• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs sign Kevin Jones

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Cavs sign Kevin Jones (UDFA)

@PDcavsinsider: #Cavs waive Luke Harangody, sign F Kevin Jones, who averaged 27 p, 13.7 r in 3 games with Canton Charge.

Re: Cavs sign Kevin Jones (UDFA)

Looks like he's going to continue to play for the Charge.

NEW YORK, Nov. 29, 2012 – The Cleveland Cavaliers today signed forward Kevin Jones for the third GATORADE Call-Up of the 2012-13 NBA Development League season. Jones joins more than 95 players with NBA D-League experience currently on NBA rosters.

Following the Call-Up, Jones was assigned from Cleveland to Canton in the first assignment of his career and the 24th of the 2012-13 NBA and NBA D-League seasons.

Jones (6-8, 251, West Virginia) returns to Cleveland having spent the 2012 NBA preseason and training camp with the team. In two preseason games for the Cavaliers, Jones averaged 2.5 rebounds in 9.0 minutes.

As a member of the Charge, Jones has appeared in three games, averaging 27.0 points, good for third-best in the NBA D-League, to go along with 13.7 rebounds and 41.3 minutes.

Jones went undrafted after a four-year career as a Mountaineer, in which he averaged 13.1 points, 7.5 rebounds and 31.3 minutes in 139 NCAA games and became one of three players in history to lead the Big East in scoring and rebounding, when he did so as a senior.

Jones is expected to be in uniform for the Charge when the team hsots the Erie BayHawks tomorrow, Nov. 30, in Canton.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/cantons_kevin_jones_signs_with_cleveland_cavaliers_2012_11_29.html

Re: Cavs sign Kevin Jones (and waive Harangody)

From the moment that Jones fell out of the draft, this move seemed inevitable. Just a question whether the Cavs were going to use Harangody as part of a trade or somehow recoup their costs. And now it sounds like interest in Jones from another team forced their hand.

So, Harangody gets $1M for being smart enough to sign his QO as quickly as possible, Jones finally gets a bigger payday, and Cavs fans can thank Gilbert for not letting the extra cost prevent the Cavs from taking a flyer on Jones.

Nice to see this move happen.

NICE. Now we can see this kid play. They are probably gonna guage how he does compared to Andy too. If Jones comes in and does ANYTHING promising Andy gets slightly expendable.....Very slightly

Luke was a part of the championship core. This is a disgrace.

IpQOX.jpg

I really dont think luke got a fair shake after he showed considerable improvement. I put him far ahead of lueur but if Scott wasnt going to play him no sense keeping him on the roster.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Peace out... Luke.

images

Only one to go...

images

I really dont think luke got a fair shake after he showed considerable improvement. I put him far ahead of lueur but if Scott wasnt going to play him no sense keeping him on the roster.

Both really had no reason to be on this roster, IMO. I guess Leuer at least has a bit more of a reason to be retained. Luke probably ends up back in the DLeague when he recovers from injury anyway, so maybe he signs back on with Canton.

I posted this last week, but Kevin Jones clearly was the best player on the court out there for either team and it wasnt even close. If the Cavs didnt sign him then some other team would have so its smart to protect themselves from losing out on him.

Just hope he's not another D-League rock-star that isn't much of anything in the league, like Darnell.

Lueur has looked like piping hot feces every chance he's gotten thus far. If that doesnt change, I hope another kid gets a shot. We have nothing to lose at this point...

Can this guy play the 3?

Both the Harangody release and the Jones signing were long overdue. Nice to kill 2 birds with one stone. Can't wait for this kid to get a shot.

Can this guy play the 3?

Nah. Too slow. He could get a fw mins here and there in some sort of lineup where we are looking to force a matchup issue or in response to another team's going big or something.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."