• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Shapiro *Allegedly* Inserts Foot In Mouth

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The point of the front office is to put a good product on the field and make the fan experience as exciting as possible regardless of what they're doing on the field.\

Not sure his quote had much to do with the product on the field as much as it's going to come off.

But at the end of the day, Cleveland fans aren't going to buy tickets regardless of the product on the field...many have been more than clear on that.

If true, just more lack of accountability. Putting it on the fans, rather than looking in the mirror and seeing the terrible job the FO has done.

Thought I was still in the Suns/Cavs board. :chuckles:

Last edited:
Andy already at 14-13 with six offensive boards.

Regardless of the record of this team, he better be in the All-Star game. He deserves it more than Kyrie, and obviously anybody else.

Can he play 1st?

Last edited:
If true, just more lack of accountability. Putting it on the fans, rather than looking in the mirror and seeing the terrible job the FO has done.

And I'd assume this will be the out of context response from people who didn't listen to the interview.

But at the end of the day, Cleveland fans aren't going to buy tickets regardless of the product on the field...many have been more than clear on that.

False.

Seriously, if the Indians can consistently put a winner out there people will show up. Fans aren't going to show up when they suck.

True.

And recent history as shown just that.

They were a couple games away from having three straight winning seasons, never climbed higher than 23rd.

Probably wont get much higher if they won in each of the next 3-4 years either.

Just basic market economics. Nothing we don't already know given a look around to other teams in the league.

You can write this down right now;

we win this season, attendance will go up
we win next season, attendance will go up
we win the season after that, we will be retiring a different number for "the fans"

Indians need to just move to Utah.... They're turning into the Montreal Expos...

Indians need to just move to Utah.... They're turning into the Montreal Expos...

Mormons don't care about any sports other than basketball, which they love. Seriously, a friend of mine is a Mormon and his church had a full size basketball court with wood floors in it. His parents had the keys to the church, we used to go out and play ball there with a group of friends at midnight.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."