• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Glad We Dodged the Bynum Bullet Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I mentioned this on another board, but i'm incredibly happy Grant passed. First off the trade we heard about was terrible for us long term, and secondly just imagine that we would be 0-10 right now with Andy not on this team... By the time Bynum actually came back from injury, if he could stay healthy the rest of the year, we would be looking at the 9th seed in the East because he would have missed nearly half the season, and barring some epic prime Oscar Robertson level of play from Kyrie we would be lucky to have ten wins by the time Bynum came back making it incredibly uphill for us to make a playoff push since we would have to go .800 or so the rest of the year to make it.

I feel bad for whatever team offers him the max next year.

I seem to remember a few people around here who weren't completely on board with the Bynum trade specifically because of his knee issues. Those people were then ridiculed by the posters who thought such a point of view was ridiculous.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

I seem to remember a few people around here who weren't completely on board with the Bynum trade specifically because of his knee issues. Those people were then ridiculed by the posters who thought such a point of view was ridiculous.

this recent setback has more to do with his immaturity (who mentioned that?!) than his "knee issues" tho

if he weren't an immature dumbass who didn't take rehab/basketball seriously, this setback wouldn't have occurred.

found on realgm

k5laP.gif

And another one....

Bynum-Bowling.gif

this recent setback has more to do with his immaturity (who mentioned that?!) than his "knee issues" tho

if he weren't an immature dumbass who didn't take rehab/basketball seriously, this setback wouldn't have occurred.

I don't think that you can prove the two things are exclusive... Unless of course you think Bynum coming to Cleveland would have completely changed his entire personality, i.e. his immaturity.

Maybe we should sign him down the road in a "Walton in Boston" type scenario?

Seriously? Bynum's knees were and are a red-flag that no sane fan can ignore, about all you could do is hope they'd stabilized and would stop giving him problems -or- that he's worth the max regardless of whether he can only play 3/4 of most seasons.

What's just shocking is that they started giving him problems before the season even started, but maybe he'll just miss his usual 20-30 games and play out the season?

Damn. I kept Bynum in a keeper league this year...since I drafted him low last season. Consider dropping him??? (What a waste!)

From max to mid-level exception max

I wonder what the guy will get next year if he comes back strong this year....Those knees are scary

From max to mid-level exception max

Oh you'd better believe that if he plays the rest of the season when he comes back he is damned well getting a max deal. Someone will be willing to take the gamble on him, and I hope to god it isn't us... He may be the biggest free agent signing in Cleveland history, but he would be a 7' Larry Hughes most likely.

However, I do agree that if he comes back, and can't "prove" he can stay healthy than he will be lucky to get an 8 million offer. You can bet the Heat are licking their chops in that scenario...

Former teammate says no one likes basketball less than Andrew Bynum

Things haven’t been going well for Andrew Bynum since joining the Sixers. He has yet to make his debut for the team thanks to a bone bruise in his knee, and his timetable to return seems to be getting continually pushed back.

And then there was the bowling.

When star athletes struggle like this in a new city, even under legitimate circumstances like the original injury, local media tends to pile on. Philadelphia is no different, and might even be tougher on its athletes than most.

So with that in mind, we bring you this wonderful snippet from CBSPhilly.com, where SLAM Magazine’s Tzvi Twersky shared what he heard from one of Bynum’s former teammates.

“I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].”

“The disclaimer is, I don’t know Andrew like that. From what I hear, he’s a good guy,” Twersky said. “But the fact that I heard this from a guy who has played with him before, it kind of made me think, ‘what’s going on here exactly?’ That’s not the kind of a guy that I necessarily want to be maxing out.”

Welp.

Obviously, a player’s drive and motivation to perform on the court are extremely important factors in his success, and something that the fans look to as much as anything when trying to evaluate someone new to the organization.

The good news for Bynum is, all he has to do is play like he cares, and like the All-Star he was last season in Los Angeles for all the negativity to disappear. Just don’t expect that to happen until he actually makes his way back to the court — a date which continues to be a question mark.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-one-likes-basketball-less-than-andrew-bynum/

may be out for the season and will learn in December, at the earliest, whether he’ll require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year.

http://www.delawareonline.com/proar...6ers-bynum-likely-out-season?pagerestricted=1

My god... Glad doesn't begin to describe how happy I am we didn't make that trade. I would have been less depressed if we had drafted Barnes...

For reference here is what I said when Barnes was a possibility at #4...

I'll be stepping away for ever if this team drafts Barnes. At 6 he is a good pick, at 4 he is garbage. If all you want out of a top 5 pick in a supposedly deep draft is Shane Battier than more power to you, but i'd prefer to get a potential all star.

Not that I would have quit this team forever if we traded for Bynum, but the depression of us drafting a role player was setting in at that point. Now that Bynum would possibly never play a game as a Cav the depression would be worse after we traded all of our assets for him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."