• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kings Staying Put (was Sonics coming back)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Seattle building new NBA arena

Some plans released today;

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/First-conceptual-designs-Seattle-Arena--179694741.html

NBA mode:
SODO_Arena_concept_design_b.jpg

NHL mode:
SODO_Arena_concept_design_h.jpg

Concert mode:
SODO_Arena_concep_design_co.jpg

:thumbup:

Well, based on all the facts that have been presented throughout this thread. I guess we can assume that a team WILL be in Seattle sooner or later.

No one is going to plan and start to invest Tons of money into a "Maybe" sports facility.

Now the true question comes out. Which team will be relocated? Also, how can the Cavs pilfer them for their players?

Now the true question comes out. Which team will be relocated?

Seattle receives; the Cleveland Cavaliers franchise
Cleveland receives; the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise
Columbus receives; absolutely nothing

Seattle receives; the Cleveland Cavaliers franchise
Cleveland receives; the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise
Columbus receives; absolutely nothing

I'd probably kill myself if this happened.

Now add a team in KC and use the Sprint Center, that way it will be even in the West and East :)

Had an idea. Do you think NBA will expand to Seattle in 2014? Give them first pick in the draft, Andrew Wiggins, and let them start with that? Conspiracy? :detective

Had an idea. Do you think NBA will expand to Seattle in 2014? Give them first pick in the draft, Andrew Wiggins, and let them start with that? Conspiracy? :detective

The NBA isn't going to expand that quickly. It'd take another two teams to even things out, anyway. They've had more talks about contraction than expansion, so I don't think you'll see any teams added until they add a conference overseas. That said, I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about the Sacramento Kings making the move a bit north to Seattle. It makes all the sense in the world. They could be in the same division, it wouldn't cost as much financially (or in realignment) to move to Seattle, either. If the situation in Sacramento can't get resolved by the summer of 2013 and the Seattle arena shows progress, look for that to become a more talked about idea.

Bro if there is any conspiracy in the NBA draft then Toronto will undoubtedly get Wiggins in 2014. What better way to make a team like Toronto relevant than to give them a hometown hero with superstar potential. If it had half the success Cleveland and LeBron did, than it would be a success, and it would bring basketball to the fore front of Canadian society if he became a superstar.

Edit: The conspiracy will continue to evolve this year when for the third year in a row a franchise that lost it's superstar gets the first overall pick (Orlando). Toronto will get its payback for losing Bosh in the form of a hometown hero.

If Kobe retires in 2014 after his current contract is up, then we will see the Lakers get the first overall pick in the following draft.

That's how you do a conspiracy amigo.

Last edited:

Sonics are back, bitches!

Edit: sorry Kings fans.

Re: Sonics coming back?

I feel sooo much better about us getting that pick now that this team is in the hands of new owners. Will be nice to have the Sonics back, I missed that green and yellow.

Why in the heck didn't Kansas City try to get the Kings? Kansas needs an NBA team!! And it would be back to the old Kansas City Kings, and that sounds cool and makes sense.

Awesome! Couldn't be happier for Seattle.

I'm glad Seattle is getting a team back, but it sucks that it's coming at the expense of Kings fans.

At least they're not moving to Vegas...

You would think being Cleveland fans we would all know what it is like to lose a team and maybe show a little support for Sacramento. The Magoofs are the biggest trash in the nba. All the money was committed from investors, the nba and the magoofs agreed upon it, then they come back and say they don't want to spend three million dollars for a new arena. Now that they can't get anybody to give them a free arena, they bail. They pay Travis Outlaw three million dollars to rot on the bench, yet they couldn't pony up that kind of cash for a state of the art arena?

These guys are grade A clowns that have no business owning a lemonade stand, let alone a sports franchise. They have done nothing but lie to the Sacramento community. They will just squander this cash just like they did Daddy's money. Remember when they were so heart broken by selling the rockets and they would never sell the Kings? Everything that comes out of their mouth is a lie. Cleveland is very fortunate to have such a passionate owner in Dan Gilbert.

Yeah, it is cool that Seattle gets a team again, but it is at the expense of another hurting franchise that has over 70 years of history and 28 years in Sacramento.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."