• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kickoffs about to be a thing of the past

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So when will the NFL just get rid of all contact and start using flags?

Actually, I find this to be intriguing. Much more interesting than watching the ball sail past the endzone 75% of the time.

Edit

Last edited:
It's called protecting the players. They aren't animals for our entertainment; they need to do what they can to keep players on the field.

Actually, I find this to be intriguing. Much more interesting than watching the ball sail past the endzone 75% of the time.

How about just changing it back to the 30 yard line then?

The onside kick turning into a 4th and 15 has to be the worst idea ever. Teams with good QB's would be heavily favored, more than they already are. He should just ban players that play defense and run the ball.

It's called protecting the players. They aren't animals for our entertainment; they need to do what they can to keep players on the field.

Injuries will happen, it's part of playing the game. Players get hurt playing baseball, a sport with almost no contact. I wonder what the players think about getting 'protected' like this.

Injuries will happen, it's part of playing the game. Players get hurt playing baseball, a sport with almost no contact. I wonder what the players think about getting 'protected' like this.

There is a difference between breaking an arm and getting multiple concussions that result in brain damage.

There is a difference between breaking an arm and getting multiple concussions that result in brain damage.

Or becoming paralyzed. See Kevin Everett (temporarily paralyzed) and Eric LeGrand.

So if they ban the kickoffs concussions wont happen anymore? So in a punt or in a normal formation (instead of the onside kick) concussions wont happen?

Things like that wont work, and if it keeps going like this, this game wont even be football anymore.

Real solutions like forcing the players to wear the safer helmets would work. But naaah, they think its too uncomfortable, so lets change the rules.

Im all for this if I dont have to see Cribbs run out from 9 yards deep to only end up at the 15

Our own QB's have proven that concussions will and can happen on any given play.

What a fucking joke. I will stop following the NFL if they do this.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."