• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Greg Popovich Appreciation Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Would Stern be able to fine them if the Spurs win? :chuckles:

Stern is a horrible commissioner.

This dumbass thinks he can tell a coach how to coach. So what is he gonna do in april when 95% of the teams are resting players for the playoffs fine them?
How bout you fix that problem inteligently like the NFL and fix the schedule. When the nfl had this problem they didnt act like little schoo gilrs they were proactive and fixed the problem

Stern is going to receive a SHITLOAD of backlash.

"The strategic resting of particular players on particular nights is within the discretion of the teams." - future NBA commish Adam Silver

"And Gregg Popovich in particular is probably the last coach that I would second-guess." - Silver part II (from last April).

https://twitter.com/sweetswatson

uhh yea...

So Stern can dictate who the coach plays now. Got it

I hope Greg does this for each and every nationally televised game the Spurs have, regardless of the consequences.

Not really sure how you can punish a team for resting veteran players...

Are we certain that posters quote from "Stern" was real?

Edit: Yeah, it's real. It's Popp's prerogative whether he wants to bench those starters at any time. It's him costing himself a win...strategically. It's asinine for Stern to take an official position on it.

Last edited:
Stern is a joke. He's just horrible and is the definition of a whore. I can't wait till this dude can stop ruining the league.

Are we certain that posters quote from "Stern" was real?

What do you mean? CBS Sports Tweeted it. Eye On Basketball Tweeted it. Woj Tweeted it.

i really hope stern faces a ridiculous amount of (well-deserved) backlash for this indefensible bullshit.

what's funny is the spurs roster isn't a whole lot worse than some other shit teams have trotted out this year. of course stern didn't bat an eye then...

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."