• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Lakers thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KI4MVP

formerly LJ4MVP
Reaction score
I figured we could use a general thread on the lakers since they are struggling and we have trade rights to get their pick. So I thought I'd start one off with Kobe's quote from last night

"Put your big-boy pants on." -- Kobe Bryant on Pau Gasol

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

They'll be fine. Once Nash comes back we'll get a better idea of what kind of team they will be. I still expect them to be a title contender, regardless of how they struggle early on in the season.

Not saying I want this to be the case though. Especially with MB gone now, I have no reason not to wish for their team's hopes and dreams to go down in flames.

Last edited:
I'm very excited that their season has been so bad so far. It would be nice to see it get worse though.

They'll be fine. Once Nash comes back we'll get a better idea of what kind of team they will be. I still expect them to be a title contender, regardless of how they struggle early on in the season.

Not saying I want this to be the case though. Especially with MB gone now, I have no reason not to wish for their team's hopes and dreams to go down in flames.

Nash has the same injury Ben Wallace had a few years ago. Wallace was out 6 weeks and then another 6 weeks after that he was still a shell of himself vs Orlando (which pretty much cost us the championship). A lot of people have pretty high expectations that 40 year old Nash will return and play like he was never gone.

Kobe Bryant, after Lakers lose to Magic: ‘I’ll kick everybody’s ass in this locker room’ if we don’t fix things
:ninja:

Howard before the game

So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship," Howard said. "So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight.

Back to the same question that has been debated previously. Is the Lakers pick lottery protected or not?

Hard to imagine the Lakers off of just sheer talent not grabbing at least the 8th seed. If that Ramon deal lands us the 24th pick and a year later the ability to move up 10+ spots .. thats an incredible win.

Pretty sure that quote was more in reference to him leaving the Magic but if the Lakers never catch fire this year and face an early round exit, it might become more relevant to his future decisions.

Howard before the game

I still havent seen a direct quote saying it is or is not protected outside of realgm. Can someone provide one?

I still havent seen a direct quote saying it is or is not protected outside of realgm. Can someone provide one?

Ben confirmed in the pick watch thread that real GM is correct, top 14 protected or whatever

Pretty sure that quote was more in reference to him leaving the Magic but if the Lakers never catch fire this year and face an early round exit, it might become more relevant to his future decisions.

I'm thinking personally that with Atlanta's ability to sign Paul, and Dwight that there is no way in hell that Dwight sticks around in LA after this season. We can only see the on court dysfunction going on with that team, and she ain't pretty. Based on their talent alone they should be a top 4 seed, which leads me to believe there are serious problems going on behind the scenes. I'm thinking the Lakers practice facility has been turned into the set of Jerry Springer as of late lol.

Before someone says that Kobe is too good of a leader, or whatever to let that happen, is there any proof of that? I remember him whinning his way to the Lakers, fueding with Shaq, running Shaq out of town, complaining and demanding a trade, and sulking every time things don't go his way (PHX Suns series where Lakers were 3-1 for example).

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."