• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Changes to Browns introductions...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=8241

Jimmy Haslam III was very direct with his intentions from his first press conference in Berea. He said he wanted to improve the team on the field, the game day experience, and the marketing of the Browns. While improvement of the team will start at the end of this season, the other two points could start next week when the Browns host the Pittsburgh Steelers.

A source inside the Browns organization told ESPN Cleveland that Haslam has contracted the same company that puts on the pyrotechnics display for player introductions in Baltimore. His objective, as another source told me, is to make the Browns pre-game player introductions among the very best in the NFL.

The source said that the pyrotechnics company was actually on the field testing displays this week and the plan is to implement them for the Browns’ final three home games.

So I guess in that phone call with Dan Gilbert, Dan said "Well Jim, you can never have enough fire when introducing your players. Never."

This is so awesome... He is just dumping money into the team and I love it.

Introducing better players would work too..

This should improve the run defense.

I think the biggest thing to take away from this is it will get the Players more fired up to play IMO, Something this Browns team needs.

Fitting post, considering your username....

I hope they save some of that fire for Pat Shurmur.

I'm picturing something like this: [video=youtube;htRHj3tyYyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRHj3tyYyo[/video]

"Mr. Haslam, my game plan was perfect!"

Nobody is even in the stadium for the introductions. Browns fans don't enter the stadium until mid first quarter.

Did anyone make a point to get in early to see the intros? I'm interested in seeing what the difference was.

Did anyone make a point to get in early to see the intros? I'm interested in seeing what the difference was.

Not really much of one. They introduced the ST unit rather than the offensive starters, that was a welcome change, as Dawson deserved some attention. They rolled out two large towers which intermittently spat out fire, though it seemed uncoordinated, and in such a large open space it didn't have much effect. Of course, I sit in the dawg pound on the opposite end of the tunnel, it may have seemed a lot more impressive to people on the other side of the bowl.

Overall, it seemed like it was a small thing added in. I suspect any significant changes won't happen until next year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."