• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns to Star in "Hard Knocks" Type Series

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MoGottiFor3

#ALLin216
Reaction score
[video=youtube;H0Q4QaWt8mc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H0Q4QaWt8mc[/video]
Report: Cleveland Browns to Star in "Hard Knocks Type" Reality Series
While I have not seen official reports from the Browns or any television networks, I have received word from someone close to the situation that the Browns will soon be starring in what is described as a "Hard Knocks Type" reality series.

The special is rumored to be airing on the Travel Channel and filming is scheduled to start next week. From what I understand, it will give viewers a "behind the scenes" look at the Browns on and off the field, very similar to the successful HBO series, Hard Knocks.

While this seemed a bit odd to me at first, especially mid-season, after a bit of investigation it made a little more sense. Haslam's wife, Dee, is CEO of RIVR Media which has produced very successful reality shows such as "Trading Spaces" and "Whale Wars" and continually pitches new shows to networks like HGTV, Animal Planet, and others. Whether this new special will be on the Travel Channel or some other cable network, the connection is clear.
Awesome.

The article snippet makes it seem like this is all a rumor. Couldn't find a more recent article? :chuckles:

This is old news. Dee Haslam announced this in an interview with the PD months ago. Way too lazy to look it up, I'm afraid.

I am a bit confused as to why this is starting with only a few weeks left in the season. Wouldn't it make more sense to start it in the offseason around training camp time?

I am a bit confused as to why this is starting with only a few weeks left in the season. Wouldn't it make more sense to start it in the offseason around training camp time?

Its a depressing show with a very sad ending.

Wow this just made my night! I'm assuming the show will start with when Haslem took over ownership?

I'm curious to see, with Haslam's wife in charge of this show, how they portray Shurmur behind the scenes.

Heard this a bit ago. Can't fucking wait. I think there will be a lot to see here.

Wait, is this the one where they crash in the Andes and the end up eating each other?

I have to admit that while I wouldn't normally eat other humans, in those circumstances I definitely would. In that, I also understand that I'm fair game. Think I'd go for Dawson's leg to start.
:stick:

Sounds like it will be more about the logistics of getting 60+ massive men into hotels, on plans, dealing with luggage, equipment, meals, etc. than the actual football side. Makes sense since it's on the Travel Channel, right? Should be an interesting watch, with I'm plenty of Flying J plugs throughout. I just don't think there's going to be much about team dynamics like there is in Hard Knocks, especially since the owners wife is in control of it. There would seem to be some conflict of interest if that were the case.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."