• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Are the Knicks for Real?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Is anyone for real after 6 games?

THIS!!!

The season is barely (if at all) a month old. The Knicks are playing extremely well to start the season, but as the saying goes its a marathon not a sprint. AND THEN the real season begins and you have to beat a team 4 out of 7 times. When that team is focused exclusively on you.

No one is beating the heat anyway. Shane battier is now Reggie miller somehow. Mike miller isn't limping. Oh and rashard Lewis is hitting 3s at a 60% rate. Wtf

No one is beating the heat anyway. Shane battier is now Reggie miller somehow. Mike miller isn't limping. Oh and rashard Lewis is hitting 3s at a 60% rate. Wtf

Is anyone for real after six games? :chuckles:

Is anyone for real after 6 games?

Knicks have 2 starters from the 2011 nba champions

3 All stars.

7 players on the roster in their primes.

4 15 year vets.

Token international 40 year old rookie from the Spanish league.

The Knicks definitely underachieved last year. A fast start bodes well for this team.

this is mike woodson coaching the team, he's meant for great seasons. playoff disasters.

J.R. Smith has been an absolute revelation so far. I gave up on him two years ago. He changes the dynamic of that team. Adds a dimension that I didn't think they would have.

No they aren't that good. They will be set up to fail by the media though. Because of their hot start, everyone will expect them to be there in the end. However; when they lose in the 2nd round they will be set up for a huge backlash.

Originally Posted by Tlyons
Is anyone for real after six games?

10 games?

Anthony has always been a player with terrific skills and shitty focus. It appears that he is more interested in winning that weed this year

Winning that weed?

stoned-ice-cube.gif

Anyone who doesnt take notice to their start and who they have beaten is just being a hater. They look good. Is it sustainable? Time will tell, but they are playing very well together.

IIRC the Raptors started out like 5-0 one year when Bosh was there, and then missed the playoffs... I seem to remember the Hawks starting out 5-0 for like two years in a row, and finishing as a middle of the pack playoff team.

This is the NBA where players can click for a couple of weeks, and some players can be hot for a month. It just so happens that the knicks are going through that to start the year...

We will certainly find out tonight.

IIRC the Raptors started out like 5-0 one year when Bosh was there, and then missed the playoffs... I seem to remember the Hawks starting out 5-0 for like two years in a row, and finishing as a middle of the pack playoff team.

This is the NBA where players can click for a couple of weeks, and some players can be hot for a month. It just so happens that the knicks are going through that to start the year...

yes that Toronto team was every beat as talented and experienced as the knicks.. look I dont like the knicks, Dolan is a mad man. Ownership doesnt support their coaches over the players and Carmelo is a spoiled brat.

but the team did bring in some experienced vets who carmelo has to respect and woodson will let carmelo do what he wants and stroke his ego. but im not saure how some with a straight face can say the knicks suck and will prove it with a second round exit which would makle them one of the top 4 teams in the conference.

4th best tam in the conference is a long stride from last year.

Knicks struggled with Memphis big men but so did okc and miami. Having Amare would help in that regard. big third quarter by Memphis.

Knicks struggled with Memphis big men but so did okc and miami. Having Amare would help in that regard. big third quarter by Memphis.

I dont think Amare is going to change that dynamic much. If they can beat up Chandler and Sheed, they can take a wounded Stat. Memphis starters owned the game especially inside. Z-Bo is on fire, this Gasol is better than the other one, and Gay is solid at the three. Tony Allen is not my favorite player, but Ellington seems to be improving, and Wroten is finally getting a minute or two. Barring injury, Memphis will be a factor. I think this will be another vector to OKC to make a move. No way Ibaka can handle Memphis inside alone.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."