• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns @ Raiders: 4:25 P.M. December 2, 2012

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soda

Listen To The Kids!
Reaction score
oakland-raiders-helmet-ap_296.jpg
vs.
8759391_448x252.jpg

Raiders________________ Browns

mcafee_580.jpg

CBS%2BLogo.jpg

Eyes on Berea: 11-29-12

It seems like every time the Browns have been on the road this season, the weather has been nice in Cleveland and bad where they play. Every time the team has been at home, the weather has been bad. That pattern continues on Sunday as the bay area is expecting torrential rain and over 25 mph winds.

So how does that affect a team’s game plan? Pat Shurmur, Brad Childress, and Dick Jauron all said it can’t affect the way you plan to attack a team. Shurmur admitted, however, that if the weather is sloppy then the play calling will become more “close to the vest.”

The entire reason they drafted a big, strong quarterback like Brandon Weeden was to play in games with bad weather. The entire reason they drafted a guy like Trent Richardson was to control the clock in bad weather games. Let the young men do what they do.

Shurmur compared it to their home game against San Diego where they had to play in heavy rain and 40 mph winds. That was a game the Browns won. Maybe the weather can help them break their 12 game road losing streak.

Young team, new experience – One of the factors that people rarely think about is travel. NFL players are a very regimented bunch and the slightest change in schedule can test a team’s mental strength. For the first time this season, the Browns will be departing for a road game on Friday.

This may not seem like a huge issue, but it changes the approach of the weekend. With such a young roster it will be many players first experience with the change. Add in the three hour time difference and player’s body clocks can be thrown off tilt.

Brad Childress said that it will only become a distraction if the young guys let it be. For someone like TJ Ward, who grew up in the bay area and has a ton of family there, it presents a whole different spectrum of problems. He will have to deal with ticket requests, family dinners, and friends he has not seen since the offseason. These very things are some of the reasons that it is so hard to win on the road in the NFL.

Not much flash on the practice field – There are three players on the Browns who attended Kent State University and only one of them is currently practicing, Ishmaa’ily Kitchen. Both Josh Cribbs and Usama Young have not practiced this week and are highly doubtful for the game on Sunday.

Their alma mater will play a huge game tomorrow night in Detroit and a win should send them to a BCS Bowl game. They would be the first MAC school to participate in a BCS game.

Cribbs actually chartered a bus to take fans of the Flashes to Detroit to cheer on his former school. You have to wonder if he or Young might show up on the sidelines if they know they aren’t playing on Sunday.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=19&post_id=8791

So, Shurmur is going to play it close to the vest... I say 13-9 Browns.

Last edited:
I think we will definitely be able to run on this team. That is key.

Depends on which of our defenses shows up.

I think we will definitely be able to run on this team. That is key.

Not if it's a monsoon like it's supposed to be. Oakland will just stack 8 in the box and dare us to throw.

I think the same defense will carry over from last game, Browns finally get some recognition for their Defense by media after 3 great defensive played games.

Depends on which of our defenses shows up.

I'm taking a chance and playing the Browns' defense this week. I hope they continue some of the momentum from last week and play well again. Maybe the crap weather will help them force some turnovers. Oakland is also a weak offensive team and DMC may not even play. If he does he'll likely be limited/hobbled. Add all that with the defense really being healthy for the first time last week and it just seems like a recipe for a strong defensive performance to me.

If you're in position to use them as your DEF - you're golden....and I think double digits is a possibility, too.

Im also taking the Browns this week put a $100 on them with a friend i work with who took the Raiders...Im thinking the Browns D will show up big up again,i think that Rubin and Taylor are just nasty up the middle..

Please win Browns. The Cavs are just killing me.

Im also taking the Browns this week put a $100 on them with a friend i work with who took the Raiders...Im thinking the Browns D will show up big up again,i think that Rubin and Taylor are just nasty up the middle..

Good thing it looks like McFadden will be out. I'm expecting turnovers again by The Browns defense.

@AdamSchefter: For first time this season, Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor will be active, though coaches are uncertain whether they will actually play him.

@AdamSchefter: For first time this season, Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor will be active, though coaches are uncertain whether they will actually play him.

If they are smart they would have a package for him. The guy has elite speed and is a playmaker when running the ball.

Last edited:
I'm taking a chance and playing the Browns' defense this week. I hope they continue some of the momentum from last week and play well again. Maybe the crap weather will help them force some turnovers. Oakland is also a weak offensive team and DMC may not even play. If he does he'll likely be limited/hobbled. Add all that with the defense really being healthy for the first time last week and it just seems like a recipe for a strong defensive performance to me.

It's a good move, considering Cali is getting crushed by rain & wind. The defense (assuming) should be good by default.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."