• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs sign Kevin Jones

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Cavs sign Kevin Jones (and waive Harangody)

O happy day!

Good for Kevin. I actually work at a movie theater in canton, and he came in to see a movie late at night when nobody was there. We talked for a little bit about basketball, and I told him that the Cavs should give him a shot with how bad they are doing. He was really nice. He just told me that he just had to continue to prove himself in the D league until he got a shot somewhere. I could kind of tell by the way he talked though that he might be called up soon. He had a really excited tone is his voice. Anyways good for Kevin. Hopefully he turns into a serviceable player.

On a side note. I'm assuming the person he brought was his girlfriend. She was smoking hot.

There goes my dream of keeping Harangody and drafting Jack Cooley and not knowing which one is on the floor. Damn! Go K. Jones!!

This is the type of move that gets fans excited but means really nothing to the future of this franchise. Harangody is not NBA caliber and Jones will be Samuels in 3 years. But change at the back of the bench is better than nothing I guess.

This is the type of move that gets fans excited but means really nothing to the future of this franchise. Harangody is not NBA caliber and Jones will be Samuels in 3 years. But change at the back of the bench is better than nothing I guess.

:chuckles:

Jones will be Sam? Come on, man. You really believe that?

You guys will be surprised at who signs harangody and how well he does for them once he has recovered from his injury.

You guys will be surprised at who signs harangody and how well he does for them once he has recovered from his injury.
images

So I don't follow college basketball nor did I keep up with the Cavs training camp all that much...who is Kevin Jones and why is everybody so pumped to sign an undrafted free agent?

:chuckles:

Jones will be Sam? Come on, man. You really believe that?

What is there to believe he will not? Undrafted rookie. Everyone is excited we got him. Undersized, but shows he can play..etc... I could have said Darnell Jackson too if you wanted. More often than not these type of players fail. We can all show examples where the worked out. But there is about a 2.5% chance of success.

Reading his player profile...just took a quick glance but I don't really see anything to get excited for? Looks like just another undersized PF with some skills....but it probably won't be enough to make it in the NBA. Haven't we had enough of those?

Re: Cavs sign Kevin Jones (UDFA)

Holy fuck

Lets go

While I do think he has a higher upside than Harangody, I wouldn't read too much into the D-League stats. There was a 10 game stretch last season with the Charge where Harangody averaged 21.6 & 13.4.

What the fuck is a GATORADE Call-Up ?

What is there to believe he will not? Undrafted rookie. Everyone is excited we got him. Undersized, but shows he can play..etc... I could have said Darnell Jackson too if you wanted. More often than not these type of players fail. We can all show examples where the worked out. But there is about a 2.5% chance of success.

I guess I just don't see the Sam similarities, unless of course you were just pulling Sam's name out of a hat as an example. I mean, let's be honest here, Sam isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box. Even though he got in shape, he was lazy as hell last year. None of this describes Jones. Sam wasn't the Big East POY either.

I'm not saying the odds aren't stacked against him, but I love that he's a basketball player in the truest sense of the word. He works hard. He understands the game and how you're supposed to play. He's got a knack for rebounding and score inside and out. And if it doesn't work out...no big loss.

Re: Cavs sign Kevin Jones (UDFA)

While I do think he has a higher upside than Harangody, I wouldn't read too much into the D-League stats. There was a 10 game stretch last season with the Charge where Harangody averaged 21.6 & 13.4.

Oh

:(

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."