• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Danny Green and Shannon Brown

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I wonder how they would fare if they were part of our second unit.
It's easier to play when you are surrounded by solid veteran players, and in Green's case, part of a well-oiled system.
yeah this

shannon brown is terrible...
and this

i like green way more than brown (lol), but in the grand scheme of things keeping either one would've had a negligible impact long-term. they are both easily replaceable. i'd rather focus on potential missed top 10 picks rather than undervaluing a role player.

But the thing is, they wouldn't have flourished into the players they are today if they would have stayed on the Cavs. They needed to go somewhere that can best develop them and utilize their talents.

But the thing is, they wouldn't have flourished into the players they are today if they would have stayed on the Cavs. They needed to go somewhere that can best develop them and utilize their talents.

That's one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that they needed to get let go a couple times before they figured out that they better start playing like their jobs depended on it if they wanted to play basket ball for a living.

That's one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that they needed to get let go a couple times before they figured out that they better start playing like their jobs depended on it if they wanted to play basket ball for a living.

Maybe true, but they can't even play if they aren't given a chance. Neither of them were even given a chance in Cleveland. I think your statement applies more for Shannon Brown though. I don't think Danny Green really had that much expectation to begin with. Shannon had a little more.

Brown had expectation and the physical tools to go with it, but his attitude was terrible. As if the FO was going to wait for him to grow up. in any case he has not been useful until lately, in what would certainly have been a post lebron era. even if we would have kept him on, we would have swept him out along with JJ in the first transition season.. Also we traded along with Larry I am a poison Hughes, Drew Gooden, Ira Newble and Donny Doughnuts Marshall, for Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally and Delonte plus the pick that became Danny Green. So i think we got the value out of Shannon we were going to get.

Danny Green is a bit different because we let him go when we clearly were keeping other players with no better performance and a lower ceiling. we wound up with Gee, who might have beat him out anyway, but also with Jawad Williams and Joey Graham. it is hard to argue that Anthony Parker was actually needed.... Plus we got nothing out of green and the spurs scooped him up.

If my Aunt had a dick she would be my Uncle.

Shannon Brown and Danny Green? So fucking what.

Danny Green worked really hard the offseason that Scott came to the Cavs. He added alot of things to his game and just needed time.

The spurs took a look at green and told him he needed more playing time than they could give him so he went overseas and was picked up by the team later in the season.

Greens training camp and preseason went pretty well except for his shooting. he was a solid defender and showed far more staying power than manny harris.

What Green did though was turn his cut into a positive and make the best of it.

Green explicitly said he didn't put it together until he got cut 2x. I think it says something about the front office that they recognized the talent, but were too impatient to develop. We are talking years of bad play until they figured it out

I really liked Danny Green coming out of college. I felt like he was the do-it-all on UNC, and he would really be a big player off the bench for the Cavs for many years to come.

And then we got rid of him and he started balling like I figured he would. Go figure.

EDIT: And Shannon Brown sucks. He looks too much like Chris Brown, who is a terrible "musician," so he sucks.

I remember being in the minority back during the epic "Manny Harris vs. Danny Green" post-LeBron debate, and I was in favor of keeping Green. Told you, suckers!!!!!!

Kidding, but I always thought Green had a place in the NBA and never thought Manny Harris did. Defense, IQ, threes. If you can bring all of those to the table then you can play real minutes for good teams in this league. Green would be a nice fit here right now. Certainly better than CJ miles.

It was a mistake for the Cavs to dump Green for a stiff like Manny Harris. Granted, it isn't a devastating one. But, Green would look nice as a 2 off of the bench. As for Brown, I've never been a big fan of him. He's athletic. But, he still doesn't have great handles and BB IQ.

It was a mistake for the Cavs to dump Green for a stiff like Manny Harris. Granted, it isn't a devastating one. But, Green would look nice as a 2 off of the bench. As for Brown, I've never been a big fan of him. He's athletic. But, he still doesn't have great handles and BB IQ.

It's been stated, but I'm not convinced at all that Green would have gotten it like he did if he would've stayed here. Sometimes, athletes (actually, people in general) just need a kick in the pants & a reality check for things to finally click for them.

It's been stated, but I'm not convinced at all that Green would have gotten it like he did if he would've stayed here. Sometimes, athletes (actually, people in general) just need a kick in the pants & a reality check for things to finally click for them.

That isn't an argument that I buy. At some point the Cavs management, coaching, someone should have to own up to that mistake. The Cavs either couldn't develop him or underestimated his ability. Either way, Green has turned out to be a decent player in the league and Harris is long gone. He's playing in the Ukranian league now for heaven's sake.

You can always argue that a player wouldn't have "gotten it" here when they go elsewhere and succeed. It bothers me that the Cavs threw away a decent young player for D league garbage like Harris. I happen to think that there is a reason the Spurs and Cavs are in their respective places in the league.

What the spurs did with green i arugably exactly the same as what the cavs did with Gee. They identified a guy who fit their team and helped him grow. You can't just look at the players we miss on without considering the other side. Its about right team and right time.

What the spurs did with green i arugably exactly the same as what the cavs did with Gee. They identified a guy who fit their team and helped him grow. You can't just look at the players we miss on without considering the other side. Its about right team and right time.

One way to look at it is that the Cavs swapped Green for Gee. Both were waived once before they stuck, but it is a crazy coincidence that they changed teams like that.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."