• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

This survey cannot be serious

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JDeezy

NBA Starter
Reaction score
This must be a hoax. Maybe everyone is in on the joke but me. The results of this survey frighten me.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/06/28/one-third-americans-believe-in-ufos-survey-says/

36% (!) of respondents believe in ET UFOs. 48% aren't sure (WTF?). Only 17% don't believe in ET visiting earth and flying around. 77% of those polled believe their are signs ET has visited.

It has to, HAS to be some ridiculously unscientific poll of just UFO-TV viewers. I can't actually find this poll they're talking about.

The results align with other modern studies of UFO belief. For example, a 2008 survey
external-link.png
of 1,003 adult Americans conducted by Scripps Howard News Service and Ohio University also found that a third of adults believe it's either very likely or somewhat likely that intelligent aliens from space have visited our planet. One in 12 said they had personally seen a mysterious object in the sky that they thought might have been an alien spaceship.

My god... what if this poll is accurate? I'm surrounded by hundreds of millions of delusional idiots!

December 21st can't come soon enough...

Last edited:
My guess is they are not polling OU students but residence of Athens and Vinton counties. Some of the dumbest people you will find in America.

I don't think there is evidence to prove Aliens have been to earth but I'd bet somewhere in the infinite realm of space, there is some form of life, intelligent or non-intelligent.

If there is evidence of extraterrestrial life on Earth, you can be damn sure the Government is hiding it from you.

As far as extraterrestrial life elsewhere, you can bet your ass there is. Believing anything else is rather short-sighted.

I think a person who believes in Buddha, Allah, Gaia or Jesus would have to at least be open to the possibility of UFOs. That would be a majority of the population.

Do I "believe" there are UFOs, no. Do I think there is a possibility, sure. From a religious or scientific standpoint, if there are billions of planet or stars in the universe, the probability of us being the only life form is amazingly small. If there is a God or lifeforce who created us and/or the Earth, who are we to say we are the only ones created?

This must be a hoax. Maybe everyone is in on the joke but me. The results of this survey frighten me.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/06/28/one-third-americans-believe-in-ufos-survey-says/

36% (!) of respondents believe in ET UFOs. 48% aren't sure (WTF?). Only 17% don't believe in ET visiting earth and flying around. 77% of those polled believe their are signs ET has visited.

It has to, HAS to be some ridiculously unscientific poll of just UFO-TV viewers. I can't actually find this poll they're talking about.

My god... what if this poll is accurate? I'm surrounded by hundreds of millions of delusional idiots!

December 21st can't come soon enough...

How do you know that you're not the delusional idiot?

According to Dan Akroyd, aliens already live amongst us, possibly disguised as humans :chuckles:

Nowhere have I mentioned the impossibility or improbability of extra-terrestrial life in the vastness of time and space, only the absurdity of alien abduction stories and UFO accounts.

So Theo....according to yourself, there may or may not be aliens.......but shoving anal probes up our asses is uncivilized of alien creatures...correct?

Just a little bit of talking points and food for thought

I would bet my life savings on there being extra terrestrial life in the universe. It is almost an impossibility for there not to be. The question is, what type of lifeform is it? Is it biological? Is it self aware? Is it just a bacteria of some sort? Who knows.

Now the question posed here assumes some type of sentient life that has visited Earth in the recent past. I would bet my life savings against it. Let me give you guys a good mental experiment on just how difficult it would be to locate life on Earth. Go to a beach and paint one grain of sand orange. Bury it and leave. Find Earth would be harder than a friend finding that orange grain of sand.

And that is just referencing the spatial improbability. There is also the temporal improbability. The universe is extremely old, and we are extremely young. Our presence has been but a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things. So now take that orange grain of sand, and have your friend try and find it. However, this time the grain of sand is only orange for less than one second during the course of the day. Pretty difficult proposition isn't it?

caf, I think along the same lines in terms of what kind of life is out there. Some type of bacteria seems very, very likely to me. And technically it would be an "alien."

UFO doesn't mean aliens. It's Unidentified Flying Object.

Shut the fuck up, goddamnit.

caf, I think along the same lines in terms of what kind of life is out there. Some type of bacteria seems very, very likely to me. And technically it would be an "alien."

Shut the fuck up, goddamnit.
Don't get short with me.

I hope UFOs are actually time travel vessels from the future... By that time, I hope we've figured out at least how to teleport. I'm trying to see the world before I die.

Nowhere have I mentioned the impossibility or improbability of extra-terrestrial life in the vastness of time and space, only the absurdity of alien abduction stories and UFO accounts.

It's reasonable to think that there is life in some small percentage of planets in the universe.

It's also reasonable to think that some small percentage of those planets have civilizations more advanced than we are. Perhaps by billions of years (the universe is about 9 billion years older than earth).

We have actually now sent a ship outside of our solar system (voyager 1) as well as multiple ships that have landed on other planets. if we don't destroy ourselves, how far will ships originating from earth be able to travel a thousand years from now? Or a million years from now? How about a billion years from now? Over the next billion years, isn't it reasonable to think ships from earth will visit other planets where there is life?

How can you be so certain that we haven't been visited by any civilization that is vastly more technologically advanced than we are. All it takes is one time for the 17% to be wrong.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."