• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Favorite Non-Cavalier Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

blommen

Pissing Excellence
Reaction score
The recent O.J. Mayo thread inspired me to open a thread where we can post about the progress of our favorite non-cavaliers. Mods feel free to delete the thread if it's unnecessary or if you can't start a thread like this without or permission (gee, i really should read the forum posting rules at some point...)

this thread is off to a good start, how about at least offer some of your own insight up to kick it off?

^^^ great idea! well sadly, my favorite non-cavalier Brandon is looking like dried dog shit at the moment. sad really, I still remember how he torched the suns or the numerous epic game winners. 5.8 points on 31% shooting is not a worthy end to such a great player.

My favorite NC is old school....Magic. I always loved the way he played the game and was a mismatch nightmare at all moments with his size and court vision. He was allot of fun to watch on the court. Still think he doesnt get his dues, really has to be considered at the same level as Jordan. 5 rings, 12 all star games, 10 1st team all NBA 3 MVP's, 3 final's MVP's and 2 all star game MVP's.

Think mine is a tie between Rajon Rondo and Kobe Bryant.

Rondo gives you everything you want in a basketball player. He can dish it out, rebound, defend, and score effectively. He's everywhere on the basketball court, and that's exactly what you want in a player. I think I became a bigger fan of his during the Heat series when his elbow got dislocated, and he came back to win that game. That, right there, took enough guts and pride to win me over as an NBA fan.

Kobe Bryant is obvious. He's arguably a top 3 basketball player of all-time, and he's always been able to excite me as a fan. He's accomplished a lot in his career, from NBA championships, to an MVP season, scoring titles, etc. There's not much more you can say to defend why Bryant would be anyone's favorite player, he speaks for himself.

As a wild card, I'd toss in Amar'e Stoudemire. Always been a big fan of his, during his time with the Suns and Steve Nash he was a dominate forward.

Last edited:
CavsRules, I fully expected you to say some obscure streetball guy with a very low bball IQ.

Those seem to be the guys to get you all excited.

JR Smith, Nick Young, Wilson Chandler would all carry the torch for Larry Hughes well for you

Jason Kidd.

I'm a huge fan of any player that masters the way the game should be played. Its only a small handful of players, and Jason Kidd is one of them.

Jordan.

He ripped my heart out on multiple seasons, but I just couldn't help but appreciate his greatness.

Stone. Cold. Killer.

My favorite non cav used to be a Cav, I have always loved Andre Millers game and he was always a low key, low maintenance kind of guy. Give me 15 players on a roster like him and you are in a good setup.

My favorite non-Cav is Tayshaun Prince. I've liked him ever since he played at Kentucky. He always struck me as a non-flashy, intelligent player who just went about his business quietly while playing tough defense... and those are the kinds of players I respect.

Tim Duncan. No BS with him. Just produces and has consistently been one of the best players in the league his whole career. Might be one of the most under appreciated and under publicized great players in the history of the game.
Oh yea, he also wins championships and has stayed with the same team his whole career.

Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan easily...

CavsRules, I fully expected you to say some obscure streetball guy with a very low bball IQ.

Those seem to be the guys to get you all excited.

JR Smith, Nick Young, Wilson Chandler would all carry the torch for Larry Hughes well for you
Everything comes with age. Understanding the game more is an important measurement in terms of why I like players like Rondo and Bryant.

Liked Larry Hughes since I was a little child, as I grow older I appreciate the game more and the players that play it, well, better. Plus, he's basically retired now. :chuckles:

act_rudy_gay.jpg

Rudy Gay plays hard and well on the most grit-and-grind team in the league (*cough cough* best team right now *cough cough*) He has always impressed me as a small forward and always guards the other teams best perimeter player (guarded Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Dirk, and Anthony). If he, Randolph, and Gasol truly figure out how to play together, they are going to be stellar. I like Memphis as a top three team in the West this year, and Gay and Randolph learning to play together is a big reason why.

And it has NOTHING to do with this, I'm sure...

1387922_o.gif

Followed by...

Dirk-Nowitzki-2011-NBA-Finals-Miami-vs-Mavs-Game-2_photo_medium.jpg

I always admired Dirk. Even though he's from Germany, he adapted to Dallas and made it his home. He wasn't always a great player. He struggled mightily his first few years in the league. But more grooming and shooting proved to be key as Dirk is a Hall-of-Famer who will be known as one of the top 25 NBA players by his retirement ceremony. He led his underdog Mavericks team through Portland (whom some thought would take Dallas out), Los Angeles (the defending champs) and Oklahoma City (rising up-and-coming young team with the second-best player in the game) before a rematch with the team that bested him five years earlier. Coming in as huge underdogs, Dirk had to put all media doubt aside and focus on how to defend LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. "Miami in 5" "Miami in 6" "Heat will sweep". Dirk had heard it all. Almost nobody had his team winning however. He proved to the world that he was clutch, bringing his best out for 5 games (not including the first one which Miami won handily) and completing the championship run. Truly admirable considering he was a free agent the summer before and could have bailed Dallas, leaving them like the Cavs or Raptors. I know LeBron got his title last year, but I truly believe Dirk owning him in 2011 changed his [LeBron's] psyche for the better. Dirk will always be admired by me as someone who put it all aside and just played the game how it should be played.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."