• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Changing underwear by the staff

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RikSmits

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I also raised this topic in the Omri Casspi thread I started some time ago and which was titled: Omri Casspi; a fresh start? The last word ("start") was changed by someone to "fish".

Is it normal that someone - I assume someone from the staff - can change the thread title you made and turn it into something quite different and apparently derogatory even without informing the original poster?
I find that wrong, misleading and insulting. It's still shown as my thread, so the title will be ascribed to me. You either delete content you don't like, you leave it untouched or you change it and make it clear to everyone that you ahve changed it, not the original poster.

I try to respect the site rules, and if this is possible, so be it. But there is enough negativity going on on these threads as is, and if the staff wants to actively promote that, I'm puzzled and disappointed.

Re: Changing thread titles by the staff

Speaking of the Casspi thread: I'm getting a malware alert from Chrome when I try to enter it

Speaking of the Casspi thread: I'm getting a malware alert from Chrome when I try to enter it

I deleted the image (from zipmeme.com) that I think was causing that problem. If not, let me know.

As for thread titles, they get changed all of the time for various reasons (correction, clarification, anti-jinx, left-handed-layup-optimism, and snarkiness). My opinion is that the original title remains accurate for the Casspi thread, but titles have never been static, and there are a lot of moderators...

I deleted the image (from zipmeme.com) that I think was causing that problem. If not, let me know.

As for thread titles, they get changed all of the time for various reasons (correction, clarification, anti-jinx, left-handed-layup-optimism, and snarkiness). My opinion is that the original title remains accurate for the Casspi thread, but titles have never been static, and there are a lot of moderators...

Thank you for the reply, wuck, and for changing back the title.

However, that does not solve nor change the principle of the matter.

If moderators can change thread titles which are still attributed to the original poster and, in the same vein, change content of posts without it being absolutely clear that it was done:
1) either with consent of the original poster; or
2) with clear text attached to it that the original text was changed by a moderator and for what reason
it is unacceptable to me.

This is a dangerous slippery slope of manipulation and in principle allows moderators to change content by myself or any other poster while others will believe he/she wrote that changed content. Using moderator's powers to delete posts is your prerogative; to manipulate posts is simply wrong.

I think we need to have a sit down discussion and vote accordingly.....

I am launching a full investigation into this matter. Expect results in January of 2013.

BTW, total Max move....

Thank you for the reply, wuck, and for changing back the title.

However, that does not solve nor change the principle of the matter.

If moderators can change thread titles which are still attributed to the original poster and, in the same vein, change content of posts without it being absolutely clear that it was done:
1) either with consent of the original poster; or
2) with clear text attached to it that the original text was changed by a moderator and for what reason
it is unacceptable to me.

This is a dangerous slippery slope of manipulation and in principle allows moderators to change content by myself or any other poster while others will believe he/she wrote that changed content. Using moderator's powers to delete posts is your prerogative; to manipulate posts is simply wrong.

I think you are taking this a little too seriously. We're a loose group and usually just do it for fun. If someone changes your thread title and you don't like it, let us know and we'll change it back...like we just did. Most people enjoy Pip's humor and we rarely ever get a complaint.

I thought it was better than Assfingers. Sometimes you have to take the little victories, Rik.

I think you are taking this a little too seriously. We're a loose group and usually just do it for fun. If someone changes your thread title and you don't like it, let us know and we'll change it back...like we just did. Most people enjoy Pip's humor and we rarely ever get a complaint.

Maybe, I am. But again, this isn't about ridiculing Casspi (I've gotten used to that) but about the principle of the matter. So I think you don't take it seriously enough.

If you stance is that yes, the moderators can change your text without your assent or without it being clear that someone else has changed your text, I will respect that. But in that case I will ask you to delete my account immediately after I've done my lasy gamethread, because I will not post anymore on this site, as much as I like it.

Max hit the nail on the head. It's something we have always done and will continue to do if there is humor to be found. All you have to do is PM one of us and it will be changed back. We're sorry to see you go and we won't hold you to your obligations of doing game day threads. Just let me know via PM or this thread of your final decision about being removed from RCF and I'll make it happen one way or the other.

- Ben

Can I have his rep points ?

Max hit the nail on the head. It's something we have always done and will continue to do if there is humor to be found. All you have to do is PM one of us and it will be changed back. We're sorry to see you go and we won't hold you to your obligations of doing game day threads. Just let me know via PM or this thread of your final decision about being removed from RCF and I'll make it happen one way or the other.

- Ben
Your game, your rules. Pity.

Like I posted, I'll request you to delete my account after I've done my last gamethread (second Kings game).
I've committed to them, I will do them properly.

Thanks.

LOL. Talk about a complete and utterly absurd reaction. I don't think I have ever, EVER seen a moderator edit a post to make it say something else unless the post in question was breaking the rules (for example, wuck has edited out personal information I've posted of others in my posts). So they edit a couple thread titles here and there. Big deal. That happens everywhere.

This site has one of the loosest atmospheres I've ever seen on the internet. If you have to take it super seriously all the time, then man, get off the internet and read some books.

Rik, while I tend to agree with your complaint in principle, around these parts you have to have:

1) a good sense of humor
2) a thick skin at times
3) a willingness to go with the flow

Basically, you shouldn't expect strict standards of journalistic and editorial integrity to be adhered to here. Think of RCF as a cyber-version of a bunch of guys getting together after work, downing some cold ones, and talking about their favorite team. If you do that, you'll have a much more enjoyable experience here.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."