• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Omri Casspi: Twinkle Toes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soda

Listen To The Kids!
Reaction score
I saw that the other threads dedicated to speaking on this Cavs player had been either buried or deleted.

In his 13 minutes last night, he shot decent. Problem is, he just looks out of place on the floor. I've also seen that there are so many times where he is on his tip-toes dancing around, but he's not necessarily being productive. I just pray that we get a Sacramento pick because as it stands, I think JJ Hickson would have more value on the Cavs.

JJ Hickson was a cancer to this team, good riddance getting rid of him.

I saw that the other threads dedicated to speaking on this Cavs player had been either buried or deleted.

In his 13 minutes last night, he shot decent. Problem is, he just looks out of place on the floor. I've also seen that there are so many times where he is on his tip-toes dancing around, but he's not necessarily being productive. I just pray that we get a Sacramento pick because as it stands, I think JJ Hickson would have more value on the Cavs.

You wanted to pay JJ what he wanted? Not me.

Casspi has the worst ballhandling ability I've ever seen in an NBA SF. He looks like... well... me out there trying to control my dribble and get past NBA defenders.

Seriously, he dribbles ridiculously high and every single bounce of the ball appears to command his utmost concentration. It's just hilarious and tragic and wildly frustrating to watch.

You wanted to pay JJ what he wanted? Not me.

I'm not sure anyone would pay JJ what he wants at this point, even if he is putting up decent numbers in Portland. Right now he is on a 1 year 4 mil deal. Sounds about right to me. I wouldn't mind JJ on the Cavs for 4 mil a year. I guess we'll see what kind of deal he receives in FA

edit: corrected typo

Last edited:
I'm not sure anyone would pay what JJ what he wants at this point, even if he is putting up decent numbers in Portland. Right now he is on a 1 year 4 mil deal. Sounds about right to me. I wouldn't mind JJ on the Cavs for 4 mil a year. I guess we'll see what kind of deal he receives in FA

Beware contract year performance. I don't think it's coincidence that JJ's best year by far occurred when he realized no team was willing to give him a long term contract

My wish is that we would have flipped him to San Antonio plus extra for the Leonard Pick. Long gone now, he had no value. His inability to drive the ball really hurts. Crazy how Miles doesn't seem better than him. Miles has so much more talent, but he just chucks jumpers. Omri has not been forcing anything, so at least he is playing within himself.

Gotta admit...Omri was the only one outside of people named Andy I wanted shooting last night.

But damn, the pump fake, then step inside the arc jumper was one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Went in, but I dry heaved.

I think someone should change the name to twinkie toes...

Gotta admit...Omri was the only one outside of people named Andy I wanted shooting last night.

But damn, the pump fake, then step inside the arc jumper was one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Went in, but I dry heaved.

That was insanely funny. Looked like the old guy in a rec league.

Raindrops!

He's got some ballet in him. He'll probably make an appearance on "Dancing with the stars" one of these days.

Casspi only has 1 speed...and it's about 2 clicks slower than everyone else. He looks lost out there; keep him out there with CJ miles.....someone get a +/- for me when they are both on the floor at the same time :)

His shot looks better....but I still hate how he brings it down to his nuts before shooting.

He's better than Miles and Walton.

I rest my case. :)

From the PD:

----
Improved shooting eye boosting playing time for Cleveland Cavaliers' Omri Casspi
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 10:12 PM
Jodie Valade, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- By Omri Casspi's estimation, he's actually doing better than he ever envisioned.

The Cavaliers swingman is hitting 50 percent of his 3-point attempts through 11 games. After an off-season spent focusing on improving his long-distance shooting, and a solid showing with the Israeli National Team in the summer, Casspi figured he'd be better than his disappointing numbers last season.

But his goals were somewhat more modest.

"I feel like I can shoot 40-plus percent from three," Casspi said. "That's what I need to aim for -- 40-45."

Given that Casspi has taken 22 3-point attempts in 11 games, however, knocking in 11 is a good -- if somewhat skewed -- start. The truer test will be whether he can maintain that accuracy and his role as a reliable reserve. Over the last four games, Casspi is averaging 8.3 points.

"I turned to him because C.J. [Miles] was struggling," coach Byron Scott said of Casspi's increased play. "That's the biggest reason. And Omri's taking advantage of the situation. He's played some good ball. The last 3-4 games he's hitting his shot, doing a much better job on the defensive end. He's doing it on both ends right now."

Casspi hit all four 3-point attempts in 15 minutes against Miami, which helped keep the Heat defense off-balance. He is tied for fifth in the league in 3-point percentage, though his 22 attempts are far fewer than Ray Allen (51 attempts, 53 percent) or O.J. Mayo (82 attempts, 52 percent).

Casspi merely shrugged when informed of his ranking. "It's a consequence of hard work in the summer, all the hard work that I put in."

Casspi said he worked on improving the arc of his shot. Meanwhile, Casspi monitors the violence in his native Israel, worrying about his younger sister who is in the Israeli Army and an older brother who is in the Army reserves.

"It's amazing that he's able to play with all that stuff that is going on," Scott said. "But then again, maybe being on the court is his safe haven, as well, because I know when he's probably not on the court there's a lot going on in his mind right now."

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."