it actually looks like a good restaurant). http://www.spreadeagletavern.com/

Dont people pay to subscribe to the OBR? What a joke.

So what.. If they want to pay for it, it is at least constant discussion about the team. This place lacks that kind of info (unless someone posts it) and the Browns part gets real slow at times.

I'm an on-again, off-again subscriber. I usually pay for a couple months after the off-season starts, and that's it; however, the Haslam/banner dynamic means that there might be some newsworthy things happening now....so I re-upped last week. I'm hoping to gain more insight as to how much say on personnel Banner will have as CEO.

Also, the names Lane keeps bringing up as coaches include Gruden, Reid, and Nick Saban.

I'm an on-again, off-again subscriber. I usually pay for a couple months after the off-season starts, and that's it; however, the Haslam/banner dynamic means that there might be some newsworthy things happening now....so I re-upped last week. I'm hoping to gain more insight as to how much say on personnel Banner will have as CEO.

Also, the names Lane keeps bringing up as coaches include Gruden, Reid, and Nick Saban.

Yeah same, I was subscribed during the draft/FA then stopped because it wasnt worth 10 bucks a month. Now i re-upped because it's nice hearing some hot rumors specifically on the Browns

My goodness...ten bucks a month!!!!! Hell, Netflix is $8 per, and I get a helluva lot more entertainment from that!

Someone asked Lane if he's got any more rumors this week and here was his answer

I have been chasing down some Holmgren coaching speculation.

It looks like Tuesday night will be the next wave of rumors, notes, etc.

LA

I will try and post them tonight, if not it'll be tomorrow morning

I have been chasing down some Holmgren coaching speculation.

It looks like Tuesday night will be the next wave of rumors, notes, etc.

LA

I'll charge ya 7 bucks for em.

Last edited:
Rumors and Tidbits 11/14

The new Browns owner and CEO has not looked at, nor discussed Bill O'Brien as a potential candidate if (HA) the organization decides to part ways with Pat Shurmur.

TheOBR has learned the multiple discussions between Jimmy Haslam and Jim Tressel does not indicate in the slightest the former YSU and OSU head coach is a candidate for the Browns HC job in Cleveland, if it comes available.

Haslam has significant respect for Tressel's background and following in the Northeast Ohio area and could envision Tressel involved with the Browns in some capacity in 2013.

Bernie and Hanford have spent significant time with owner Jimmy Haslam and there are subtle indications Haslam is attempting to incorporate the former Browns players into the organization.

TheOBR has learned the Browns offensive coaching staff has been working on its play-calling timing and game-flow situations.

Shurmur and Childress normally work off sheets prepared prior to game-day.

The HC and OC have streamlined the discussion process and respective relay information to the QB in an attempt to better utilize pre-snap time

JMcCurry08 said:
TheOBR has learned the Browns offensive coaching staff has been working on its play-calling timing and game-flow situations.

Shurmur and Childress normally work off sheets prepared prior to game-day.

The HC and OC have streamlined the discussion process and respective relay information to the QB in an attempt to better utilize pre-snap time

The fact that it took them until the bye week to figure this out is baffling. I still don't know how this guy is a coach.

Oh my word, if Tressel became head coach, I might just jizz in excitement.

If Tressel becomes the coach I will Jizz like a drunk who got taken advantage of and woke wondering what If I should have let It happen. I would love It be scared as to If It should have been the hire. Needless to say now that would be a high yet possible rewarding risk.

I don't think he'd be head coach, incorporate into the organization I feel is implicit that he would have a smaller role - which I wouldn't mind at all. He has an excellent football mind and is a master of detail.

Whose more conservative. Tressel or Shoemer?

It's not even close.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2722614

You don't have to spend much time around the Ohio State Buckeyes to learn of the importance that coach Jim Tressel places on special teams. If Ohio State had a yard for every Buckeye player or coach who solemnly, straight-facedly said, "The punt is the most important play in football," they'd never have to punt again...

You could look at a typical Ohio State practice schedule, in which as many as seven of the 24 five-minute periods in a two-hour practice are devoted to the kicking game...

You could stick your head in a kicking review meeting on a Friday afternoon before a game. The first sign that you will see in the meeting room is, "Special Units Win Championships." Tressel will be running the meeting...

"He always says, 'The punt is the most important play in football,'" Daniels said of Jim Tressel, "and that's true when you think about it. He was the first person ever to use that that I have heard. You know what? He's right." ...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."