• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2013 MLB Hall of Fame Ballot

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Was reading one of my recent issues of SI today and Dan Patrick interviewed Mark McGwire. I thought it was interesting that McGwire manned up and said that he wouldn't vote for himself to the Hall if he had a vote; and that by the standards and voting guidelines of the Hall he is not worthy.

What I would love to see is someone get inducted. And at the start of their speech say, "I have a confession to make. I took steroids, HGH, and corked my bat. The greatest part of it all is, I was never caught. I'd like to thank Bonds, Sosa, Mcguire and all the idiots that got caught that made it all possible for me not to get caught."

That doesn't make any sense- how would those players getting caught keep another from getting caught? What, were they hiding their steroids in Bonds' flaxseed oil? I'm confused.

I'm torn on the steroids issue. For every home run that Bonds hit on roids, how many were hit AGAINST someone on steroids? Ex. Did Clemons pitch to Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire? Isn't that a wash at that point?

I'm torn on the steroids issue. For every home run that Bonds hit on roids, how many were hit AGAINST someone on steroids? Ex. Did Clemons pitch to Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire? Isn't that a wash at that point?

And, of course, baseball wasn't "clean" before those guys anyway. Anyone looking for "clean" records is chasing a unicorn. It's just that we know more about what these guys are putting in their bodies than we did in previous generations.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."