• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Favorite Non-Cavalier Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Manu Ginobili.

I love his basketball IQ and his all-around game. But I like him even more for the uncanny flashiness and his obvious love for the game.

Andrew Bynum

"Non-Cavalier" being the key factor in this decision

[video=youtube;7qoSXxWHV7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qoSXxWHV7Q[/video]

C-Webb one of my past favorites. Rondo is my current. Amazing how he impacts the game so much without being able to shoot at all.

Non-Cavs past, recent and current.
Retired: Larry Bird. Did everything and did it well. (Mostly respect him, actually hated him when he played)
Semi-current: Dwayne Wade (before the big 3). Did everything he could to just win. Now, he can kiss my ass.
Current: Nick Batum. Guy is all over the place and can guard 3 positions effectively. (Living in Portland and get to see him all the time)

Based on play, Stephen H. Nash.

Based on personality, Delonte West.

My favorite non cav used to be a Cav, I have always loved Andre Millers game and he was always a low key, low maintenance kind of guy. Give me 15 players on a roster like him and you are in a good setup.

Yes, I have always loved Miller's game too. Great basketball IQ, excellent court vision, versatile and low key, as you mentioned.

Old school, I loved Mo Cheeks (the prototypical PG, always knew how to dictate the pace, fast or slow, and finding ways to get his teammates involved).

Another one is Sarunas Marciulionis. Great outside shot, but could also weave his way to the hole.
He'd have no free throw ritual, no dribble, not rolling the ball, just get the ball from the ref, take a deep breath and boom; money.

Last edited:
Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson

Big time Derrick Rose fan. His playoff series vs the Indiana Pacers in '10 was incredible. His acceleration down the court is unmatched by anyone other than Russell Westbrook. Rose is also the best finisher around the hoop when he's healthy. Obviously I like small dudes that can dunk, but Derrick Rose throws the fuck down.

I'm also a big fan of players that can jump equally high off a one foot takeoff or a two foot plant. Kyrie is up there with Rose in terms of finishing ability, but Rose's explosion definitely gives him an edge. Rose has a very underrated handle and his teardrop shots are sensational.

Outside of Rose, I like Durant because I think he's got the perfect build for playing basketball. LeBron can never shoot like KD because he is so muscle bound. If God wanted to recreate himself as an NBA player he should make a combination of Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant.

Also a big time Larry Bird guy. Respect guys that put their heart and soul into it. LeBron is just fucking lucky to have been blessed with that physique. Bird's physique was nothing special, but his ability to play the game and mental toughness took him to the promised land (along with a great team in Boston).

If LBJ had a body like Bird he'd be like Chandler Parsons, only a better passer. I don't believe James has even a fraction of the mental ability of guys like Bird and MJ who used their mental discipline to will their team to the win.

I have always enjoyed watching Rajon Rondo (athletic freak), Ray Allen (even though he is on the Heat, his shot is a beauty), Dirk (the most polished player I have ever seen, uses his tools to perfection), Parker (speedster and crafty), Paul Pierce (wily) and Ben Gordon (for his old flashes of pure scoring). This is definitely a weird list that is largely devoid of big men.

I have always strongly disliked watching Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Gilbert Arenas, Gasol, and Jameer Nelson. The list can definitely go on. There is no underlying rationality to it, and it is clear I dislike watching far more players in this league that I like. This says more about me than those players.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."