• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Will The Cavs Make a Major Move At The Trade Deadline?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thread: Will The Cavs Make a Major Move At The Trade Deadline?

• Yes

Votes: 47 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 58 30.5%
  • If you consider trading Boobie Gibson for 1st round pick in the 20's major, then yes.

Votes: 85 44.7%

• Total voters

TheAdmin

2 weeks notice
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Yes. The Cavs will trade with OKC, and the basic nucleus of the trade will be Andy for Perkins and the Toronto pick. Other picks and players may be added. The Cavs want more picks and Andy has a good chance of falling to injury or old age by the time we're in true contention for a championship, and Perkins will not cut it for the Thunder during the playoffs, so they need a big man like Andy to do the dirty work for them. The trade makes way too much sense not to happen. It just really does.

Major? I'm going to say no. I don't think the Cavs will be ready to use multiple assets until draft night when they know what their picks will be. The only major piece I can see being traded is Varejao. The only way I see a team offering enough for Grant to trade him is if a team suffers a big injury. For example, if Ibaka tears his ACL, I can see the Thunder parting with more than they would under normal circumstances.

If they do, they pick up a veteran G for a 2nd rounder, noone special just a mentor type guard for the youngbloods.

If they do, they pick up a veteran G for a 2nd rounder, noone special just a mentor type guard for the youngbloods.

The Cavs would never do that. There is nothing that the Cavs have done in their actions since LeBron left that would indicate that would be a part of their plan, nor have they stated that it would be a part of their plan. As a matter of fact, they've gone in the exact opposite direction. I'm guessing you said that because you're still just riding on the veteran guard bandwagon that RchfldCavsraised started in the Dion thread. :chuckles:

After last night's game, I am petrified at the thought of this team with even less NBA level talent. At some point, it becomes regressive to the development of Irving, Waiters, and the young bigs. Gibson isn't in the long-term plans, but I don't know what Kyrie is going to learn playing against real NBA talent night in and night out without a Varejao type of third option on the floor. And that makes the big projection of Dion panning out as a second option, which is far from a certainty.

I agree, I would like to see a nice return from Andy, but think the best return in on Irving, and him having someone to work with and develop confidence with. It is not a number you can quantify, but Irving with Andy, is better then Irving with no Andy. I think if we move Andy it would be in the off season, or if we get such a good package we can not say no. Trading Andy has to be a 100% win for Cleveland.

There will be 0 major moves at (or before) the deadline. Andy won't be traded anywhere as he will ride out his contract here in Cleveland. The management isn't stupid, clearly, and they know they will never receive fair value for the guy. That's what I am hoping they are thinking, at least :chuckles:

I just can't wait to see us running that foul line extended pick & pop with Kendrick Perkins...

I just can't wait to see us running that foul line extended pick & pop with Kendrick Perkins...

Because THAT would be the reason to make the trade, not the young assets right? *eye roll*

I really, REALLY hope so. Still don't like the chances of us signing an all star in the offseason. By then all of those players will have been traded for and be "stuck" with their new teams. We need to jump the gun ourselves before it's too late.

I can see Boobie being traded, but I'm not sure that would qualify as a "major move." OKC isn't giving up Perkins unless they get another banger like him. Dwight Howard eats Andy for breakfast. OKC can get away with Perkins being just the enforcer because they have so much around him. They don't need him to be a "hub" in their offense. He wouldn't be nearly appreciated the way he is in CLE. Yes, he would bring them a lot, but the return wouldn't be enough to justify it all for CG. Everyone who wants to trade Andy believes he will breakdown, but noone knows. If Andy stays healthy all year, then what will these people say? Did anyone expect Z to make it through all those foot problems and end up having a good career the way he did?

If you consider trading Boobie Gibson for 1st round pick in the 20's major, then yes.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."