• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UncleDrew

Potential Legendary
Reaction score
15 - Shabazz Muhammad UCLA

Birthday: 11/13/93
NBA Position: Small Forward
Class: Freshman
Ht: 6-6
Wt: 225
Hometown: Las Vegas, NV
High School: Bishop Gorman
Team Site Profile

Statistics

Athleticism: 10
Size: 8
Defense: 7
Strength: 8
Quickness: 8
Leadership: 8
Jump Shot: 9
NBA Ready: 8
Ball Handling: 7
Potential: 9
Passing: 7
Intangibles: 8

Overall:97

2013 Mock: 2
Big Board: 4

NBA Comparison: James Harden/Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Strengths: Left handed SG with elite level speed, athleticism and skills ... Great scorer who can fill it up in a variety of ways ... Very smart, intense individual who is highly motivated and driven to be great ... Mature offensive game, already has a strong NBA body, INCREDIBLE length (appears to have a wingspan in the neighborhood of 7-feet), is a man amongst boys, very athletic and explosive ... Quick first step and handle make him difficult to contain one on one ... Improving jumpshot and handle, wired to score the ball, can physically dominate his opponents, pull up jumper and ability to put the ball on the floor have improved considerably ... Box game is very advanced for his age ... Great on the offensive glass for a 2 guard ... Knows how to work the baseline and score, terrific in transition, hard worker ... Shows signs of having a killer instinct and will assertively get on his teammates when they're not living up to his expectations ... The most prolific scorer in the country ...

Weaknesses: Has improved his jumpshot but still needs some work to become more automatic ... Relies too much on his strength ... Needs to look to impact the game in other areas besides scoring ... Too left hand dominant, ball tends to stop when it gets in his hands ... Not a great creator for teammates ... Can lose focus sometimes if not involved enough offensively ... Handle needs to tighten up. Not great at creating shots off the dribble ... Prone to offensive fouls, needs to continue to round out his overall game ...

Overall: Muhammad is a terrific long term prospect ... He can score the ball in his sleep and is just scratching the surface of his ability ... Once he improves the consistency on his jumpshot he will almost be impossible to defend, great work ethic and drive to succeed will take him a long way ...

To be fair, this one was first.

Although I think an elite big man would be nice, Shabazz possibly excites me more than any other player right now. He just looks like a great scoring prospect at the 3 who could be a potential great defender as well due to his length and athleticism. He'd also be the perfect compliment to Alonzo.

So this is the first dick everyone who doesn't watch basketball will jump on :chuckles:

Shabazz plays with alot of enrgy and tanacious defense and before anyone says the guy cant play SF he is the same height as Gee and has a longer wingspan than Gee with more quickness and speed

Liked what I saw in limited action. I think his jumper has a chance to be very good. Good mechanics and good lift. Love his slashing and ability to finish with the left hand. I was originally not apart of the tank team this year, but after Irving's injury and getting a glimpse of the Fresh Prince from Polly I am all in for Stink for Shabazz!

Shabazz plays with alot of enrgy and tanacious defense and before anyone says the guy cant play SF he is the same height as Gee and has a longer wingspan than Gee with more quickness and speed
Draftexpress has bazz at 6'4 and a half and gee at 6'5" and a half. Shabazz would be a very small, small forward. He does have a lot of athleticism and appears to have a fairly strong build though.

I would like to see what happens when he is forced to go right. Every clip i have ever seen of him is him beating guys left and then dunking. He has a nice little post up game with some baby hooks and floaters when he cant get all the way to the hoop(this is something i would like dion to learn). Again, I would like to see him try and use his right hand on these finishes.

Last edited:
How the hell is he similar to Harden while being similar to MKG? Lol some random shit

How the hell is he similar to Harden while being similar to MKG? Lol some random shit
I think because he supposedly competes very hard defensively. He is a little bit slimmer and more athletic than harden (who is pretty dang athletic). If he has some breathing room bazz is going to try and jam it. His athleticism is pretty impressive.

Flea.jpg

15 - Shabazz Muhammad UCLA

Birthday: 11/13/93
NBA Position: Small Forward
Class: Freshman
Ht: 6-6
Wt: 225
Hometown: Las Vegas, NV
High School: Bishop Gorman
Team Site Profile

Statistics

Athleticism: 10
Size: 8
Defense: 7
Strength: 8
Quickness: 8
Leadership: 8
Jump Shot: 9
NBA Ready: 8
Ball Handling: 7
Potential: 9
Passing: 7
Intangibles: 8

Overall:97

2013 Mock: 2
Big Board: 4

NBA Comparison: James Harden/Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Strengths: Left handed SG with elite level speed, athleticism and skills ... Great scorer who can fill it up in a variety of ways ... Very smart, intense individual who is highly motivated and driven to be great ... Mature offensive game, already has a strong NBA body, INCREDIBLE length (appears to have a wingspan in the neighborhood of 7-feet), is a man amongst boys, very athletic and explosive ... Quick first step and handle make him difficult to contain one on one ... Improving jumpshot and handle, wired to score the ball, can physically dominate his opponents, pull up jumper and ability to put the ball on the floor have improved considerably ... Box game is very advanced for his age ... Great on the offensive glass for a 2 guard ... Knows how to work the baseline and score, terrific in transition, hard worker ... Shows signs of having a killer instinct and will assertively get on his teammates when they're not living up to his expectations ... The most prolific scorer in the country ...

Weaknesses: Has improved his jumpshot but still needs some work to become more automatic ... Relies too much on his strength ... Needs to look to impact the game in other areas besides scoring ... Too left hand dominant, ball tends to stop when it gets in his hands ... Not a great creator for teammates ... Can lose focus sometimes if not involved enough offensively ... Handle needs to tighten up. Not great at creating shots off the dribble ... Prone to offensive fouls, needs to continue to round out his overall game ...

Overall: Muhammad is a terrific long term prospect ... He can score the ball in his sleep and is just scratching the surface of his ability ... Once he improves the consistency on his jumpshot he will almost be impossible to defend, great work ethic and drive to succeed will take him a long way ...

NBADraft.net? Ew...

Sorry guys, I got my information from NBAdraft.net. That's where my previous threads' info was from.

Shabazz looks like a SG to me, I don't see a SF, he may be able to get away with it but I think he'll be best suited playing the 2. I see the Harden comparison, I don't think Shabazz is as good of a ball handler right now though. He is definitely explosive, he's got burst, it stands out right away. This kid will probably be the #1 pick in the draft.

I'm more curious as how Kyle Anderson continues to grow tbh

With Anderson's size and ability to bring the ball up/initate the offense Anderson would be interesting at SF because it would allow both KI and Dion to play off ball....Just a thought

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."